[rwl] [cir] Barber Motorsports Park

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Barber Motorsports Park

Post by Black Rebel »

Hello guys,

here I am again releasing this time BARBER MOTORSPORTS PARK. I am very proud and happy happy with al the LMAP details and work, but I am specially happy with the HMAP, as it is quite smoth but accurated same time to the real Barber roller coaster. I would dare to say it is my best circuit ever. If you are not quite busy, look for the track at google maps and compare, I think you will be surprised with the detail and accuracy I recreated the whole circuit.

I included two layouts in the current ZIP, short and long, this time I will not release the shortest layout as I see no use in doing it.

Hope you enjoy and post your comments! :bg:
Barber Motorsports Park (2 layouts).zip
(107.16 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
BARBER-SHORT.jpg
BARBER.jpg
*** POST UPDATED WITH 2 LAYOUTS!
Last edited by Black Rebel on Mon May 02, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Barber Motorsports Park

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congrats, that's really exceptional. IMHO it's even one level above your other latests efforts. :bg: After playing I miss just one minor thing - few more sunk tyres in middle and final sections of the layout.

BTW I'm very pleased by the choice, I missed really decent Barber Park in my collection. :goodvibes:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Thank you very much for your words. I always use to work on non released circuits, or circuits in need of a better version (always under my POV of course). I am really glad you appreciate the effort.

As I am still working on the other layouts I will try to add that extra sunk tyres on that parts aswell.
Black Rebel wrote: would like to be nominated for April´s TOM (someone has to nominate me! :mrgreen:) ...
Nobody? :D
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's just so amazing how you manage to make the tracks so lively. This is something I'd dare to day no one else does as well as you do. There are just so many small details around the track making this look like it was a real aerial image. Great, great job!
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

1nsane wrote:It's just so amazing how you manage to make the tracks so lively. This is something I'd dare to day no one else does as well as you do. There are just so many small details around the track making this look like it was a real aerial image. Great, great job!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :bg: It is really great to read comments such as yours. Really glad you enjoy the circuits.

I have just updated the first post including th second layout. Enjoy!
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

Wow.... You already really set the bar some several inches higher with your last track "updates" (let's rather call them "upgrades"), but I have to agree, Barber MP so far indeed seems to be your best track. The Hmap is very well done and if I now started to talk about the Lmap I probably wouldn't have finished by tomorrow. 1nsane already described in very precise words what makes this one and all the others very special.
However the thing that keeps me racing on your tracks over and over again is not just the Lmap and all the detail but the fact that it is real fun to experiment on these realistic race tracks like Barber. I keep trying different lines through the corners all the time, trying to optimize my line and to gain tenth after tenth until the lap time is reduced by another second. It's like squeezing an orange for the very last drops of fresh orange juice - and nothing beats freshly made orange juice. :bg:
/ / / Team Honda Racing / / /

Cheers,
Tonga
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Tonga wrote: It's like squeezing an orange for the very last drops of fresh orange juice - and nothing beats freshly made orange juice. :bg:
Ahahaha! I agree, nothng beats an orange juice! :bg: Thanks a lot for your words!
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

As always: fantastic job! Played and dAproved!
Bruno Asp
Velocidade na alma/ Speed in the soul/ Velocidad en el Alma
All my tracks: http://www.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=645
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Thanks Bruno! :)
pepsibottle1

Post by pepsibottle1 »

Nailed it. TOTM quality.

- doubled posts simplified - edited by Herbal -
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

One of the most fantastic tracks from rFactor is now in GR, awesome!!!
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Thanks a lot ofr your posts guys, glad you like it. It is not rFactor quality ( :D ) but good enough to GR I think.
xyverz

Post by xyverz »

Wow, great work! Thanks for this one. It's one of my favorite US tracks, and you have done an awesome job of it. =)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

xyzverz, please don't post in topics where the last post dates back more than a month, unless you have something important to say. It confuses other users (because they think it's a new topic :D ).