30 Day Song Challenge!

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Martyn

30 Day Song Challenge!

Post by Martyn »

OK I've stolen this from Facebook, but I think It's an awesome idea that we should implement here.

I will post a theme for a song and you have untill I post the next theme to post a YouTube of the song and just say something about the song.

Day 1: Your Favourite Song
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Martyn

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge!

Post by Martyn »

Wires, by Athlete. I don't think there's ever been another song with as much emotion as this one!
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's not easy to just pick one as a favourite... There are so many songs that could be the favourite, really. but I guess I have to go with the one that finally turned me completely towards the harder styles of electronic music, Kubrik - Strangelove. It's not even nearly as known song as it should be. This song, and this artist/DJ has been a big inspiration for my own music. You could say that this is the thing that changed my life completely for something different. And now I have been following that different path for about 10 years.

Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Day 2: Your Least Favourite song
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I guess I would be banned if I posted the songs I don't like. Just pick pretty much any RnB, hip hop, pop track you hear being played to death on every radio channel and you get the hang of what I don't like
Ok, so that's a pretty big piece of popular music to remove. So what next? Well, the 00's light weight rock. I mean, if you want to use distorted guitars, then use them. Really, use them. Don't just go and "plim plim plim" them.

Yeah... This pretty much sums up why I don't listen to radio..
Last edited by 1nsane on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Song i hate the most: Anything by Justin Bieber. I wish he could die in a hole.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
MD

Post by MD »

I don't care about such music which do not need anykind of talent and make me feel absolutely nothing. This cannot be called music/song.
I feel sorry that I missed Day1 and I'd like to skip Day2. I'd love to speak about real music :D
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

If the 30 day music challenge is anything like the Caption Game, this could go on for months... :D

Least favourite song? Hate to say it, but I'm anti-Beatles in a huge way. I couldn't give a flying toffee for anything they did.

EDIT: I urge Martyn strongly to consider a category for "Song that sounds brilliant in the video, but utterly crap in live concert" during the 30 days... ;)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

The girl singing a random line there is an earworm, and it's the least favorite definitely, out of all Rage Racer tracks.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Justin Bieber-Baby :rofl:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hmmmm, since Martyn doesn't seem to continue this (and the list is pretty easy to find on the internet anyways. :P ), let's continue...

Day 03 – A song that makes you happy
Alex

Post by Alex »

Da Shootaz - Grand Theft Auto. Whenever it comes on in GTA1 or GTA3 or even my GTASA custom song list, i drive like a maniac and kill everyone in the game because it sounds awesome and feels like you're being chased or chasing someone.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I personally have to say A-One - Speedy Night (King side). Very upbeat eurobeat song which causes an instant smile on my face when I hear it. It has some very cool vocoder/autotune effects, which I like so much.. It is somewhat a perfect eurobeat song (well, except that the vocals are mixed to loud when listening on high end systems). Me likes. :)

Vilkku

Post by Vilkku »

My signature was too long.
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

''JAP'' the sengoku basara anime opening, that song makes me smile and sing :bsmile:

for some people this can be strange, but i don't matter
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

M&H Band - Popcorn

A rare piece of 80s greatness, with plenty of audio wonderment and... stuff. Epic tune.
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

well we are in fourth day and, as 1nsane said, it's not difficult to find the list, so...

4th day: a song that makes you sad
my gr creations
MD

Post by MD »

It's the saddest of all :hide:
You can find the english versions too.
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

An obligatory mention to Barber's Adagio for Strings.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hehe, I only get chills from Adagio for Strings..

But I'll say Mad World by Gary Jules. It just manages to say exactly the same I tend to think whenever I walk around the city or just think about the future.

The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Cat's in the cradle by Harry Chapin

Sad lyrics. :(

"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

i haven't a song that makes me sad at all :scratch: if anyone makes me sad i won't listen it :?
my gr creations
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Wehaay, let's go with the next day!

Day 05 – A song that reminds you of someone

(Also, I think it would be ok that if you happen to miss a previous day or two, you can still post them. Just don't go posting 30 songs because you have missed them all.. :) )
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Tricky. In fact, so tricky, I'll turn to a song that was sung by a friend who writes her own stuff.

Not so much one individual missed, but more of a collection of folk.