[rwl] [tpk] [ovl] [cir] NASCAR tracks

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
chicken

[rwl] [tpk] [ovl] [cir] NASCAR tracks

Post by chicken »

I just finished making some NASCAR tracks, taking me a couple of hours (because of failed attempts to make banks). I might make more.
  • THE TRACKS I MADE

Bristol Motor Speedway

Daytona Int'l Speedway

Indiapolis Motor Speedway

Road America
EDIT: this was a lazy job
Attachments
Indiapolis.jpg
Road America.jpg
Daytona.jpg
Bristol.jpg
NASCAR tracks.zip
(23.87 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Last edited by chicken on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Need someone to help with making Pikes Peak Hill Climb Hmap.
process making GT2 rally tracks
1.retrieve map,scenery,checkpoints.2.post pic of map on WIP topic.3.Build tracks.4.test tracks.5.UPLOAD!
programs to be used:ePSXe 1.7.0 (check), 24 hr download of GT2 arcade .iso (check), paint/paint.net/GIMP (check/x/check), track editor (check), generally (check).btw, i have my own PSX.I would post in tiny, but thats too tiny
Alex

Re: NASCAR tracks

Post by Alex »

Any screenshots? I might download them if you show me what they look like first.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Paw

Re: NASCAR tracks

Post by Paw »

Please add tags to the subject of your thread. You can find the rules here. Also remember to leave spaces between tags and the thread name.

You should also add screenshots. You can take them using F11 or F12 ingame. Then you can upload them just like you did with the zip. More info is in the same link as above.
Alex

Re: [RWL] [TPK] [OVL] [CIR] NASCAR tracks

Post by Alex »

Ok, uh, WTF have you done here? You've put your name in gravel on some of the tracks, you made the tracks completely in TrackEditor so the roads are all wonky, there are barely any objects and the walls are not even with each other (use the zoom 4x tool, that's what it's for ;) ) and there is no dithering so it's all grass. You should read some tutorials, make your tracks in external editors and reveal screenshots in the WIP thread to see if you can improve it. And BTW banking is dead easy, Rich Nagel made a tutorial a while back.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Please create better tracks with opinion of trackmasters. Ugly tracks (
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Were your first tracks better? I guess not or not much. ;)

Chicken, just be patient, keep having fun with making them and try to discover bit more about making tracks by every new piece. :bg:
chicken

Post by chicken »

these are my first tracks
1.retrieve map,scenery,checkpoints.2.post pic of map on WIP topic.3.Build tracks.4.test tracks.5.UPLOAD!
programs to be used:ePSXe 1.7.0 (check), 24 hr download of GT2 arcade .iso (check), paint/paint.net/GIMP (check/x/check), track editor (check), generally (check).btw, i have my own PSX.I would post in tiny, but thats too tiny
Alex

Post by Alex »

So? Practice, make track layouts in MS Paint or SnakEditor, use the zoom 4x tool in TrackEditor to place Track Objects more precisely and reveal your new tracks' screenshots in the WIP thread. These current tracks are so unlike their real counterparts and are so rushed with lots of fantasy parts (your name in big letters for example) I doubt these will even make it into the G-Tracks database. Hell, my Nivelles-Baulers only just made it in the G-Tracks list and that was rather poor.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Gera

Post by Gera »

Amazing :jawdrop:

:liar:
http://www.generally.pl
"Pure driving, pure racing... That makes me happy" - Ayrton Senna
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Gera wrote:Amazing :jawdrop:

Great post! :clap: Perfect example of constructive criticism. Or not? :down:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Alex wrote:So? Practice, make track layouts in MS Paint or SnakEditor, use the zoom 4x tool in TrackEditor to place Track Objects more precisely and reveal your new tracks' screenshots in the WIP thread. These current tracks are so unlike their real counterparts and are so rushed with lots of fantasy parts (your name in big letters for example) I doubt these will even make it into the G-Tracks database. Hell, my Nivelles-Baulers only just made it in the G-Tracks list and that was rather poor.
You can make layouts fine with just the Track Editor too :) Your version of the layout of Road America would make a great fictional circuit

