The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Martyn

Re: The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Post by Martyn »

Trigger Happy wrote: Fortunately by coincidence whole the action went from off-side, so it didn't affect the fairness, just balanced it back.
Which is why I said it was not a goal. Yes it went in, but it should not have gone that far. Two terrible descisions yet again
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Buka

Post by Buka »

Martyn wrote:That was NOT a goal for Ukraine
Sure it wasn't. :)

BTW, what offside are you talking about?

Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Buka wrote:
Martyn wrote:That was NOT a goal for Ukraine
Sure it wasn't. :)
read what I'd already said. It did cross the line but there was an offside before it so England should have had a freekick near the halfway line

------

nice edit

0:33 in that video
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Buka

Post by Buka »

Martyn wrote:0:33 in that video
Yeah, you're right. :sorry:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Buka wrote:
Martyn wrote:0:33 in that video
Yeah, you're right. :sorry:
If they don't give the offside then they have to give the goal. Terrible refereeing all-round
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Martyn wrote:Which is why I said it was not a goal. Yes it went in, but it should not have gone that far.
And which is why I said it was in goal, but didn't say it was a goal. :nod:
Martyn wrote:Two terrible descisions yet again
Yes, one epic fail can happen to even good referee from time to time, but two within 20 seconds? That's incompetence. :shake3:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Whilst you're concerned with the standards of the referees, and justifiably so, I'm just as concerned with the number of errors that goalkeepers are making in Euro 2012 and indeed made at the 2010 World Cup - an unprecedented amount. England's goal came from an absolute howler by the Ukraine goalkeeper, and even the usually super-consistent Joe Hart has made some glaring errors. In fact, the only goalkeepers I haven't witnessed making a mid to major error are Buffon and Neuer!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think it's because of ball. It does terrible things in air sometimes. :shock:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It shouldn't, but they've modified that stupid WC2010 ball I believe. They should just use a damn regular ball!
cocney

Post by cocney »

There will always be modificated balls and you can not do anything. For me it makes game more exciting.
For first mistake in ENG-UKR there were centimeters and referee can not see good if player was in offside because he have too look at ball and the player.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

So there were 2 bad referees, the linesman who didn't flag the offside, and the Penalty-Box-Referee (whatever you call him) that didn't see it was a goal... No matter if it was an offside or not, that ref should've noticed that it was a goal.. :/
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Yusei Fudo wrote:So there were 2 bad referees, the linesman who didn't flag the offside, and the Penalty-Box-Referee (whatever you call him) that didn't see it was a goal... No matter if it was an offside or not, that ref should've noticed that it was a goal.. :/
That's exactly what we've all said
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

http://sportgeza.hu/futball/2012/eb/cik ... onometria/ - I think I don't even need to translate the text, pictures tell everything. Just the consequences: Vad II (the goal referee) was just in a bad place, if he would have stepped about 10 cm to the right, he would have seen the ball passing through goal line. Man, I just LOVE science. :D
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Blatter seems to be very anti-England, since when when we "scored" against Germany, he said "no technology", and now we were involved in conceding a goal (regardless of the offside) that wasn't, suddenly we need technology.
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Blatter reopened discussion of goal-line technology in 2010 as a result of that game and apologized to the FA. Tests have been carried out on two FIFA-approved systems, HawkEye and GoalRef, for the last two years. The IFAB is meeting next month to vote on allowing either system to be used in an official capacity, and Blatter has gone on record saying he specifically wants some form of GLT for the 2014 World Cup.

Blatter, no matter what his opinions were pre-2010, is not the problem here. Even if the IFAB does approve GLT, it wouldn't be a part of events sanctioned by bodies that do not approve of it, like UEFA.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

cocney wrote:... Poland coach was so bad ...
But the Czech one could even beat him. Why, when they play on defending of areas to stall Portuguese attacks, he didn't substitute in 2nd half? Czech team lost middle of field, instead of restoring it by sending fresh play-maker capable to keep ball near Czech feet and threat goal (Kolář instead Darida/Plašil), he sent there 2nd break striker, useless as Baroš, because simply nobody there could send them a pass. :doh: Same on right mid-field, Jiráček & Gebre Selassie were fighting with Ronaldo, but were so tired, that the goal had to come earlier or later by him. Why not to send there fresh and very fast players, which he had (Petržela and Rajtoral)? :doh: :doh: Instead of it an alibism of pretended offensive change as 2nd and final substitution in end - sending in 3rd striker who again stayed without a good pass until end, game over, congrats to Portugal and time for this headcoach to talk about great success just because of wining over Poland and Greece. And that all with new contract signed for qualy of 2014 World Cup. :sick:

And who now? Greece or Germany? :popcorn:
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Would like to say Germany but you never know what Greece is going to do... Let's say 2-0 and Gomez scores both.
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I shouted it many times already: Bílek ven Bílek ven! :D (ven=kick him out). But in the end the tournament could have been much worse for czech team...
Though with him again the qualy for World Cup looks bad...

I wish Greece could beat Germany :D just because of current Euro situation :D. It would be very funny.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

roque idrizaj.jpg
Both players in this picture are unfortunatly no longer with us

Besian Idrizaj (left) died 15th May 2010 aged 22. The Swansea City player suffered a heart attack while sleeping

Real Betis' Miki Roque died yesterday aged 23, he was diagnosed with pelvic cancer in March 2011
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That's a shame :\

I agree completely with the Scottish fans voting against the new Rangers going straight back into the SPL. If Fiorentina had to drop right to the bottom of the pile when they were rebuilt after bankruptcy, why shouldn't Rangers?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Jack Butland is fantastic, I really hope he's our number 1 next season!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

The 2012 Homeless World Cup started yesterday in Mexico.

I volunteer with the organisation that sent the Wales team to Mexico and did a 5km race a few months ago to help raise money to get the team there. I'm delighted to say that Wales won their first game against Denmark 6-5.

Check out www.homelessworldcup.org it really is a fantastic competition
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Czech Republic 1:2 Armenia
WHAT DA HACK?!? We were beter all the time, but Armenia had 2 chances and it get 2 goals. FOOTBALL IS REALLY FAIR :(
Last edited by FRUKIScze on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Wrong topic, FrukisCZE, moved. :shhh:

And yeah, they were the better, of two really bad teams. In words of a classic, ''it wasn't football but a Swan lake, only skirts they were lacking''. :( BTW did you understand the point in replacing Rabušic and not Kozák (by Kadlec)? I missed any. :shock:
Mad Dan wrote:... Bílek ven Bílek ven! :D (ven=kick him out). ...
Still not done. :angerstorm:

I'm starting to wish no one else than Italy of the group will be in Brazil, because also Denmark and Bulgarians play nothing special (or how to express it in polite language). :scratch:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Trigger Happy wrote:Wrong topic, FrukisCZE, moved. :shhh:
I am sorry, i just write it there, because Concey(?) wrote there some post, so i got an idea to write there about that football match :D
Trigger Happy wrote:did you understand the point in replacing Rabušic and not Kozák (by Kadlec)? I missed any. :shock:
Nope :(
Mad Dan wrote:... Bílek ven Bílek ven! :D (ven=kick him out). ...
Totally agree with you Dan. This move is the best one, what ČMFS or FAČR can do :bg: But who should replace him? :thinking:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)