What other games than GeneRally you play?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

What other games than GeneRally you play?

Post by AleksiNir »

This thread was in the previous GRRacers forum too, let's put it here too.

For the last few months I've been spending too much of my time to a rather popular MMORPG :doh:
thegreatfalcon

Re: What other games than GeneRally you play?

Post by thegreatfalcon »

@Aleksi: Please tell me me it's RuneScape and not WoW :hiya:

Obviously, I Play Track Mania, Need For Speed and recently you could have be seeing me on CombatArms servers :) And yeah I sometimes have a hand at my good 'ol runescape account...
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I play very seldom anything else - and lately I haven't really played even GR...

But if I play something else nowadays, it's all Wii for me - Sports, Fit, Guitar Hero 3... Or some Singstar with friends while getting drunk. :mrgreen:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

There are games other than GeneRally?

I've been playing Blood Bowl lately. We have the first edition board game of it here, which was my step-dad's favourite childhood game. I also found out that my software teacher is one of the co-writers of the current edition rules.
View my archived circuits/cars here
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I just finished Darwinia today. I have Crash Time 3, Mirror's Edge, HoI3 and KoToR to start/finish. (Thanks Steam discounts! :D )
But otherwise my gaming is mostly done on PS3. Skate 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, GTA4, Burnout Paradise, inFamous... Those are propably the ones I play the most. Then I have some random Rock Band sessions. They have been very random lately.
Oh, and rFactor.

Lately I haven't had that much of time to play lately, most of the free time goes for the music anyways. And GR... Uhh... I haven't even touched it for a long time.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

Hmm. These days I play mostly Grand Prix Legends, Frets on Fire (a Guitar Hero clone for PC), Heroes of Might and Magic III (sometimes IV and V also), Half-Life 2 and the HL2: Episode One and Two. Sometimes I also play Gran Turismo 4 for fun, ahh driving Nürburgring Nordschleife with stock cars :mrgreen:
Also some old-school PS1 games are being played, like Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro... :champa:
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I play GeneRally, CMR 2005, FlatOut (both), MiniRacingOnline, Red Alert 2, Desperados, Age of Empires I., last 3 are quite oldschool games but I like them :D I hope to buy DiRT in few months/weeks :flip:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

In the days of the Atari 2600, I played a lot of games of which I don't remember the names anymore, then I bought a C-64.
Great home-Computer, which was mainly used to play games like:

- The last Ninja (Inspiration for my forum-name :D )
- Elite (Need I say more? David Braben is king)
- Spindizzy (Started my love for ISO-3d games!)
- Driller (Great "real" 3d puzzle game)
- Green Beret (Stupidly hard shoot'em up, nice gfx)
- Laser squad (Great Round-based SF-RPG, still remember the enemy's name: Ragnar Sternix :) ))
- Airborne Ranger (Nice Sneak and shoot, long before Metal gear series)
- F19 Stealth Fighter (One of the best flight Simulators those days)
- Fort Apocalypse
- Katakis (Fantastic SF-Shooter, But it had too many similarities with R-Type, then they had to change the name (Darius) & gameplay). I still prefer Katakis.
- Maniac Mansion (Great humor! One of the first point & klick adventures, The follow-up Zak McKracken was also nice).
- Zork (and many other text-only adventures from Infocom!!)
- Stunt Car Racer
- Arkanoid
- Activision's Decathlon (Joystick Killer par excellence!).
- Ghostbusters
- Barbarian (Bloody beat 'em up)
- Boulder Dash
- Racing Destruction Set (Building tracks & Racing on 'em, reminds me of another game..... :D )
- Mercenary & Mercenary II
- Little Computer People (Not really a game, but a little guy living "in" my computer....great!)
.........and many more

After a break, I bought a Super-Nes, had a lot of good games.
These where the days that started the Rivalry between Sonic (Mega Drive/Genesis) & Mario (SNES/Super Famicom).
I still don't like either one of them! :mrgreen:
Anyway, a few my favorite games on the SNES:

- Super Bomberman 2 (Great 4-player action, with hudson's 4 player adapter).
- Super Street Fighter II
- International Superstar Soccer.................Deluxe! (One of the best soccer games around, always played on "hard".)
- Harvest Moon (Sounds boring: "farming" as a game, but is really addictive! SNES version is still the best, IMO)
- Zombies ate my neighbours
- Starfox
- Parodius
- Donkey Kong Country Series (Best graphics for that console, even better than most of the games on the saturn & PS-one, which were coming out then) :oops:
- Flashback
- Another World (Flashback's predecessor)
- Legend of Zelda - A LINK to the past

Then came my PS-one:

