[ral] Novreg

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Novreg

Post by Mad Dan »

after I saw egamads last trackmaking project I decided to make a TE only track too :D

Novreg :rally:

small village Novreg* at coast of river ;). Try it and comment please :shy:

Dan Hakulin

*TE only track deserves TE name :misch:

rally rallye fullscreen fsr haq
Attachments
Novreg.zip
(28.99 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Novreg.JPG
Last edited by Mad Dan on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo

Re: [ral] Novreg

Post by Lorenzo »

Maybe someone could make tutorial how to make good tracks using only TE? I'm very interested how you can make such good landscapes at this programme :).
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I don't think, that's possible. It's more about idea of track, sense for right PoV, sense for balanced using of colors and placing of objects into it as the lmap is very simple. People with artistic sense can do miracles with everything, even with TE. It cannot be learned, it's gift from God. :bg:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

At first glance I thought that was my Uniox Town. :P

Nice job, maybe you should have spent a bit more time on this one, polish the dithering some more and such, but a very nice effort, and the POV is quite hard, just the way I like it! :bg: The only thing is the AI line, where at the start of a race AI drivers crash all over the place. I try moving the start of the line closer to the S/F line (look at the pic) and it worked great. :)

I really hope you'll produce more of these. :nod:
Attachments
novreg.ai.png
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

thanks guys :)

@Lorenzo: I think that no tutorial is need :D it´s just trackeditor, you have to try it and use your imagination :bg: it has just few tools and possibilities but if you find way how to use them efectively then you don´t need anything else.

Recently I found it very challanging to make TE only tracks, I made few more tracks in it, maybe I´ll relase them in pack :scratch:. Really thanks for inspiration egamad :bg: your trackpack gave me fresh ideas :shy:
Last edited by Mad Dan on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Ivo Porc wrote:I don't think, that's possible. It's more about idea of track, sense for right PoV, sense for balanced using of colors and placing of objects into it as the lmap is very simple. People with artistic sense can do miracles with everything, even with TE. It cannot be learned, it's gift from God. :bg:
Unfortunately it seems you're right :(. I'll never become a good trackmaker, I've finished only one track, but it's not worth to be showed :shrug:. Maybe I'll try in future, when I will be older and have better mind :flip:.

At least my cars are good :rofl:.