[rwl] [cir] Lakeside Park (by TH and XYY)

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Lakeside Park (by TH and XYY)

Post by XYY »

Hello guys! :wave:
I'm happy to present you the latest track of Trigger Happy and me. It's Lakeside Park, a little australian clubsport track. Each of us made one half, Ivo made the upper one, I made the part in bottom. The work on this was started in April, but as both of us are slow builders and were a bit busy, it was finished today ;-)
Lakeside International Raceway, 30 kms north of Brisbane in Queensland, was once known as a famous motorsport facility. It was opened in 1961 and became the iconic raceway of Queensland, but after Queensland Raceway was built in 1999, it replaced Lakeside in the V8 Supercar/ATCC calendar. No bigger events were hold, this caused Lakeside's closure in 2001. 2008 the track was reopened as Lakeside Park and is now operable as a small clubsport track. The owners of Lakeside don't have ambitions to hold national meetings there, they prefer Queensland Raceway :shake: Our version represents the current state of the track, but if there's enough interest, we may think about historic versions (e.g. 1960's, after the track was opened and late 1990's, before it was closed) :shhh:
So, enjoy the atmosphere of this track directly adjacent to Lake Kurwongbah! :drive:
Attachments
lakeside.png
Lakeside Park.zip
(80.86 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Lakeside Park (by TH and XYY)

Post by Lukeno94 »

I would be interested in all the different versions... :P
cocney

Post by cocney »

I like lakes and wall placement. I dislike hmap of road and this soft concrete walls!!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

That's only part of boarding around the track, which is painted by colors, so we did it by this way to keep atmosphere :)

Hmap why? Too smooth? Should be the elevations higher? :scratch:
cocney

Post by cocney »

I just say my opinion. Track is good like this too. I only don't like that and that is my little problem. :P
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

cocney wrote:I just say my opinion. Track is good like this too. I only don't like that and that is my little problem. :P
But you surely can say why you don't like the hmap. ;) This way Ivo and XYY can consider whether they think it's something also they think could be taken into account.

Track looks ok, nothing special but haven't tested yet.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Another interesting track for my GR collection. :D :yummy: Lmap is good, but I think the curb at the last turn isn't smooth enough for me. :|
pepsibottle1

Post by pepsibottle1 »

Good stuff, I've been looking for a good Lakeside in GR. I'll give it a run and post a review in a little bit

Merged double reply from Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:59 am:

Phenominal track. YOu guys hit a home run on this one. Ran this with Ryumi's F1s and they were a blast to drive around here. The track is nice and wide, giving a lot of passing opprotunities. I had no problem with the lmap although the back straight could be a tad smoother (felt like a bit of a ramp tbh). Details are very nice and I can see that you guys put a lot of time into this one. Great job.

97/100, TOTM for me.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm really happy to see at least one guy, who was also missing this track. :bsmile: And even more happy, that you really enjoying the driving. :trampo:

Thanks for feedback. :)
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Very happy someone remade this circuit :) I'll have to try it soon.

One of the old players of GR (Ambrose No.1) currently races on the circuit frequently, here is one of his hotlaps. I'll have to let him know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCPMr07W6HI
View my archived circuits/cars here
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for your comment, Crowella (and to anyone else who commented, too :bg: ). Did you have the chance to test it yet, or contact Ambrose N.1? If so, you could let us know what he thinks. :bsmile:
Any other comments?
Genetleman
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Genetleman »

It is fun to drive, I like the long start / finish area, I don't know why but I am always getting a bit of a problem to get through the left turn somehow, anyways well done
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Need more X tracks and cars? Check out
http://genetleman.jimdo.com and / or http://jolly.yoll.net

MBX6-T driver