Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2011

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Hello GR Community! :hattip:
I am here to present you... The Rabinä Awards 2011!

This year is very important to us... Our game completes 10 years of existence!! :heyea:
And we made this possible, we didn't let this game dissappear like many other freewares on the web...
How is your role in this? Well... you kept the game alive by sharing you creations or just by racing on championships
Doesn't matters if you only released some tracks or cars... or if you don't comment too much... You are playing Generally!
We have projects like JE, JEA, Original Track Update, UOGRC, Car Of Month, Track Of Month, championships for rookies, veterans, experts...
There are so many things here to keep you racing, creating and giving feedback...
We now have more than 3000 members... some day we will be over 9000!
Just lets keep the game alive to see this happens.

We've been through many hard times... Track Database blackout on the earlier days, RSC Blackout in 2008, and finally, the RSC Death in 2009... :shake:
We lost too much on those catastrophes, fortunately, we have dedicated people recovering lost and old tracks respecting all author's copyright

Oh yeah, we can't forget the surprise release of GR 1.10 last year!! this made the game even better and we were even more interested on making tracks with newer objects...

The Gala Thread is here to award our most important members by the past year...

I'll tell you how this will work... It's fast and simple.

Some members were choosen to post a special menssage presenting the nominees and the winners of each category.
On their menssage will be a link to the award winner itself.

You are free to make any kind of comments, it's party time, have fun! :D

The categories are:

#1. CarMaker - Presented by AleksiNir
#2. TrackMaker - Presented by PacmanOwnage
#3. Competition Organizer - Presented by The Noose
#4. Rookie - Presented by OlafK
#5. Commentator - Presented by Herbal
#6. Racer - Presented by Jo.sk
#7. Honorary Awards - Presented by Trigger Happy and by Buka
#8. Community Member - Presented by Black Rebel
Here are two important links:
Discussions thread
Nominees thread

Enjoy this party guys! (and girls if there is some :hide: )

Long live and Prosper Generally!

Otto Wilson
Last edited by Otto Wilson on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PacmanOwnage

Re: Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2011

Post by PacmanOwnage »

Let me be the first to offer my congratulations to each of the winners in their respective categories, and to another year of GeneRally :bsmile:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I've personally never been an active visitor of the Cars sub-forum, but nobody can deny that cars are an important part of the game. It's a racing game after all, and you can't race without a car, can you?

Everyone who has tried carmaking knows, that it's easy to make a car, but difficult to make a good car. Not everyone can design a beautiful car, specially when you are limited to 40 polies and 30 vertexes. Also, tweaking the physics of the car to perfection can be hours or even days long project. These people who have been nominated are all great at doing these things, but the community has chosen the best one of 2011.
Nominees for CarMaker of the Year 2011:

ACM, Brix, Dan Hakulín, Doorslammer, Genetleman, Haruna Say, Krisu, Lukeno94, Ms..., Ryumi, Trigger Happy, XYY.
And the Golden Räbinäs go to...
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Congratulations to the winner! I am disappointed to not receive any votes: however, I wasn't hugely active during 2011 compared to some others.
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Congratulations Gentleman!! I was expecting your win... :clap:

BTW, agreed Alexi... i know how hard is to get the car physics right... i have alot of unreleased cars just because the physics are not right. The cars are a important part of Generally, i would love if we had more activity on cars forum, currently there is like 8 tracks per car :shrug:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I was surprised I got so many votes for so few work :D Anyways, congrats to Genetleman! (I wouldn't have unveiled it but as Otto did, I can congratulate him personally :mrgreen: ).
Beware, I'm already developing my physics for the 4th time, but a lot more motivated than usual as all were saying I would have a lot more potential if I just released something :doh: :twisted:
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Argh... you were so fast... i was going to edit my post and put his name as spoiler :doh:

(Lets the commercial breaks begins!)
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

*commercial break*
...........................................................................................................

Try out the Stacker, you choose the size of your food!

Only at Burger King. Have it your way.
...........................................................................................................
*end of commercial*
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

First off let me just say how I honoured I am to be presenting this prestigious award for our games hard working track makers, and whilst I may not be as active as I was back in the RSC days, I certainly take a joy in seeing what our skilled players can come up with, downloading a multitude of tracks that are either spectacular to look at, amazing to drive, or in some cases a mixture of both. The award for the trackmaker of the year is hotly contested as each person nominated has put their own unique talents and vision into each creation they have made over the past 12 months, and whilst each track is made with due care and attention, taking in the GeneRally spirit of pure fun, but only one GeneRally track enthusiast can take home the TrackMaker of the Year award in this years Rabina Awards.
Nominees for TrackMaker of the Year 2011:

ACM, Alonsomania, Areen, Black Rebel, Bouncebackability, Dan Hakulín, Daro05, Dragon, egamad, Glen, HJ, JohnQ, Maciej1, masto_pursi, MidnightRunner, Mr.J, Ms..., Nielske, Otto Wilson, Primeracer, Scholl, Trigger Happy, TuomoH, XYY, zsoltbartok.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Congrats to both winners, totally expected and deserved wins for both of them! :clap:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Congratulations to the winners so far!

