The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Martyn

Re: The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Post by Martyn »

S. Manzur wrote:Sao Paulo FC goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni turned this Sunday on the first GK on the world to score 100 goals.
98, friendlies don't count
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

If Flamengo won Vasco next Monday will break some kind of record: 5 titles in 4 months.(if won Brazilian Kia Cup, 6 in 6 months)
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

The MNZ wrote:If Flamengo won Vasco next Monday will break some kind of record: 5 titles in 4 months.(if won Brazilian Kia Cup, 6 in 6 months)
Remember that game of Flamengo vs. Horizonte (a city of my state) some days ago? I was laughing the whole match, due to the terrible grass of the Estádio Domingão. :rofl:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Thunderstrucker wrote:
The MNZ wrote:If Flamengo won Vasco next Monday will break some kind of record: 5 titles in 4 months.(if won Brazilian Kia Cup, 6 in 6 months)
Remember that game of Flamengo vs. Horizonte (a city of my state) some days ago? I was laughing the whole match, due to the terrible grass of the Estádio Domingão. :rofl:
Talking about stadiums, Engenhão was a total shame. Two lightbreaks in 2 games in a row, being one the "Fla-Flu"* monday.
Fla-Flu is considered the brazilian biggest classic game, tied with Millions Classic.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I'm starting to get sick of referees being biased against Birmingham. -.-
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

And what should guys from Arsenal and Tottenham tell? :rofl:
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 TITLES IN 4 MONTHS-GOING TO WON BRAZILIAN 2011! TRIPLE CROWN WILL BE OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No one will beat us.
:goal:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Today, Flavio Briatore has learned that he may not be able to cheat in Formula One, but he's allowed to do whatever he wants to do in football.

In the English game, 3rd party ownership of players is illegal. Alejandro Faurlin had been playing for Queens Park Rangers while being owned by a 3rd party management company. This should have carried a penalty of an 18 point deduction, which would have giver Norwich City the title, but crucially would have also promoted Welsh club Swansea City to the Premier League. The FA make no secret of their dislike for the Welsh clubs, previously stating that when Cardiff City were in the FA Cup Final that they would not allow them into the Europa League if they won the tournament because they were Welsh.

Today Queens Park Rangers, one of the world's 10 richest clubs, were fined a mere £875,000 for commiting the same offence that cost West Ham United over £25million and could potentially cost Swansea City £65million should they lose in the play-offs.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

The MNZ wrote:CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 TITLES IN 4 MONTHS-GOING TO WON BRAZILIAN 2011! TRIPLE CROWN WILL BE OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No one will beat us.
Our Ceará took you down! :mwahaha:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Martyn. Where do you get the 18 point deduction from. afaik, Luton were in similar trouble over something and were deducted 10 points. West Ham and Tevez affair, which had 3rd party ownership involved, they were fined. QPR have been the best team in the Championship this year and fully deserve to go up :2c:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I was told it would be 18, 10 for the Unlicenced agent and I cannot remember what the other 8 was for.

I am not saying I think they should get the deduction, just that it is what they APPARENTLY avoided in todays hearing. But as I said, the BUSINESS side of the club deserves a far greater punishment than the one they have received. Swansea City could potentially lose out on a lot of money, just like Sheffield United, and should receive some sort of compensation.

If I'm being honest I don't want to see Swansea in the premier league, It's hard enough supporting Charlton here now lol
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

You can't blame the FA for not wanting Swansea or Cardiff in the Premier League: after all, they're playing their football in the wrong country. :rofl:
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Thunderstrucker wrote:
The MNZ wrote:CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No one will beat us.
Our Ceará took you down! :mwahaha:
Interesting, taking "macumba" on your own team... But remember two things:
1-We have a return game
2-Palmeiras suffered a bigger frstration. :rofl:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Lukeno94 wrote:You can't blame the FA for not wanting Swansea or Cardiff in the Premier League: after all, they're playing their football in the wrong country. :rofl:
Why not allow Welsh clubs in, when they allow dodgy foreign run clubs with financial problems into europe
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I take offence at that. And besides, most of the European clubs are in debt anyway.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

And that is purely because of the salaries that have gone WAAAY over proportions.

BTW, winning 5 championships in 4 months just means there are too many championships going on. :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

1nsane wrote:BTW, winning 5 championships in 4 months just means there are too many championships going on. :D
Are only three championship running on first year half on Brazil.
-São Paulo Junior Football Tournament: Our sub-18 national championship. Flamengo won it.
-State tournaments: each brazilian state has his own. On Rio, it's splited in Guanabara Cup and Rio de Janeiro Cup. If a team won one of them it goes to the championship final. If won the two, he's automatically champion(case of Flamengo, 3 titles in one)
-Brazilian Kia Cup: our national cup. The champion goes to Libertadores(the south-american UCL with some Mexican intruders). In progress.

The another title was a old tribunal battle with Sport Recife. On 1987, CBF can't organize a Brazilian Championship, so another organization called 13 Teams Association runned the Union Cup, the year's Brazilian National. But, halfway the compo, CBF altered the rules forcing 1st division champion(again CR Flamengo) to make a game against 2nd division champion(Sport Recife) to decide the national champion(same thing to define 2nd place, SC Internacional[yes, the same who lost to Mazembe] was forced to play against Guarani). Obviously, Flamengo and Intenacional don't accepted this decision and refused to play. So CBF was the only one to don't recognize the 1987 title to Flamengo, at January of this year.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Lukeno94 wrote:I take offence at that. And besides, most of the European clubs are in debt anyway.
you take offence at me refering to your clubs debt after you made a point of refering to my nationality???
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I made no such comment about your nationality, merely stating the obvious fact that the English FA are always going to be prejudiced against Welsh clubs. Personally I think a Super League should be formed, with teams like Chelsea and co in, with Rangers/Celtic also in, and the team who comes last has a playoff with the winner of the "normal" premier league, but that's a probably unworkable solution, even if Scottish football would get less predictable. :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

BTW I haven't understood reasons for this - why Welsh clubs can enter Premier league (at least theoretically), but Scottish Rangers and Celtic no way? :frying pan:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

There have been 6 Welsh teams in the English system since before there was a Welsh league, there used to be more but only Swansea City, Cardiff City, Wrexham, Newport County, Colwyn bay and Merthyr Tudfil are still there
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Trigger Happy wrote:BTW I haven't understood reasons for this - why Welsh clubs can enter Premier league (at least theoretically), but Scottish Rangers and Celtic no way? :frying pan:
I don't think anyone wants Rangers and Celtic in their league!
I like short, simple signatures!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I knew of the first four, not of the other two - those are so low down it'd be better for them to play in Wales :D
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Colwyn Bay have just beaten FC United of Manchester to be promoted to the Conference North
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

The Noose wrote:Once Generallyer, always Generallyer. ;)