ToM discussions thread

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Quklis

Re: ToM discussions thread

Post by Quklis »

Sooner is better ;)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Quklis wrote:Sooner is better ;)
:iagree: , specially since February will end very soon and annual elections haven't still been done :bg:
Raska

Post by Raska »

No answer from Lukeno1... we'll not wait more. It's of course allowed to vote for a particular stage of the pack but no stage is nominated.
Quklis wrote:Sooner is better ;)
It's better if we want quick result or take back our lateness but we want to have at least 20 voters as the last votation and for that we need time IMO.
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Eh, I answered Ivo via PM.
Raska

Post by Raska »

Yes but you didn't specified a stage or couldn't do it... so we'll not nominate all the 14 stages. :shrug:

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

It's there a pack of year thing anyway for the packs?
Raska

Post by Raska »

The Great Falcon wrote:It's there a pack of year thing anyway for the packs?
There will be a ToY election runned by GeorgM... but for the PoY it has to be discussed as we should search/found the eligible's packs and we haven't RSC as a basis anymore.. Maybe we could make a PoY nomination thread... :scratch:

Competitions I've won :

GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

Yes, I will run ToY after my exams, that will be around middle of march.

And yes, I fear that there won't be a PoY, as the packs of 2009 are lost, aren't they? At least officially.
On the other hand, we can make a nomination thread and collect all the nominated packs after the nomination period. It's some work, and it's the question how much you guys want a PoY? Put your discussion here! :)
IMHO one aspect is that there could be forgotten packs, so it might be unfair. But well, who forgets a really good pack? :shrug: I guess it's up to you, guys.
Raska

Post by Raska »

Just a little announce.. The ToM site have moved ! :arrow: http://tom.gene-rally.com/index.php Thanks to GeorgM and Crono. :hattip:

Update your bookmarks. ;)

Competitions I've won :

GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

Everything seems to work now. Login, and everything else.

Time to celebrate!! :champa: :roses:
Omg, did I say that?
Seriously, big thanks to Crono who makes this "new life" possible!! :bg:
Raska wrote:Update your bookmarks. ;)
Yes, I can just twice that! We have to think, where are important links. On Wikipedia, for example.

Well, if there are any links, like the one to the results of ToM december, you will get forwarded to the correct page.

Stay tuned!
Georg
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

BTW about the website: When I visit it with Chrome, I get somekind of huge space between the header and the main content... In fact, It's about the height of the menu... Are you valid W3 or is Chrome just dump? :twisted: :ugeek:
Hangman

Post by Hangman »

The Great Falcon wrote:BTW about the website: When I visit it with Chrome, I get somekind of huge space between the header and the main content... In fact, It's about the height of the menu... Are you valid W3 or is Chrome just dump? :twisted: :ugeek:
Same thing happens to me with some pages like home and past results.

And the other thing, I will vote in ToM when it's possible to just log in and check boxes.
Rampage.
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

The Great Falcon wrote:BTW about the website: When I visit it with Chrome, I get somekind of huge space between the header and the main content... In fact, It's about the height of the menu... Are you valid W3 or is Chrome just dump? :twisted: :ugeek:
Oh, that's a layout problem, and a layout upgrade will fix it. I'll do it when I have time. Thanks for the hint :)

And yes, website voting is on my Todo list. :up:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

GeorgM wrote:
Oh, that's a layout problem, and a layout upgrade will fix it. I'll do it when I have time. Thanks for the hint :)
I don't actually know what you're using for the style but if it's *simple* CSS, I suggest you could float that menu out... If it isn't already done... I do, and yet, it may look easy, but it's actually a good method which is BTW, W3 valid... Even if it doesn't bring much to the life of about anyone... :scratch:
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

@TGF: I'm using the CSS framework yaml as it's hard to get a multi-column layout yourself working on every browser. Well, as I'm still using an older version (2.5.2) it doesn't work on Chrome yet. As I don't want to hack yaml, and updrading takes some time, I postpone this job, sorry about that.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

just to get back onto a previous topic, i would like very much to see a PoY nomination thread as im sure that as a group we can all recall the packs most likely to achieve votes for this :up:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Search function on ToM site would be great, as TlN said in track request thread, searching for the tracks there is tedious :)
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

AleksiNir wrote:Search function on ToM site would be great, as TlN said in track request thread, searching for the tracks there is tedious :)
Did I ? :D

Yes, a search function would really be nice, but the problem for new users is that they don't know the names of older, good tracks.
I rather think starting something like the track-database again would be better, since NOT all good tracks make it into the ToM.
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

Oh, nice idea. Of course a track database would be great, but I can implement the search function nevertheless, I made a note of it.
ianfreddie07

The ToM of August 2009

Post by ianfreddie07 »

I wonder why the trackpack is still unavailable?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Topic merged with proper ToM discussion topic. ;)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

When is March 2010 voting period? :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

After end of month are always one or two days for waiting for late nominations, then the election is officially started (when nominees page is ready).
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

The August 2009 trackpack is now online. We needed some time to find the tracks of the pack.

Now about Track of the Year - IMO the show must go on! But should we make a PoY election? The problem is, we have no reference (RSC) of the trackpacks, so we have to make a list, which will be quite some work... And if we make a PoY, we have also to wait with ToY, as IMO we should make ToY and PoY at the same time... BBA is the only one who said that he wants a PoY nominee thread. Should we just try what happens?

Another important thing, which Ivo told to me, is: (cite)
I think we should change rules of elections. If we have less then 16 nominees we should have 3 votes (max. votes for about 1/5 of number of nominees), up to number of 16 nominees to have 5 votes (which was created, when nominees regularly had around or over 25 nominees (5 votes is about 1/5 of nominees). I think that it would not be problem or confusion, only nominees page would have always warning, how much votes is available in particular election (now is there a warning about 5 votes anyway.). :2c:

Well, then we will have a problem with the statistics, as we've splitted to 3-votes and 5-votes. We have to find a good solution there. :sherlock:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

thanks for those :tom: trackpacks :heyea: