The News Thread

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Rich Nagel
GeneRally Wizard

Re: News Thread

Post by Rich Nagel »

Trigger Happy wrote:even if I would prefer catching him alive and putting him in front of a trial. :shrug:
Personally I'd like to see his head on a stake or a plate... but then again, that's just me.
Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
www.richnagel.net
¥Weeds¥ GeneRally Stuff - ALL broken links FINALLY fixed!
¥Weeds¥ File Archives - Music, stuff, and more.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, a trial would have been better, but if he did resist and try to flee again, I guess this is better than having him still running free.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willh ... pped-fake/

I'm sorry for posting that, but it does raise more than a few questions about when Osama died, if he is even dead at all
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

Well, at least al-Qaida (or whatever they are written like, it's always the same with all those names and bombing clubs) confirmed his death - however it wouldn't surprise me if it was some sort of US propaganda gag (a bit early though, considering that the next presidential elections will be held in 2012)...
/ / / Team Honda Racing / / /

Cheers,
Tonga
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Martyn wrote:I'm sorry for posting that, but it does raise more than a few questions about when Osama died, if he is even dead at all
He's dead, fact, that some Pakistan reporters tried to be stars of the day by releasing a photoshopped thing, doesn't change on it anything. Other thing would be, if the photo would come from official US sources or at least they would confirm its authenticity, this is not the case. Theories, that it's not true will surely occur (like in case of Elvis), but you know, it has no sense the reasoning, that it's US propaganda - you cannot use for long term propaganda mission (like run for US presidency or whole anti-terrorism campaign taking several presidency terms) a lie, which can be broken by one videocall during any minute anytime in future. It would be totally devastating, it simply doesn't worth for that risks. Or at least I think, that Obama is not enough stupid to do that. If USA will confirm the death from DNA tests (which they are waiting for), I'll believe in it.
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

Trigger Happy wrote:If USA will confirm the death from DNA tests (which they are waiting for), I'll believe in it.
I won't - not because I don't think he's dead (in fact I do), but I just think the USA aren't the best one to believe when it comes to such conclusions. At least I still do remember that WMD lie which they used to invade Iraq, so if Obama gets a paper saying it definetly was Bin Laden and he tells the press, that doesn't just mean his words are the truth. I'd really like to have the DNA result confirmed by several other sources as well...

Cheers,
Tonga
Paw

Post by Paw »

Well, some people believe, that he didn't exist at all, so "killing" him wouldn't be risk for US.

And about throwing him into ocean: it's even stated in the article, that they made it so his grave won't be a place of cult.
Rich Nagel
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Rich Nagel »

Tonga wrote:At least I still do remember that WMD lie which they used to invade Iraq
I'm a bit confused... are you refering to the American, German, Italian, French, British, or (insert any other country _here_ that I've forgotten), intel that ALL collaborated WMDs?

Just a-wondering... you know, if you _do_ indeed remember that...
Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
www.richnagel.net
¥Weeds¥ GeneRally Stuff - ALL broken links FINALLY fixed!
¥Weeds¥ File Archives - Music, stuff, and more.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

No, I think, that he means the famous ''proving'' speech of Mr. Rumsfeld (IIRC) in United Nations' Security Council before start of the war, which was based on many inaccuracies and intentional misinterpretations.

Edit: No, it was Mr. Powell on February 5, 2003.
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

Ivo is right - that is what I meant. Having intel is one thing - "intentionally misinterpreting" it (perfect word for that, thanks!) is the other thing. Of course this happens all the time in every country around the world, but not everyone starts a war based on such grounds. That is the thing that makes me a bit reluctant to actually believe something that is presented especially by the US - and even more whenever it has to do with the Arab world and everything that goes with it. In this special matter, the US have indeed lost a lot of trustworthiness in the world, and thus the wish for several tests, several opinions, several results. If all adds up, I'll be absolutely fine with it and the world has one bad guy less hiding in caves and commanding his puppets to kill innocent people.

Just for clarification - I don't even really trust the German government because too many promises have been broken in the past and the people who are now ruling the country aren't even those who I voted for. I think this is also something that is a sign of a healthy democracy - people just being sceptical and not taking and believing everything right off the TV screens.

Cheers,
Tonga
Buka

Post by Buka »

Bob Barker wrote:News of the day: The deaths of Vaclav Havel & Kim Jong-il :rip:
Hm, I'm not sure Kim Jong-il is the one you should say RIP.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Buka wrote:
Bob Barker wrote:News of the day: The deaths of Vaclav Havel & Kim Jong-il :rip:
Hm, I'm not sure Kim Jong-il is the one you should say RIP.
Ehm, yeah. ;) :scratch:
Martyn

UK Council Elections

Post by Martyn »

I am truly concerned for the future of my country if people can CHOOSE for this to happen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-17950315
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: UK Council Elections

Post by Lukeno94 »

What the hell? :rofl:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Stupidest thing I've seen in years
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Plenty of entertainers have become politicians... in California (where I'm from) we elected Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Ronald Reagan had been a famous actor...
I like short, simple signatures!
cocney

Post by cocney »

bduddy wrote:Plenty of entertainers have become politicians... in California (where I'm from) we elected Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Ronald Reagan had been a famous actor...
Only in America!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

And? A comedian from my state is São Paulo's federal deputy.

Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Keep in mind that this is a news thread, not the "funny pictures and other fun stuff" thread... :cool2:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

bduddy wrote:Plenty of entertainers have become politicians... in California (where I'm from) we elected Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Ronald Reagan had been a famous actor...
But Arnie wasn't famous for songs like 'Guns don't kill people, rappers do', 'Your Missus Is a Nutter' and 'Your mother's got a penis'
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Remember the racers who have passed away

Post by Doorslammer »

I know he wasn't a motorsport person as such, but he did take home one of the biggest races of all time...

The Space Race.

RIP Neil Armstrong.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

You know after the years, how to use search and should know not to post things, where are off-topic, Dave. :really: Now post moved, if it will be happening in future again, you risk those post will be simply deleted without warning by some of mods. ;)
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Sense of humour failure.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

just to say, alcohol with more than 20% is now prohibited to be sold in Czech.