Is SnakeEditor all people can use nowadays? Where's the real craftsmanship :vsad:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alonsomania wrote:
Alex wrote:So? Practice, make track layouts in MS Paint or SnakEditor, use the zoom 4x tool in TrackEditor to place Track Objects more precisely and reveal your new tracks' screenshots in the WIP thread. These current tracks are so unlike their real counterparts and are so rushed with lots of fantasy parts (your name in big letters for example) I doubt these will even make it into the G-Tracks database. Hell, my Nivelles-Baulers only just made it in the G-Tracks list and that was rather poor.
You can make layouts fine with just the Track Editor too :) Your version of the layout of Road America would make a great fictional circuit

Is SnakeEditor all people can use nowadays? Where's the real craftsmanship :vsad:
Huh? I don't use it because it's too complicated. I just listed it as an example.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
chicken

INDIAPOLIS revisited

Post by chicken »

I wasn't as lazy as with the old Indiapolis
Attachments
New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
yeah... making banks with GRHM's easy, bulls**t!
yeah... making banks with GRHM's easy, bulls**t!
Last edited by chicken on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Topics merged. BTW you could just edit the 1st post of the topic by updating its zip file. :shhh:
zgr

Post by zgr »

Trigger Happy wrote:

:clap:
:iagree:
Hello.
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Maybe banking isn't really what you want to try for your first track. Try to get an idea of the possibilities of the Track Editor first.

For example, have you found the 'Rope Length' tool? A longer 'rope' results in a less responsive mouse, making it easier to draw smooth layouts. Also: Don't be afraid to erase parts, and redo them. No good track can be made entirely in one go, without going in-game, and coming back with 50 things to correct ;)

Not every track you make needs to be finished and released that same day (or even week). There's plenty of information on how to make a decent track on these forums. Take your time to look around.
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
chicken

Indiapolis redone

Post by chicken »

now with banked roads
EDIT:forgot ZIP
Attachments
New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
(6.26 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
shot0010.jpg
Last edited by chicken on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Now this is better, a big improvement from the first 2 versions. I actually think some people might actually download this. :bg:
Owner of Team GeneAlex
chicken

Post by chicken »

Now, for NASCAR tracks, I'll only make them if banked curves are possible and i know where the pit stops are (apparently, NASCAR's website don't like saying wheres the pits are for some tracks)

EDIT:anyways, would anybody like to help me do the elevation on Pikes Peak Hill Climb? (next idea, GT2 Rally tracks, i might have to play the game myself to get the maps (maybe DL the .iso for 24 hrs to get pics of the maps, this will be nice after its done, my process will go like this. 1.note-taking (get map, get scenery locations, get checkpoint locations) 2.Upload pic of map. 3.Play the maps several times. 4. making the map. 5. Play the recreated tracks 6.UPLOAD!)
Gera

Post by Gera »

zegarek wrote:
Trigger Happy wrote:

:clap:
:iagree:

Guys... I don't have time to write huge post with tips, morover I'm not trackmaker even. But I can see these tracks and I know these are horrible... :? Perhaps I should write anything but I couldn't resist. Sorry

@down: no problem :force: take it easy :bsmile:
Last edited by Gera on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.generally.pl
"Pure driving, pure racing... That makes me happy" - Ayrton Senna
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything. Simples.
felipebart

Post by felipebart »

Read or watch some tutorials man... And export the track to paint!! It's a great tool to make tracks and it is very simple. The firsts tracks you posted are bad... On track editor, you have 3 bars on the lower left corner. One bar is about hope length. Adjust it to smooth the brush!
DRV

Post by DRV »

Make me unsee it!!!
Россия - священная наша держава!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

DRV, what did I just say about constructive criticism?