How did you find generally?

General discussion about your experience with the game.
zorkzedork

How did you find generally?

Post by zorkzedork »

Yeah I'm just wandering how all of the GR community found out about Generally, I mean what are the chances you'd search generally in google, and I haven't seen much advertising...

I found it as it came in a CD free with a magazine that had a few trial demos for games and a couple of freeware games and Generally was one of the only good ones on the disc.

What about you?
2+2=$
bduddy

Re: How did you find generally?

Post by bduddy »

There used to be a GeneRally forum on the big simracing forum RaceSimCentral - I found it there.
I like short, simple signatures!
Alex

Post by Alex »

I believe i found it on the Rigs of Rods forums back in late 2007 when someone made a replica of one of its' tracks. But i don't know for sure.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

searching in google for car games for more than 2 players :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I found it on RSC as well whilst rolling through all the subforums. :D
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

My story begins in 2005 when I found 1.01 at one old CD with freeware games. It caught my interest and I was playing it for few months :). I used to play it a lot with my brother (SpL), we even created some "mods" like football game 1 on 1 (with onwheeler ball bot and two trucks for us:D ) or hockey with simmilar stuff.

Then in 2006 (or 2007 :D) I found forum at RSC and 1.05. I used to download lots of tracks every week when I had IT at my school :D. Finally I tried to upload my track in early 2008 at RSC but something went wrong and the thread disappeared or just wasn´t post properly :shrug:. So at the end of 2008 I uploaded my first track, snowy rally. And since then I continued to make rallies :D, because I just like them :rally:
Last edited by Mad Dan on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I played GR at my friend like 100 years ago (2002-03 ?), and many times later too, and then when I got internet connection to my own computer in 2005, pretty much the first thing I did, was downloading GR :flip:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

In 2002 I was in the hunt for games to play at Home of the Underdogs when I ran into GeneRally 1.0, followed the link to the homepage and downloaded it. I stopped frequenting HotU after that and started first lurking, then posting at the first official GR forums before RSC. :D
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

2004 or something I had downloaded lots of free computer games. :gr: , Boona Racer, Becher Race and another I don't remember.
When I tidied up my computer in 2007, I deleted the others and kept GR.
At that time I was doing many crappy tracks with my friend, all TE-Only, representing every country of europe (take a look at the spoiler or better don't take :mrgreen: , I uploaded the pic at PGR)
I also made some other crappy tracks in early times. But I guess it's not the place for discussion here ;)
OlafK

Post by OlafK »

I've found 1.03 on CD with other crappy racing game, and immediately liked it. Then I've found 1.05 on some other CD.
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Qurpiz »

Been around since I don't know, 2002?

I guess I saw people talking about it in some forums.
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

I found generally about 5 years ago, in a CD with lots of free games and demos. I immediately liked the game and that time I used to google to try to find tracks, and at first I discovered ToM website. From there I got linked to RSC, but I had no idea how that worked, so that didn't call my attention.

But one day the download was redirecting me to the forum everytime and asking me for login infos, and I decided to register, and then sometime later I decided to release two tracks from the almost 60 I made using only TE and some very basic editing with paint (it was november 2009 I think). I remember Ivo was the first to comment and he motivated me a lot by saying that those tracks were the best with basic editing he saw last months :D and I started to improve my trackmaking skills. But with time I started to lose motivation for that and began to focus on competitions, first Atlantic Championship, then NBR season 2, and here I am today :bg:
ECOlogic Racing Team
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

OlafK wrote:I've found 1.03 on CD with other crappy racing game, and immediately liked it. Then I've found 1.05 on some other CD.
Same here. :hide:
Buka

Post by Buka »

My brother Oleksa showed it to me and Pava when he came on vacations from university. And I still have that CD with some old and mostly crappy tracks. I think it was in early 2003.
dfdgfg

Post by dfdgfg »

searchin da net 4 game
generally is da meanest game eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :goodvibes: :cool2: :cool2:
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Mine is an almost identical story to TuomoH's, except it was later, like 2003 or 4, I don't remember. I am a great fan of free/indie games and I'm always in a hunt for them. It took some more time to find the forum and when I saw the tracks/cars made by the community, it was like stargate opening to a new universe! I had no net and I was just reading (and a bit of non-login racing) for a long time, until RSC died.
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

I was bored, so was looking on the internet for freeware games. stumbled across generally 1.03. had a Google for other stuff, found RSC, downloaded a new track (Suzuka by David Garcia i believe), the rest is history...
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

dfdgfg wrote:searchin da net 4 game
generally is da meanest game eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :goodvibes: :cool2: :cool2:
please use propper language, some of the people in this forum (like me) aren't english, so it might be difficult to understand you
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

dfdgfg wrote:searchin da net 4 game
generally is da meanest game eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And try to calm down with using the smilies and exclamation marks a bit, please. ;)
akouk

Post by akouk »

It was featured in a freeware games cdrom in early 2004. I liked it because it reminded me of another similar ps1 racing game where you could lay bombs & staff like that to your opponent. I found the RSC forum immediatetly and that (theGR community) (was) is what I like the most.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Once found a Dos games site, Home of the underdogs (im sure it has been mentioned before somewhere in the entire forum) and there i went looking for games. Altough GR isnt a dos game, it was on that site. I downloaded it.
Thats how i found GR.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
resir014

Post by resir014 »

The RaceDepartment.com forums once created a temporary section for this game when RSC went down. Then I found this forum and I officially joined the GR community. :D
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
ACM

Post by ACM »

http://www.wormhole.tauniverse.com/grmk64.html

That was my first ever sight of GeneRally, at the beginning of February 2003. At the time I was looking for Total Annihilation stuff.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

In 2002 or 2003 I found the game in either one of the Mikrobitti's CDs or it was a game of the day on mbnet. I started playing it and in 2003 I checked the internet for some new tracks. Then I found the track database and through that RSC where I first lurked for a while before joining in. I guess it was in 2004 when I actually did register on the forums.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

In late 2002 I found GR on a CD included in German videogames magazine "Screenfun". It was never removed from my HDD - and that computer is still working. If I had counted all those hours of playing, it would have easily been ahead of GTA, PES, Cycling Managers or any other racing game I've ever played.
I have been following German and international forums since around 2004 due to Tokio's brilliant work on rwl-tracks.
Finally I dared to register in 2009.