[cir] Imesque

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Imesque

Post by Emil Patanen »

Here is the latest track that I have finished. It's based on an abandoned WIP by Pahkasika.

Imesque is an old track, which was built in 1985. There weren't many races held on the track, due to which the track became unprofitable. Thus the original owner of the track stopped taking care of keeping the track in good form in the middle of 90s and soon the track became abandoned. After that some volunteers were keeping the track in good enough condition to be able to race on the track. They were holding their own races there, but by the time the track was more and more rarely used. Therefore the willingness of volunteers to be responsible for the track's condition decreased. A couple of years ago the track got abandoned again, and by now it has become in the condition as it is.
Attachments
Imesque.zip
(95.6 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Imesque.png
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
zsoltbartok

Re: [cir] Imesque

Post by zsoltbartok »

Really lovely! It looks abandoned indeed, and the track has a unique aura. It also plays well. The upper region is a bit disturbing for me as it is almost off-screen, otherwise it is a great nice track!
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks, mizzamar, for the comment. :)

Any other comments?
Latest releases:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Another great track after L.Rosamunda! :clap:

The track is quite narrow, but is a lot more fluent than it looks on the picture. Layout isn't outstanding, but not bad either (but I suppose Pahkasika made it). Object placement is fine and so is lmap. Those muddy tyre marks spice the scenery up a bit. :bg:

Hmap caught me off guard in the topmost part, resulting in heavy damage, but that was just the first lap. :P The rest of hmap is quite smooth and suits the track. But those random water spots don't IMO. The lmap and cactii give impression of arid climate, so all the water seems a bit illogical.

But the overall feeling is very good, it's a keeper for me. :nod:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for a detailed comment, egamad. :D
egamad wrote:Layout isn't outstanding, but not bad either (but I suppose Pahkasika made it). - - Hmap caught me off guard in the topmost part, resulting in heavy damage, but that was just the first lap. :P The rest of hmap is quite smooth and suits the track.
Layout indeed was made by Pahkasika. Also hmap is almost like it was when Pahkasika abandoned the track. I did only few changes, mostly smoothening, on it.
Latest releases:
pepsibottle1

Post by pepsibottle1 »

Wonderful track. Great layout and attention to detail. This is one of my favorites.

101/100
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!