- Metal Gear Solid (One of my all-time favorites, fantastic story-telling, graphics, characters, enemies, weapons, cut-scenes, etc....etc..... I cried while hearing the music after finishing the game :oops: never happened to me before...or after!) This says enough to the quality of the game. (Or about the psychic instability of my person :D )

- Resident Evil 2 (12 o'cock at night, all the lights where dimmed, ps-one attached to my hifi-set, turned up the volume, and started the first disc! Can you imagine the situation?)
- Front Mission III
- Vib Ribbon (Jump 'n Run on your own music, which generates the playfield. Very innovative)
- Music 2000 (Not a game, but a great utility to create songs).
- Ape escape (First game only playable with the analog-sticks)
- Crash Bandicoot
- Tomb raider I (And only this one!! Maybe part two also, but the rest was just marketing)

I bought the N64 when it was already a few years on the market, only to play one game:

- Perfect Dark (The predecessor, GoldenEye was released before, but never caught my attention. Perfect Dark was/is in my opinion the best First person shooter on any console! The story, the graphics, the weapons, mindblowing!
The solo-part of the game was already very good, but then I bought an extra expension-pack to play the multiplayer-part.
Unbelievable, never had seen so many possibilities, one could play against human opponents, but also insert some "bots", adjust their intelligence and aggressiveness, their preferred weapons, fantastic.
You could change the bodies and faces of the players and opponents (body and head seperately)
The programmers (RARE) wanted to implement an option to photograph yourself wih the gameboy-camera, and put that photo into the game, but this option was cancelled for unknown reasons. Maybe the producers were afraid of protests by teachers/parents, whose pictures being used as targets to shoot on.
There were also weapons in the game with a lot of secondary functions, like a machinegun, which could be placed on a wall, floor, or roof, and started to fire when an enemy came close to it.
What to think of a machinegun with a mine as secundary function when dropped on the floor? Anyone wanting to pick it up, goes up in a great ball of fire.
Or remote-controlled mines, motion-controlled mines, timer-controlled mines?
Then there were the glass windows and floors, which being shot at, bursted in thousands of pieces, with thesound of real breaking glass. When you were standing on a glass floor, and somebody shot at the floor, you were fallin onto a lower level.
Opponents reacted also very realistic, when you hit one in the hand, he'd drop a weapon, grab his hand, and scream something like: "ouch! my hand", or "that hurts". when being hit in one of the legs, they started to walk with a limp, slower then before, even loosing blood on the floor.
Anyway, I never spent more time on any other console-game before and after Perfect Dark.

Another favorite on the N64 has to be RARE's other great game:

- Conker's bad Fur Day
Never seen a game with better humor before. Also made by RARE, you played a squirrel which was (being completely drunk) thrown into an action adventure with many references to movies.
I will never forget the scene from "Saving private Ryan", at the beaches in Normandy.
Or the part in which you had to fly around as a bat, catching the innocent villagers and feeding them to the vampire from the movie "Bram Stoker's Dracula".
The game featured also one of the craziest end-bosses in any videogame, like a love-sick bull, or a giat heap of poo!
(Mimimimi....I am the great mighty Poo, and I'm going to throw some sh*t at you) :D .
This game could also get VERY frustrating, remembering that we (2 players) used more than 90 lives playing the lava-surfing level, so frustratingly hard.

OK, I'll stop for now, continue this list later on.........
Last edited by The lost Ninja on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I've been playing:

Battlefield 2 and BF2: Special Forces, Metal Gear Solid on PS1 :up: , and ummm... GTR 2 aaaaand SWAT 4 amazing tactical shooter game everyone should try it ;).
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

I have SWAT 4 too, it's great :) These days I'm playing rFactor, GTA San Andreas and GRID :drive:
ECOlogic Racing Team
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Sandbox games: Mount and Blade is the only one I play now (apart from GR).
I also loved Braid this year.

Strange, but I get bored of racing sims / driving games fairly quickly. You know, you get all the tracks in the world in GR, all the cars, nice and friendly driving - I just don't need anything else! ;)
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Michkov

Post by Michkov »

I love to play Civilization 4 and other strategy games. Also Grand Prix Legends and lots of SNES games lately
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

I really love that Pro Street... Here's a screen of a R32 on Texas Speedway thingy at BattleMachine state...

EDIT: BTW, this is also a rendering of the quality at which I play the game since I got that HD 4670: Real Difference...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maclape

Post by maclape »

After a long break i returned to MRO and it seems i'm enough fast nowadays too :D

And i also love play in Nestopia (Nes-emulator) all tecmo super bowls rooms. And sometimes i play NCAA Football '10 and Madden NFL '10 in PS2.

