[cir] [rwl] Batangas

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Alex

[cir] [rwl] Batangas

Post by Alex »

You may have seen me announce this in the Gala Thread but i decided to complete and release it a few days earlier :D. It is Batangas Racing Circuit in the Phillipines. I made this in one day just to prove all the other people who say that good tracks take days to complete wrong. Anyway, i hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks, Alex.
Attachments
Batangas1.png
Batangas2.png
Batangas.zip
(94.2 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Last edited by Alex on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] [rwl] Batangas

Post by Bouncebackability »

have you tried simply retaking the screenshot and saving again, maybe use a different program? :shrug:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thanks. it works now. Anybodys' thoughts? :yummy:
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

well when i saw the layout i did wonder how well you would fit it in. and i have to say that the way you chose, put you on the backfoot from the very start and has also left the track too far away and with a few basic issues. You haven't used the shape of the map well enough to fit the track, I had a very quick go at the shape to explain how I would have maybe done it (width 23px) but even this doesnt fit the pitlane in well, something you clearly had trouble with, so I would have had to have a play around first.

however i had a look at some images of the track, and otherwise it isnt too bad, your best so far for sure (/Felipe Massa mode) and you certainly noticed a number of details in terms of object placement, although some areas don't really match the same characteristics I've seen in photos, although this is partly related back again to how you placed the track :2c:

I know it read as a pretty negative comment, but I hope you take this as constructive for your future tracks :bg:
Attachments
batangas.jpg
Areen

Post by Areen »

Weak track like Nivelles, which means... no progress. Try to spend more time at it...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Areen wrote:Weak track like Nivelles, which means... no progress. Try to spend more time at it...
I think opposite. This seems to be clearer - with a style. On other hand I agree with BBA about the placing of the layout. There's too much space unused for racing on the map. :)
resir014

Post by resir014 »

One more thing. Please don't put too many red soft walls throughout the track. It hurts the eyes, and doesn't seem realistic at all. :shrug:

I suggest using hay bales, putting them infront of the concrete wall, as a substitute to the tyre barriers. :)

This also proves once again that patience is one of the important keys to create an astounding track. :P If you didn't move the release date forward, I'm sure it could come out better. :)

6.75/10 :bg:

P.S.: There's a boat on the road? :lol:
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Alex

Post by Alex »

resir014 wrote:
P.S.: There's a boat on the road? :lol:
It's a double sided boat aka traffic car. It's a trick people started using years ago to make limousines and stuff.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh and BBA, could i use that Lmap you've made for a V2.0?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And Areen, all you've basically written is "your track sucks lololololololo" only in a different language. I mean, no constructive criticism whatsoever. Maybe a few words about it but not much. It's not like I ever completely discarded any of your tracks, hell, they're nice so it's no surprise you got a ToM. So why such harsh words man? :shrug:
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

you can use it, although i would suggest you use it as a guide rather than build straight upon it, as its uneven, not smooth, and slightly inaccurate, with no room for pits. Snakeditor is your friend at this point ;)

also another point I noticed later, you placed walls around the entire edge of one side of the track, whereas the walls can be seen quite far from the trackside in places, use onboard videos to help figure out where walls are if you cannot see them clearly in photos :up:
Primeracer

Post by Primeracer »

Ivo Porč wrote:
Areen wrote:Weak track like Nivelles, which means... no progress. Try to spend more time at it...
I think opposite. This seems to be clearer - with a style. On other hand I agree with BBA about the placing of the layout. There's too much space unused for racing on the map. :)

Agreed... it reallty has a style. Well may thing could be more detailed and can recieve more work on it. About the room used, i can agree with BBA and Ivo as well.
Try other tracks by myself: Agrestina -Tristar - Petra