[solved] no "game speed" advanced option in 1.10 ?

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
hertzaka

[solved] no "game speed" advanced option in 1.10 ?

Post by hertzaka »

hello everyone !

I'm a freshly registered french user of GR. I usually use an old version to play with friends in a F1 mode with some specific settings in various menus. We used to play with GR version 1.05 with a game speed of 89%.
I changed my hardware some time ago, and now i need to play in a better resolution (1680x1050). I downloaded the 1.10 version of the game, wich works perfectly but there is one problem : i can't find the "game speed" option anymore in the advanced menu.
Did I do something wrong ? is there a way to make it back ?

Sorry if the response is obvious, i spent some time searching the forum, but it seems that no one reported this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Hertzaka
Last edited by hertzaka on Tue May 10, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: no "game speed" advanced option in 1.10 ?

Post by TuomoH »

No one reported it because it was announced when 1.10 was released. In other words, it's missing on purpose, to make cheating in competitions harder.
hertzaka

Re: no "game speed" advanced option in 1.10 ?

Post by hertzaka »

Oh ok thanks for your quick response :)
I realized that i misreaded the changelog, i just checked the 1.10b, and not the 1.10 ... my mistake, sorry for this noobish question.

I imagine we'll have to modify the car settings to balance this.

Too bad i can't change the resolution settings in 1.05 to fit my tv screen, I tried a lot of things described in this forum but no one worked.

thanks again and apologizes for my bad reading of changelog :)
justbasicpainting

Re: [solved] no "game speed" advanced option in 1.10 ?

Post by justbasicpainting »

So did you find a way to slow the cars down?? I have an older version in an old CD that has the slider with the higher screen res but I cant find it. I downloaded all the versions of GR and NONE!!! of them have both the speed slider and the higher res. I guess this was done on purpose for what ever reason!!!!
kuba

Post by kuba »

The reason was to make cheating in competitions harder (you know it if you read this topic from the beginning) and everybody were happy of the change.

You can always edit cars and lower theirs performance values if you really have to make them slower, but why won't you drive them with normal speed?
justbasicpainting

Post by justbasicpainting »

Because I like them slower, its more intense and the driving is more controllable in my opinion. I make Dirt Track Oval racing tracks and making them drive slower is more real to life although be it odd. When there going so fast all you do is bounce off walls and stuff, not much strategy in bouncing off walls. I only race AI cars for fun but now they go way to fast it's not really the same to me. Either way thanks for the reply!!!! Why have all the old versions been changed and dont include the Speed Bar and Res change in the same version. I am sure there are many who agree with me, so why not have 2 versions?? Its not like it cost to much to release a version with both the Speed Bar and the ability to change the Res for better graphics? Sounds like something EA would do lolol aka Need for Speed series with No Instant Replays any more, how lame is that!!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If a car is too fast for you right now, you can pick up a slower one. Easy, isn't it? :)

And it's a much more valuable approach than a slowing in-game-time down to receive extra time for reactions, anyway.

BTW More exclamation and interrogation marks won't make your points more valid. ;)