[cir] Via Blanca

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Via Blanca

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello, guys. :wave:

I noticed some tracks with beaches lately, I hope you will not be angry, that I made one more of them. :D Of course also this one neighbors with a circuit by a strange coincidence. :mrgreen: It is an old-fahioned and very fast purpose-built race course, which consists of couple of smoothly banked curves and two hairpins. :stir:

Have fun and dont forget to leave ...

:feedback:
Attachments
Via Blanca.zip
(78.45 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
Via Blanca.jpg
cocney

Re: [cir] Via Blanca

Post by cocney »

Awesome job in paint! I really like outline. Did you wanted for track to be so narrow? Anyway good job.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Yeah, the track could have been a bit much wider. However, the Lmap is well done so I really like your track. :)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for feedback, guys. :bg: Yes, I did it intentionally as wide as it is, I feel there actually pretty comfortable (I count it among easy tracks) :). But maybe you're kinda right about the width, although I guess, that if I'd make it wider, I'd also bend it here and there more to keep us in treat of sliding off into the sand around in any case. :twisted: And I'm glad you like the lmap. :bsmile:

More impressions or ideas, please? :yummy:
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

I think that the width is great, it will allow less mistakes and you must always think one step ahead of the AI because otherwise they may push you off.
Listen to my favourite song here

And subscribe to my YouTube account here

aka. Inca4life
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks, Woppoz. :bg: That is, what my intentions were approx. about. :bsmile: I hope you have some nice battles with those AIs. :-)

Any other details what you like or dislike on the track as a hint for my next track(s), guys? :-)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Visually awesome, every detail looks like you spent a lot of time with it.
The shore reminds me of our Pirita ;). Looks natural and real :bg:.
Racing is both fast and technical. Few last corners are so smooth, I really like them.

I'm just wondering about setting, what country is it? You usually tell us and I really want to know :D.
(maybe mediterrane sea or south america :scratch:)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks, Dan. :bsmile: You're right, I was missing something at the water-beach line and then got what, so I tried it, I think in smaller WS it looks a bit better than at Pirita. :)

And the country? I mentioned it just in readme, I was thinking about some Caribbean island, but couldn't pick a particular one. :D BTW the Via Blanca is actually not name of the circuit itself, but of the coast-line pedestrian next to the beach. When I was browsing google earth after finishing it for a name inspiration, I noticed similarly situated highway on Cuba's north coast with that name. :mrgreen:
Nooklemaudit

Post by Nooklemaudit »

I love this track! The two first turns are technical with bumper cars AI :rofl: Then two large turns perfect for drifting and overtaking.
Nice tropical landscape too. I love the little people walking near the beach. :)
GeneRally looks like any racing game. It just got a smaller price and smaller cars
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thank you very much! :bsmile: I think the first hairpins are good place of overtaking too (the secret is, that you need to be on inside of the second one, but it's not really important, where you'll be in first one). :shhh:

But as IIRC TuomoH already told elsewhere, before posting make yourself sure, that there's less than 30 days since the last reply (unless you mention something serious like broken attachment), because it can confuse people quite a lot (e.g. they try to nominate an old track for election of current month by mistake). :)
Nooklemaudit

Post by Nooklemaudit »

Sorry :ashamed:
But I'm new on GeneRally and wanted to say what I thought about tracks :shy:
GeneRally looks like any racing game. It just got a smaller price and smaller cars