Mark forums read?

Are you experiencing any issue while using this forum? Post it here!
Rich Nagel
GeneRally Wizard

Mark forums read?

Post by Rich Nagel »

Does this actually work, "Mark forums read"?

After "view New posts", I surf back to the board index, and then "Mark forums read", but if I "View new posts" again, all of the previous new(er) messages are still displayed on that screen.

Seems like it does this during the course of the whole day. In other words, the messages don't seem to be actually marked as read (?).

Lastly, not on the same topic though, does the forum software suport some sort of email notifications (new replies to threads, etc...)?
Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
www.richnagel.net
¥Weeds¥ GeneRally Stuff - ALL broken links FINALLY fixed!
¥Weeds¥ File Archives - Music, stuff, and more.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Mark forums read?

Post by Trigger Happy »

''View new posts'' is list of posts, which were done since your last login similarly to unread post, but clearing of the list is related to login/logout, not reading them - if you noticed, even the ''View new posts'' list differs read and unread posts by colour, so ''View new posts'' is feature unrelated to read/unread status of posts.

So yes, ''Mark forums read'' works - unread posts turn their status to read, but it has no influence on ''View new posts'' list - ''unread'' is not equal to ''new''.

On second question, yes, the forum engine allows feature for subscribing topics, but IIRC it wasn't enabled. But I'll look on it. ;)

Edit: feature enabled, should be working. :)
Rich Nagel
GeneRally Wizard

Re: Mark forums read?

Post by Rich Nagel »

Ivo Porč wrote:''View new posts'' is list of posts, which were done since your last login similarly to unread post, but clearing of the list is related to login/logout, not reading them - if you noticed, even the ''View new posts'' list differs read and unread posts by colour, so ''View new posts'' is feature unrelated to read/unread status of posts.
So yes, ''Mark forums read'' works - unread posts turn their status to read, but it has no influence on ''View new posts'' list - ''unread'' is not equal to ''new''.
Thanks for the info :) Hehe, I dunno what I was thinking LOL... the "View unread posts" was the feature I was looking for :) The old brain doesn't work as good as it used to :duh: <grin>.

Ivo Porč wrote:On second question, yes, the forum engine allows feature for subscribing topics, but IIRC it wasn't enabled. But I'll look on it. ;)

Edit: feature enabled, should be working. :)
Many thanks :)
Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
www.richnagel.net
¥Weeds¥ GeneRally Stuff - ALL broken links FINALLY fixed!
¥Weeds¥ File Archives - Music, stuff, and more.