Yes, you know now what are my two loves: Motorsports and american football (quite unknown in Europe and much more here in Spain).
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I don't play games that much any more, but some of my favourites up to this date are:

Fallout 2 :bowdown:
Age of Empires: The Conquerors :love:
Heroes Of Might And Magic III :wiz:
Diablo II LOD :evil:
Curse of Monkey Island :roflmao:
Gothic I and II :viking:

I'm 100% sure I missed some, but then again, it would be impossible to list all games I ever liked.
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Szculkiye

Post by Szculkiye »

Here are some great freeware games I've been enjoying lately:

The Marathon Trilogy

Dwarf Fortress

Cave Story

La-Mulana

Go check them out! :bg:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Tiberian Sun!

it even works on W7 in 1920x1080, awesome game :)
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Flight Simulator 2004.

Used to play Gran Turismo 2, 3, 4 and the NFS Series (NFSU, NFSU2, NFSMW, NFS ProStreet). but never played it anymore.

For web-based games, GPRO (Grand Prix Racing Online)

http://www.gpro.se/
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Jonzu95

Post by Jonzu95 »

I Play these games:

-Robot Arena 2 (Forums: www.gametechmods.com )
-Richard Burns Rally
-Live For Speed
-Colin McRae DiRT
-WRC Rally Evolved

Rallygames FTW! :rally:
Waltsuh

Post by Waltsuh »

Most of time i play old PS1 games with my PSP. I just love games like: Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Resident Evils, Destruction Derbys, Dino Crisis' and so on. Sometime ago i played Fallout 3 veery much, but now the "season" is over and im not playing it so much. Racing games, like rFactor and F1C 99-02 are game which i really like. Diablo 2 season is on too, again. It just wont get boring if you keep week or two break from it.
Ex-RSC nickname: Mercedes-Benz82
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Simple answer. I play Turbo Sliders, MiniRacingOnline and some GBA/SNES emulations. Favorite emulated game is definitely GT Advance 3 for GBA and Super Mario Kart and EarthBound for SNES.

For the consoles, I play Cars: Maternational, Sega Rally 2006, Auto Modellista, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2, Ridge Racer V (PS2). Crash Team Racing, SimCity 2000, and many PS1 games that I couldn't mention.

Sometimes I also play Arcade games. Namely, Sega Rally, Initial D Arcade Stage, and most fav off all, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune. See if you can reach 825HP on THAT game.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
RodSk8Punk

Post by RodSk8Punk »

Well, I like playing...

...uh, well...

...I like play Tony Hawk Proving Ground, Skate 2, GTA IV, Midnight Club L.A., all in my PS.. ..in my imagination :(

Now serious, I used to play Tony Hawk Project 8 on PS3 (the unique game I played on PS3) in a place near my house (like, where we pay for playing videogames or using PCs, I still don't know how to say it in english. Can someone there help?) but it broke.
I could play one or two hours per week but had more fun than playing any game I have on my house for PS2 or my crappy PC for a day (though it distracts me a little, but still not very fun).

But sometimes playing a GBA (The Urbz) or SNES game in a emulator might work.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

RodSk8Punk wrote: Now serious, I used to play Tony Hawk Project 8 on PS3 (the unique game I played on PS3) in a place near my house (like, where we pay for playing videogames or using PCs, I still don't know how to say it in english. Can someone there help?) but it broke.
Too bad about your PS3... if that place was mostly for playing online games, it would be called an "Internet cafe". But it sounds like they might have consoles and single-player games too... I don't really know what to call that either... :?
I like short, simple signatures!
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

I just found out about two nice free games:

First; "Captain forever", in which you steer a small spaceship, fight against others and expand your spaceship with the parts floating around in space, left there by your enemies.
Try it for yourself on:
http://www.captainforever.com, or try it with my (very crude) SPACESHIP

The second one is a wonderful mix of two games, Puzzle/Jump 'n Run with great ambient music.
Continuity

The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

This weekend we played "Heavy Rain" on the ps3, great game!
I already loved it's predecessor (Fahrenheit), but heavy rain takes playable films into a new level.
Story is great, with many turns and twists.
All the time you're thinking: "But what would have happened when I'd done this, or that?"
Beautiful graphics, but sometimes the "uncanny valley" takes effect, where the faces look almost too real, so that they seem artificial, or unrealistic.
We went to the cinema that evening, saw the movie "Shutter Island", by Martin Scorcese, with Leonardo Di Caprio, in that movie it rains 3/4 of the time.
Then, Friday it started to rain outside (In the real world :D ) and didn't stop until sunday night.
After the movie, we played the game until the end, I'd better say one of it's endings, it seems like everything you do in the game, has an effect on the story later on.

So this was a real rainy weekend. :lol:

Edit: Typo
Last edited by The lost Ninja on Wed May 26, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.