ToM Annual Elections 2011 (ToY and PoY)

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

ToM Annual Elections 2011 (ToY and PoY)

Post by GeorgM »

Hello guys! :)

The annual elections for 2011 are prepared and now it's your turn to select and elect your favourite tracks and trackpacks of the year 2011.

:tom:

All infos you can find on the
website of the Annual Elections
which also contains the old results.

:tom:

So I'm looking forward to your votes! :bg:
Best regards
Georg
Last edited by GeorgM on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
a1b23

Re: ToM Annual Elections 2011 (ToY and PoY)

Post by a1b23 »

is there any way you could list the number of votes each track received in the short nominee list?
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Could you please check agian the list of PoY nominees? I believe that both of Areen's rwl tracks can't be considered as trackpacks... :roll:
I guess the same also applies to Namcap City by PacmanOwnage and Tarum by Fermmoylle
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

a1b23: no, that's the intention - to show the list of tracks without a burden or influence of monthly results - to allow free consideration of your voting. That's why you'll do even better, if you'll pick from the long list. :)

XYY: I'm afraid you're right. :ill:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

GeorgM wrote:The Annual Elections 2010 end at Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 18:00 GMT.
[...]
There are no nominations, but you can use the podium tracks and/or the elected tracks of the ToM elections of 2010 to make your decision. Another possibility is to take the tracks you elected in 2010 as a base.
Lots of date mistakes, with the deadline having passed already being the worst. ;)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Yeah, this isn't the Annual Elections of 2010 either!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Also, if you go to "podium tracks", a 404 error appears if you click on the February podium tracks for instance. Some links are still working, though.
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

oh! I'm so sorry for those mistakes! :roll: Those four tracks are removed from the list.
Dates are updated. Links too. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

GeorgM wrote:The Annual Elections 2011 end at Friday, 22nd April 2012, 18:00 GMT.
The most important date is still wrong. ;)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Shouldn't it be the 22nd of June? :rofl:
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

:faint:

Friday, 22nd June 2012, 18:00 GMT
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Still one mistake, Ancareg Rally is a nominee for PoY even though it was released this year, not 2011.
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

Dear community,

please bear in mind that the election period ends next friday. Up to now, only 9 folks have voted.

So far, I've received votes from XYY, cocney, Areen, a1b23, Brix, TuomoH, Buka, Mad Dan and DuklaLiberec - thanks for voting!

Please hurry up, the deadline is coming.

Best regards
Georg
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

wow 9 votes that is pathetic, have you guys considered putting an announcement that would be very visible at the top of the page of every page at the site as a way of getting the more voter?
ACM

Post by ACM »

Does anyone other than me have trouble picking their favourite tracks? I usually have a hard enough time picking in Track of the Month. But now there are just so many. And I don't think of any of them as my favourite per se, because they're all built to their own rhythms and racing on just one gets boring fast. And in terms of graphics, most of them reach parity.
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

ACM wrote:Does anyone other than me have trouble picking their favourite tracks? I usually have a hard enough time picking in Track of the Month. But now there are just so many. And I don't think of any of them as my favourite per se, because they're all built to their own rhythms and racing on just one gets boring fast. And in terms of graphics, most of them reach parity.
Have thought about which tracks you were most excited to see come out and then if they lived up to or exceeded your expectations? (this would only work for rwl tracks or ones that were previewed at an early stage)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

There is too many great of them, so I took by simple way. I picked those, which caused me being I stuck with mouth open after seeing the screenshot and then falling jaw even lower while racing there. Then I chose from them the 5, which caused this effect most strongly and voted them. :-D
ACM

Post by ACM »

Well I'm currently in the process of narrowing down my choices. My final vote will probably be a rough draft at best. But then, I don't think I'll ever reach a selection that I'm truly satisfied with.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I actually managed to pick 5 tracks way too easily - maybe I've seen too many outstanding tracks during my GR career already. :shrug:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I also didn't struggle too much with picking 5 tracks for ToY, it was a relatively easy pick for me. :) PoY too, because there aren't that much packs to choose from.

I am, however, quite disappointed, that I cannot vote for JET packs as I was one of co-authors, and since there were ~15 people involved in each project, I don't see them getting much votes. :ouch:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
ACM

Post by ACM »

There's only three hours left until the end of the voting period and my PM hasn't been recieved yet. Which I sent out a couple of days ago. Is something wrong?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

That's no issue, it's in his inbox, but not yet read. All the votes, which he'll find in his inbox after end of voting will be included in results. ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

As GeorgM mentioned in ToM discussion thread, he passed the votes on me to complete them into results, because of being busy, so here they are, a very small addon to this for us all otherwise very special day. :)

:tom: Track of the Year:
1) Lombon by ACM (9 votes)
2) Sunlake Ring by Maciej1 (7 votes)
3) Aviazione by Mr.J (4 votes)
3) Akiram 1418 by Trigger Happy (4 votes)

Full results here.
:tom: Pack of the Year:
1) Rally pack by Scholl (12 votes)
2) Yasinthur Rally by Maciej1 (8 votes)
3) Sports Circuits by AE86 (6 votes)
3) GR 1.10 Default Tracks by TuomoH (6 votes)

Full results here.
Congratulations to ACM and Scholl, two clear winners of the election, to Maciej1, who occupied 2nd place in both categories and Mr.J, Trigger Happy and AE86, TuomoH, who shared bronze in ToY and PoY respectively and to everybody else, whose track received at least a vote in this tight election! :bg:

Full stats with votes of each single voter are attached here (also in packs on site):
Results - ToY - PoY 2011.zip
(8.27 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Many thanks to all voters! :up: 19 of them arrived for ToY, which isn't best but still better that previous few years and for PoY we received 17, most votes in its short history. We'll try our best to receive even more of them again next year, because especially for tracks it's very hard choice to pick a top 5 of whole year, so maybe more votes per voter may bring easier voting with more submitted votes. :scratch: Also it may bring higher diversification in the results (less ties, this year over 30 tracks with 1 vote :sweatdrop: ) like we achieved in monthly election few years ago. But more details about it we'll discuss at appropriate time in discussion thread. :)

So once more thanks to you for making with us the ToM living in 2011 by trackmaking, voting and nominating. :bg: And don't forget, again a voting runs (June), also you can nominate your fav track of present month and if you like nice cars too, then check out the May & June Car of the Month voting! :wave:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Big congrats to the winenrs and those who are on the podium! :clap:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Congrats to the winners, no surprises there, very deserved. :clap: Also congrats to other podiumers. :)

Thanks to everyone who voted for my creations. :hattip: