[stu] GarageJump

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stu] GarageJump

Post by TuomoH »

GarageJump is a stunt track which invloves climbing to the roof of the garage building and then jump down to the ground level. The AI is far from perfect due to jumpy nature of the track. Original Formula recommended.

As usual, comments and criticism are welcome. :bg:
Attachments
garagejump.jpg
garagejump.zip
(18.66 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
V.Mendonca(VITORFM)

Re: [stu] GarageJump

Post by V.Mendonca(VITORFM) »

cool(cú) track
cocney

Post by cocney »

Awesome paint! It looks terrific. 5/5 from me.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Though the complicated layout, I'll give you 5/5 with regard to the design. :bg:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot guys. :)

Btw, I got the initial idea from seeing a toy garage building in TV. :D

Other comments?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

3 notes - 2 aesthetic and one gameplay - I'd like more colors/textures on walls of the big block on left, not just red everywhere. Also the lights of lamps on right are visually hidden in the similarly white border wall, so it looks like just some black pipes there, if not looking carefully (like while driving). Finally I could live without the 2 cones inside some corners of the building, it's already quite narrow there with AIs and being stuck there doesn't increase the fun factor IMHO.

Otherwise it's good job, really funny (love the pine tree on right from jump) and road texture is also nice. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks, Ivo. :)

The red wall, well I just wanted to keep it simple. The lamps are there more for racing factor and not visual. And I understand the thing with road cones inside. In the beginning I put them there so that people don't hit the wall in certain angle and fly off the building and as I placed them like that I loved how it looked. :D

Other opinions?
ACM

Post by ACM »

Another insanely crazy track by TuomoH. Although to be honest, It's not going to be my favourite one to drive on, simply due to the nature of it. But you've done a good job on making it as driveable as it is.

I for one think the road cones/objects at corners is a good call. As someone who used to make tracks with sharp h-maps as track boundaries, I know how frustrating it is to have your car flung into the air for misjudging an apex.

I don't know if you want to fix it or not, but your readme states the release year to be in 2011, not 2012.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks, ACM. :cool2: Good catch with the readme, I won't update it here but surely for the future readmes.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Well, the cones - you replaced one annoying characteristic by other similarly annoying, it doesn't sound like win-win result. Also these fun-factor killing cones on inside are lately quite characteristic for you (since Estio and new other default tracks through several micro tracks to Abcity, where other quite annoying cone is or now here). I know you like the object visually a lot, but I noticed, that not by coincidence I regularly return to race most often from your latest tracks to the Surkit and Jumpland, which use either no cones on inside of curves or they have very low impact on driving. In other cases I often enjoyed couple of dozens of laps, am keeping the track, but when choosing tracks for later gaming, I often rather pick up some other. :shrug: I know, that you're aware, that a cone is not the optimal solution for inside and are not using it on every possible occasion, but I hope you'll pay even more attention to it in next tracks. :gpush:

The lights - for gameplay the poles could do same job without having visually lost tops like lights (if it's ''rather racing factor and not visual''). And if you want there in any case rather the lights on street (because of the atmosphere rather than poles), than it seems failing IMHO right now anyway, because while racing it doesn't create impression of street framed by street lights for me (and that's why I was pointing it out). The track should visually work also while driving (when the surroundings is in peripheral sight or how to tell), not only when I stop the car and am looking round the beauties of the country (and am paying all attention to the distinguishing the lights). :shrug:

The house on red - no problem with keeping things simple, but if I see the texture of roof, which looks visually complex/heavy, and then bellow almost trivially looking texture of walls, then I have feeling of seeing something bit unbalanced, that all I meant. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Trigger Happy wrote:I know, that you're aware, that a cone is not the optimal solution for inside and are not using it on every possible occasion, but I hope you'll pay even more attention to it in next tracks. :gpush:
Well, I've been trying to find the optimal solution for myself but I promise to think about this more carefully in future. :D
The lights - for gameplay the poles could do same job without having visually lost tops like lights (if it's ''rather racing factor and not visual''). And if you want there in any case rather the lights on street (because of the atmosphere rather than poles), than it seems failing IMHO right now anyway, because while racing it doesn't create impression of street framed by street lights for me (and that's why I was pointing it out). The track should visually work also while driving (when the surroundings is in peripheral sight or how to tell), not only when I stop the car and am looking round the beauties of the country (and am paying all attention to the distinguishing the lights). :shrug:
Well, it's more for racing but the idea is really to have lights in there instead of poles. But I do appreciate your sentiment too.

In the end I guess I've succeeded quite well if you pick on quite trivial things (apart from the fun-killing cones). :)

Other opinions?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

TuomoH wrote:Well, I've been trying to find the optimal solution for myself but I promise to think about this more carefully in future. :D
Thanks. :D
TuomoH wrote:In the end I guess I've succeeded quite well if you pick on quite trivial things (apart from the fun-killing cones). :)
You definitely succeeded, but I'd rather describe it as points differencing a track worthy of ToM vote from worthy of ToY vote, when I'll be doing these picks. :) And in case of trackmasters' works even this small difference is IMHO sometimes worth to be mentioned. ;)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Trigger Happy wrote:You definitely succeeded, but I'd rather describe it as points differencing a track worthy of ToM vote from worthy of ToY vote, when I'll be doing these picks. :) And in case of trackmasters' works even this small difference is IMHO sometimes worth to be mentioned. ;)
Ok, point taken, even though I don't think about awards when making tracks. ;)
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Very nice! I didn't even know it was possible to make an Hmap like this, and I very much like how it's been made very hard for AI's (or human drivers!) to get stuck...
I like short, simple signatures!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot bduddy. :)

Still some other opinions?
Exkakx

Post by Exkakx »

I like it a lot, very fun to drive! :)

I don't like the cones either though... they just annoy me.
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

I just wanted to drop by to congratulate to TuomoH for this lovely stunt track! :up: I didn't find any trouble with the cones aside from their placement in some cases(on the house wall). They become really handy when you go into the curve with full speed and there's not enough space for safe cornering, and I think how the cones are scattered is just another characteristic in TuomoH's tracks. I love when sometimes we can't jump down so we have to take the risks and drive down while others behind us fly over us, that's really funny! Some ridiculous crashes did happened becouse of that! :misch: While the red house can hurt someone's eyes, with my own palette I use it's not that bright to be mad about, but some textures could really help it out. Over all, the scenery is nice, the drivabality is great and I found the Ai more than challenging, so you gotta try this stunt track out before you go back to the all-time favorite circuits because you usually don't come across this kind of tracks, not nowdays!

:star: 5/5 :star:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thank you, Exkakx and Garbre. :goodvibes:

More comments?