[ral] Old Gully

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Old Gully

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello guys. :wave:

I was missing an autocross* track for long time, so made at least this very simple one. So it's unpaved circuit, but little bit different from the ral circuits we're used to race. It's built somewhere in central Europe behind a town on the edge of forest, where a gully used to be until it was flatten by loads of ground from construction sites in the town centre. Best used for short races with General or anything looking like buggy, but normal metal sheet cars will serve there well too. Hopefully it will entertain you for a moment too. :hattip:

*in the European sense of word. If you have no clue, what autocross in that meaning is, following spoiler has few vids as a hint for you.
[center]
[/center]
Attachments
Old Gully.zip
(85.65 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Old Gully.jpg
cocney

Re: [ral] Old Gully

Post by cocney »

It looks great! I can't say anything bad. You could save two people in 3rd corner, I think :rofl: .
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Maybe my only complaint is that the track is too clean, you could have spread more mud. I mean, an autocross track can't be sterile as an operating theater. :P

Out of that, a really neat track you've released here. I like track's layout, it seems interesting, just like starting positions are.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for comments, guys. :)

@ cocney: they are marshals, that's their job to be there. :D

@ Herbal: I tried (e.g. on outside of hairpin and 2nd half of the bend in top). Otherwise the dust would be thrown by wheels and caught mainly by the cliffs and armcos (which I cannot repaint obviously :D) so it wouldn't mess the place everywhere around much more than it is tIMHO and also the videos is spoiler neither show extremely dirty surroundings, but rather clean grass, if you'll look. ;)
Exkakx

Post by Exkakx »

I like it a lot! Fun and simple to drive. Also a bit narrow :)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Well, I must say, that you've done your job pretty well, and this track is easy to drive for novices. :) But how about adding more spectators at the entrance of the final hairpin?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks, guys. :bg:

@ Exkakx: maybe it really could be few pix wider. :scratch:

@ DuklaLiberec: Same like in the infield, those 2 are supposed to be marshals. I know it's not easy to distinguish it with the random man/kid loading :shrug: (And that's not good place for watching anyway /near lowest place/, from bottom and right sides fans can see all the layout). :)