Sorry for a bit short "speech", I've been very busy lately so I completely forgot that I'm supposed to do this speech, I didn't remember until I saw the thread so I had to improvise :D

Anyway, let the show go on!
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Another expected result... congratulations to the winner (no spoiling now :P )

*commercial break
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rallye Monte-Carlo.png
Rallye Automobile Monte-Carlo... Coming Soon

Have you ever been in Sospel? :misch:
(sorry for the weird editing, i did this very fast)
*end commercials
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Wow, that really was quite a clear victory, but highly unsurprising! Congratulations!
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Aah! I missed the votings. :ouch:
:champa: Congrats to winners!
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I'm very honoured to have this honour to present the Compo Organizer award.
I was a very active racer about 1-2 years ago, but when I got the Win 7 for my computer and of course the GR1.10 had not come yet, my racing ended there. And nowadays I don't really have time to race because of my school and other activities.
But these men still have the passion and interest to organize competitions for us.
Nominees for Competition Organizer of the Year 2011:

Buka, Cristiano Bohessef, Davidmay96, GRMFED (Trigger Happy & Dan Hakulín), Gzehoo, Haruna Say, Miskolc Racing Foundation (Madd Dogg & resir014), mplume, PGR (Rudy & Majortom), zgr.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
OlafK

Post by OlafK »

Everyone had to be a rookie once. That's why rookie racing is so important to our community - everybody can relate to it. Sure, you can greatly help the community by creating cars, tracks, sound packs and all other sorts of nifty stuff, but shouldn't a racing game be mainly about racing? And the only way to become a good racer is through a lot of practice and hard work. These young men had done great amount of it over last year in order to advance with style from the land of rookies to the land of tough and experienced racers, in which it is much harder to be on the top. Today we're here to find out who in opinion of the community did the most to become the number one.
Nominees for Rookie of the Year 2011:

Bob Barker, cocney, Dany, Davidmay96, Glen, ivaneurope, JohnQ, Markku, Reh, Scholl.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Congratulations for all the winners
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Sorry for being a bit late, guys. :D And well, I'm having kinda speech, too. Well, last year was my debut year in GRIF, though I had played :gr: some months & years before that and ehm..... I'm proud to be here and to enjoy with the other guys.

BTW, there are some news about my Bulgarian friend RacerBG. He is sort of retired in here, but he said that if the new GR is released, he will come back immediately so please James & Markku, hurry up a little bit :P , but if GTGR 2 is released before the new GR version, I'll try to persuade him. :D And my final statement of my speech:

Thank you for your vote, Reh and congrats to the winners and the upcoming ones! :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congratulations to winners, especially of compo organizer award, well deserved. :bg:

And thaks for the 3 votes for me/grmfed to Areen, HJ and Tuomo in the so far revealed cathegories. Especially the one in carmaking surprised me a lot. :bsmile:
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

A big thanks to all of you who were somehow involved in the 2011 Räbinä Award elections - as organizers, voters or in any other function.
Majortom and me are proud to be honoured for our work but also want to draw attention to all the other highly-deserving nominees who ensure that this community with its passion for our 10-year-old game remains alive and thriving.

Since its relaunch in 2009, we have been planning and organizing our competition with ultimate dedication and discipline to meet our own demands and to make sure that the participating community enjoys a competition that is flawless and fun. What we also try to do is set up a concept that goes beyond the simple aspect of repetitive races. PGR F1 is supposed to convey a characteristic feeling to help to identify with the competition and, thus, provide extra-motivation. Therefore, we put special emphasis on our internet presentation, the avatars, interviews, ...

When we, by community voting, decided to offer PGR F1 here at GRIF, it was a great relief to have the support of so many PGR members that contributed to the whole concept. Thanks to XYY who even worked on the cars after I had repeatedly refused them due to minor visual aspects. Thanks to Dany and QuickNick for their tremendous efforts in making the videos. Thanks to Reh for collecting interviews. And thanks to all the other contributors who provided tracks, fonts and ideas or put us to the test as far as race results are concerned.
Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

*commercial break
*end
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Well, since the originally nominated person told Ivo in the last minute that he's unavailable, I'm the one to step in, so that I'm the first one to have posted two speeches.

This time I'm going to present you the award of best commentator. Interacting is important, I think I don't say with this any new stuffs. Since world is world, we've got an urge to leave and/or ask for opinions, if our stuff is good enough, or not. Same goes of course on our forum, as people can leave in posts some thoughts to improve tracks, say that it's awesome, asking for help, etc.

Members stated in the following field were quite active in previous month, with their precious comments to new stuffs or either by chatting.

But as I'm kinda late with this speech, I've only got one thing to say: let's present the...
Nominees for Commentator of the Year 2011:

1nsane, bduddy, Bob Barker, Bouncebackability, cocney, Dan Hakulin, egamad, Lukeno94, resir014, Trigger Happy, XYY.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Congratulations, Ivo! You derserved it! And thank you Herbal for your vote. :shy:

*applause* :clap:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

What astounds me is that I got voted for in that! :rofl: Thanks Areen.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Congratulations to all winners so far :bg: