[tou] Honda CRX VTi by Lukeno1

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

[tou] Honda CRX VTi by Lukeno1

Post by Lukeno94 »

I do hope this is an accurate model! :D Also, it was about time I made a new car! :D
Attachments
Honda CRX.rar
(914 Bytes) Downloaded 245 times
Honda CRX.png
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Honda CRX VTi by Lukeno1

Post by Lukeno94 »

2 downloads, no comments *sigh* That's really quite upsetting, basically getting ignored.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Honestly, I think that all of your cars look about the same. They all have about same kind of lights and windows. Well there is differences, but it's kind of hard to distinguish. Only bodywork has some variations. So I don't see that anyone that has downloaded your earlier car should download this.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Well, I miss a bit the grid as in the picture and you should really put triangle lights: Looks more sport and fits better this car's style... :bg: You may also consider using spare things to make mirrors... :)
Attachments
Honda_CRX_VTi-T_Queeez.jpg
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

But Luke did first generation of the CRX, I believe. ;)
Attachments
honda_crx_hf_white_1988_2.jpg
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ivo Porc wrote:But Luke did first generation of the CRX, I believe. ;)
I blame Google for inducing me in error... :D the one I shown looks far better though :P
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

But if he did the first version then IMO the car looks to similar like a sedan and not a coupe :?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Quklis wrote:Honestly, I think that all of your cars look about the same. They all have about same kind of lights and windows. Well there is differences, but it's kind of hard to distinguish. Only bodywork has some variations. So I don't see that anyone that has downloaded your earlier car should download this.
I take offence at all my cars looking the same. Yes, some look similar, but there is only so much you can do with 40 polygons. It does not look the same as a previous car, and you have clearly ignored the rear tail bit which is different to other cars...
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Lukeno1 wrote:you have clearly ignored the rear tail bit which is different to other cars...
Wow, the car surely looks like whole different machine with that!

Well I did not mean that this and your prototypes look the same, just that you have released quite same looking cars before.

Why am I even doing this..
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

now i must admit i pretty much never download cars anymore as most of the stuff i have is how i want to play GR. The way i see it is that you make a lot of fairly standard looking road cars (i mean the real ones are standard) so in that sense as many of the cars look relatively similar in real life, trying to replicate them in GR Scale is going to make them all pretty similar...

and also how many people have said while playing GR 'man, i wish i had a Honda CRX VTi to race with'... so perhaps you should create just a pack when you want to make cars like this :2c:

and basically, I think Fechna said it right on your prototype thread:
Fechna wrote:Well, no replies, that due to the fact that not many people download cars, especially when they are fictional. I know it. I tried. And only my "Class of ´76" got any real attention.

If you want comments and attention (like I do!) you should ask yourself what people might be interested in. A F1 Pack or similar is always a good way to go. I always ask myself: There are a lot cars out there, why should people prefer mine?

And try harder on the technical stuff. It´s not so hard, especially when you just have One car in the pack...
and sorry, just to comment on the car, compare the roof of the car in Ivo's picture (i assume that is the version its based upon) to your GR model's roof...
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Looking at the model again, I have indeed made a pigs ear of that roofline. :( What's really dumb is that I even used that picture to make it :(
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Bouncebackability wrote:[...] so in that sense as many of the cars look relatively similar in real life, trying to replicate them in GR Scale is going to make them all pretty similar...
Have you checked out some real cars like Me-Tan's, Fechna's or Ms...'s? These cars, even from the same author don't look the same at all... Similar style but no way that you'll see a Subaru looking like a Kia... Only if the guy is a bad modeler :D
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

The Great Falcon wrote: Have you checked out some real cars like Me-Tan's, Fechna's or Ms...'s? These cars, even from the same author don't look the same at all... Similar style but no way that you'll see a Subaru looking like a Kia... Only if the guy is a bad modeler :D
i think your really missing my point TGF...

if were going to be pedantic, you obviously cant compare e.g a Kia Picanto to a Subaru Legacy Estate. but what about GR versions of a Kia Borrego and a Subaru Forester... a few polys may be slightly different, but it isnt going to make much differece, theyre going to look pretty similar...
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Bouncebackability wrote:
The Great Falcon wrote: Have you checked out some real cars like Me-Tan's, Fechna's or Ms...'s? These cars, even from the same author don't look the same at all... Similar style but no way that you'll see a Subaru looking like a Kia... Only if the guy is a bad modeler :D
i think your really missing my point TGF...

if were going to be pedantic, you obviously cant compare e.g a Kia Picanto to a Subaru Legacy Estate. but what about GR versions of a Kia Borrego and a Subaru Forester... a few polys may be slightly different, but it isnt going to make much differece, theyre going to look pretty similar...
The borrego is actually longer and the hood is shorter than Forester's... It's also higher... The grid is different and on the borrego, the lights aren't right next to the grip like the Forester's ones... Difference will show up also in performances if these are realistic... :sherlock:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The Great Falcon wrote:The borrego is actually longer and the hood is shorter than Forester's... It's also higher... The grid is different and on the borrego, the lights aren't right next to the grip like the Forester's ones... Difference will show up also in performances if these are realistic... :sherlock:
:doh: Do you think, that you will differ them on a track WS+175?

Problem of this car surely is not shape of roof. Checking, if the car is 100% precise copy in TE is useless, because in game you never notice so small detail. More is impression, especially of front, which must remind clearly the indented original car. Small problem of this car is lack of details like brand on front or hole in bumper and too so civic color scheme IMHO. That can be the reason of impression of repeating of something too.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ivo Porc wrote::doh: Do you think, that you will differ them on a track WS+175?.
Depends on the zoom :rofl: :D
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Not really, you don't make tracks in the middle at WS 175...
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Lukeno1 wrote:Not really, you don't make tracks in the middle at WS 175...
lol ever heard of Full Screen Rally
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion