[cir] Hakkarata

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Hakkarata

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hakkarata is a small old-school circuit built in late 50s from few loads of unused concrete segments near base of a Finnish Jaeger Company in North-east Finland. Its frozen surface is annually revealed from deep snow in the middle of hard Finnish winter for a special winter meeting dedicated to fast racing in the middle of high snow barriers - a welcomed entertainment for both members of local unit and inhabitants from close neighbourhood.[/fiction] :liar:

Hello guys. :wave:

I'd like to show you my latest track. It's a very small circuit (but still not a micro) in a winter landscape. It was originally started just as a simple lmap exercise for some other WIP, but it turned out into a compete track. Its atmosphere is very loosely inspired by wonderful two-colors rallies made by future design, Sergey, egamad, Dan Hakulín and few other excellent trackmakers. :bowdown:

The track is quite tight, so you'll need to be careful in overtaking - any mistake may cost a lot of time, if you'll end in the snow barriers around the track. On the other hand you'll need to show no mercy towards your opponents, similarly they won't care about your survival, so beware of them. :D There are also just 2 pit crews, it makes in sum a solid ground for an advice to race rather with only 4 cars on this track instead of 6. Also don't forget to try out some winter palettes for even stronger winter feeling, I recommend Strava's JBsnow06 and Garbre's Winter available at GR Palettes Archive. Enjoy and ...

:feedback:
Attachments
Hakkarata under Default, Strava's and Garbre's palettes.
Hakkarata under Default, Strava's and Garbre's palettes.
Hakkarata.zip
(56.43 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
SGroe

Re: [cir] Hakkarata

Post by SGroe »

A beautiful little track. I especially like the frozen lake with the ice skater on it. :bg:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Well, I like this fictional story. :D The only thing I don't about this track are the curbs. :P But 9/10 :bg:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

The layout and width are perfectly adjusted, the track isn't too difficult but keeps you on your toes all the time. The snow banks are a perfect substitute for sunk tyres, and in this case realistic too :bg:

And thumbs up for a true Finnish name :mrgreen: Is the source of the name the the soldiers or the tyres? Or just a coincidence, I don't think those are very well known outside Finland.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for comments, glad to hear it work like supposed. :goodvibes:

And the name? A coincidence was at the beginning (as a merger of two certain given names :hiya:), but thanks to TuomoH I was aware of this interesting warcry and the related unit, which I decided little bit reflect in the related story to give more layers of meaning to the name. :misch: