[rwl] [cir] Symmons Plains Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Symmons Plains Raceway

Post by Black Rebel »

Hi there,

* EDITED FOR NEW UPDATE!

I have uploaded a very updated version of my Symmons Plains circuit, updating it to the current GR features and updating aswell some parts of the circuit to the real one (dithering, adverts, parked cars, trucks, motorhomes, flags, cranes, and a looong etc.) So as you will notice a lot has changed on the LMAP and it took several time.

I have added too the second layout of the circuit with the other chicane version, wich is way closed and slower.

I am considering updating some other circuits with the time (...as Donington Park ;) ), but have started with Symmons Plains as it is one of my favourite circuits ever.

Hope you enjoy it. Please share your thoughts. :bg:
Attachments
Symmons.jpg
Symmons.zip
(129.71 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Last edited by Black Rebel on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Alex

Re: [rwl] [cir] Symmons Plains Raceway

Post by Alex »

:wow: I am absolutely astonished with this track Black Rebel! The 3d effect on those walls are spot on. :bg: I have nominated it for ToM! 10/10 :up:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

please can you upload a rwl photo, so we can compare :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

The cars on right looks inclinated. But 9/10 anyway.
And thanks to gimme help to finish my RWL.
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

Black Rebel wrote:(...as Donington Park ;) )
:D

I like the atmosphere and those banner walls at the hairpin - superb work! And the Hmap is really nice and smooth - no nasty surprises and not exactly challenging, but definetly supporting the immersion. I could almost hear Murray Walker say "He's now racing down to the hairpin and he's got the inside line! And Tonga goes through, Tonga takes the lead in lap fifteen!"... :D

Very nice work, I'm really looking forward to your next masterpieces - great to have you back! :)
/ / / Team Honda Racing / / /

Cheers,
Tonga
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Tonga wrote:I like the atmosphere and those banner walls at the hairpin - superb work! And the Hmap is really nice and smooth - no nasty surprises and not exactly challenging, but definetly supporting the immersion. I could almost hear Murray Walker say "He's now racing down to the hairpin and he's got the inside line! And Tonga goes through, Tonga takes the lead in lap fifteen!"... :D

Very nice work, I'm really looking forward to your next masterpieces - great to have you back! :)
Can I nominate this for COM (Comment of the Month)? :bg: I have never been gone, but have been a bit "off".

Thanks a lot for your words guys. Glad you like the improvements.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

All these billboards are just awesome! And I also really like the fact that the buses seem to be higher than the cars. What I just think is quite strange, that there are thousands of people on the right part of the track, and on the other side there's nearly no one ;)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Nice, but do you have gr 1.10?
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Have you looked at the track at all, or what he wrote? :rofl:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I like what you've done Black Rebel :) The billboards look spot on for Symmons Plains. Just wish there would really be that many people there :rofl:
View my archived circuits/cars here
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I like it all out of the lmap cars - they are done in same perspective, but they are placed on so big area, that the one perspective doesn't work at all - e.g. the trucks behind paddock are completely off - as you can see on paddock building, they would be visible from top, the visible part of their fronts should be much less visible. The perspective needs to be tuned to various places of the map to work properly - object in bottom left has completely sides visible than second object of same type in top right - lmap objects need to reflect it too. :shrug:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Crowella wrote:I like what you've done Black Rebel :) The billboards look spot on for Symmons Plains. Just wish there would really be that many people there :rofl:
Thanks Adam! Look it looks really crowded in here:
Symmons-Plains.jpg
Trigger Happy wrote:I like it all out of the lmap cars - they are done in same perspective, but they are placed on so big area, that the one perspective doesn't work at all - e.g. the trucks behind paddock are completely off - as you can see on paddock building, they would be visible from top, the visible part of their fronts should be much less visible. The perspective needs to be tuned to various places of the map to work properly - object in bottom left has completely sides visible than second object of same type in top right - lmap objects need to reflect it too. :shrug:
You are totally right, I just had no more time to make them fit the perspective one by one, but if I find some spare hours I will try to re-adjust it.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Trigger Happy wrote: The perspective needs to be tuned to various places of the map to work properly
Sorry for posting in such an old thread, but I have updated the circuit and posted it in first post.