[ral] Objektiv

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Objektiv

Post by egamad »

I have a lot of work at university, but I wanted to maintain my ratio of at least one track per month, so I decided to release:

Objektiv

World size: 240
Track lenght: 991m
Description: Primary objective: Create FS rally track containing 3 colours only. Secondary objective: Study for an important exam. Priorities matter.

After my bi-coloured Sei Leir, which got 3rd place in ToM, I experimented with colours again, making something with only 3 colours. I wanted to release a trackpack of 3 tracks, but this one was the only releasing-worty one of the pack. :shrug:

Enjoy and leave a comment! :hattip:
Attachments
Objektiv.jpg
Objektiv.zip
(63.92 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] Objektiv

Post by Trigger Happy »

it's almost like motocross :) And the hay bales are placed very cleverly. :bg:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Thanks for the comment, Ivo. :bsmile:

Any more thoughts? :hide:
Visit My GeneRally site!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Will your next track contain 4 colours? and after that 5 colours? :D
About the track, I personally think the layout is too long.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hmmmmmm, I have to say that this looks extremely good!
This is just the kind of track that could really be used in some country races. Every little detail of the surroundings has the feeling of being necessary and important. They are very well thought and very well placed to make the area balanced and realistic. Every bit of land has been used well, and thankfully the track takes most of it, making it a long and enjoyable ride.
I wish I could explain the "WHOOOH" feeling I have in me when looking at the track. :D It is just amazing work. I'd even dare to say that it is the best ral(or maybe it's more like a rax) track I have seen.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Quite good my friend :bg:
The overall feeling is quite good. Driving with some powerful and fast rally cars I find the driving flow very good and challenging.
My only complaint is too much light posts....don't quite fit in this track type.

And I have the same feeling like Ivo.....its surely looks (almost) like a motocross tracks. If I were you I would have a thought about making a motocross track pack. Its been years since someone released such tracks....
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Looks really fun, too bad I have win7 with too good specs... :doh:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Good one, though too much trees on desert like lmap :D. And these lights at inner side of last corner are quite dangerous.
But yes, you made great track once again :bg:. I wish you tried stage rally once too :hiya: .

:hattip:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Thanks for the comments. Maybe there really are too many light posts, but always tend to "overcrowd" my tracks with..stuff. :shy:
Also the trees like Dan said, but these types of surface/forest combinations exist in nature: picture.

The layout is one of the longest I've made, Ivneo Pass was also a long one if anyone remembers it. But lap time ~45 seconds still isn't so extreme.

I don't know a lot about motocross, but maybe I'll watch some youtube videos and try to make something. No promises. :hide:
Visit My GeneRally site!
pepsibottle1

Post by pepsibottle1 »

I like this one and it goes great with the PRO-4 trucks. Nice use of objects for obstacles. Nice track overall with a deserty feel to it.

The only thing that irks me are the lightpoles; out of place on a off-road track like this but very minor bug that does not detract from the enjoyability of the track. I can easily overlook that. Great job and thank you for sharing with us.

97/100
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!