[cir] Secheringen

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Secheringen

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello guys. :wave:

Story:
Secheringen is a small racing circuit in Upper Bavaria, Germany, built in area of an old road course used for motorcycle racing with temporal interruptions since 1926 until 1963. Not long after final abandoning of the old track members of local racing club, who were unsatisfied with prospect of organizing only hillclimb events, asked authors of brand new and not distant Salzburgring for a similar project of permanent race track. Although the collaboration ended at first by arguments and later even by lawsuits, key parts of the project were developed after all. The changes consisted of relocating the paddock near former marshal post no 3 situated next to a hairpin created by crossing of two public roads, reshaping of straight after following right-hander into a closing left bend and creation of new technical section with bridge across the track ended by a tricky downhill loop enclosing the layout back to the straight towards the hairpin, which lost characteristic of public roads similarly like the remaining of the track. The circuit still serves to its purpose with minimal changes since opening in 1972.[/fiction]
:liar:

Have fun! cheerleader:
Attachments
Secheringen.png
Secheringen.zip
(66.53 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Von Mantov

Re: [cir] Secheringen

Post by Von Mantov »

Trigger ... the big thing that struck me most is the cleanliness of your track details ..
and the radii of the curve very soft and precise ...
driving is so much fun here ..

personal note
I do not particularly like four pit
However, being short, no one is disadvantaged
(i test it with my five friend)

so you deserve all five stars :shaking:
cocney

Post by cocney »

So many details and great as always.
I really like pitlane and whole track looks awesome, especially dithering and roads near track.
:bg:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thank you very much, guys. :heyea:

Some more impressions, advices or suggestions? :yummy:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Concerning the details, I agree with the others, however, the AI is kinda driving weird, as there is wallbouncing, crashing and stuff. But there is basically no doubt that your track will get 4,5-5/5. :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ DuklaLiberec: And used car/AI level, please? :) According my tests with formula, it works pretty well, just 1st lap is occasionally a melee. :scratch:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Trigger Happy wrote:just 1st lap is occasionally a melee. :scratch:
That's what I meant. The AI is actually ok, though. ;)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

It's always nice to see a track which looks like my tracks have had an influence on it :D Well, I'm not sure if that is true but it looks like that to me. There's definitely some Markus Möller in there, though ;)

Like mantov said, the track looks very clean. Just like I said couple of years ago about one of your older tracks, Tuiuti, "It's hard to put into words that how I feel about it, maybe I should use the word peaceful. Nothing distracts you, but everything is detailed and flawless." It is a distinctive feature in all of your tracks, and I imagine you spend a lot of time tuning it. (and those incredibly smooth concrete walls :shock:) I tried to spend attention to this in my newer tracks, but you're doing it a lot better than me :nod:

Before the bridge the track has an awesome flow. There's more hmap in the track than what it looks like.
There always has to be something to complain about. I've never really liked off-cambered corners, so that has to be it this time. It's mostly a matter of taste though. :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Dukla: then it's OK, I guess. :shrug: :D
AleksiNir wrote:It's always nice to see a track which looks like my tracks have had an influence on it :D ... There's definitely some Markus Möller in there, though ;)
I think so, Aleksi. :nod: And if you mention some sort of peacefulness, I think you can meet with it in future design's or Ms...' tracks too. :goodvibes: Edit: Also bit of Areen is there. :shhh:
AleksiNir wrote:Before the bridge the track has an awesome flow. There's more hmap in the track than what it looks like. ... I've never really liked off-cambered corners, so that has to be it this time. It's mostly a matter of taste though. :bg:
That flow of first half was reason for the change after bridge. It simply needed a catch, otherwise it'd be little bit indifferent IMHO. :stir:

Thanks for comment. :wave:
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Really great track, beautiful landscape and funny layout. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Just a question, where you find the inspiration or the ideas to create the layout and the landscape in your circuits?
Because in your last circuits, for example Via Blanca, Old Gully, Carrford Raceway, Akiram 1418, I have noticed besides the beauty of the landscape, the simplicity of the layout that however make the circuit really funny to drive. :)
Please make more tracks because you're my favourite trackmaker at the moment. :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks Dragon. :) But in fact you usually make much richer and more beautiful landscapes than I can here or in other track. :bg:

And to answer your question, honestly I don't know. I don't have any particular source of inspiration, I feel lack of it, that's one of reasons, why it takes me long to do some track. :shrug:
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Stunningly beautiful! :love:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

I like short circuits.
I love Secheringen..

6/5! :bg: about the ratings, I'll give you 5 star.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks, Mr.J and Masa! :bsmile:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

As I told you :). It's perfectly clean, top job :bg:. AI line is too fast for me :D.
You would even deserve an award :scratch: not only for this one...
Anyway I can't wait for more :D.
V.Mendonca(VITORFM)

Post by V.Mendonca(VITORFM) »

normal track
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Dan: thanks for AI line feedback (and other help with XYY and Tuomo before release)! :bg: I hope it's sufficient for majority of us, although no doubts here are several with taste for even faster line. But that's related to the issue mentioned by DuklaLiberec, to find some balance between melee in beginnings and fast line overall. :shrug:

@ Vitor: yes, normal one, as I don't find anything wrong in lack of rwl layout in a track. In relation to couple of your previous posts lately, thanks for comment of attached screenshot. ;)
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

personally...
to test the Ai
I would use different types of vehicles to be sure it is adequate for all .....
each type of vehicle follows the line in a different way ..
For example, some formula 1 closed curves much..
for the line ... I think it must always be good and that the difficulty should be adjusted through the settings of the game ... :yipee:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I don't know about others but my AI lines for circuits are usually made for original formula ;). This car is just great and for example new F1 cars are made for big ws rwl tracks. It's quite impossible to fit it to all cars you know
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

:drunk: I am a maniac ...
I draw the Ai
until it is good for "all" vehicles ..
usually try with:
original formula .. trucks ....
lemans.
. rally car and a modded version of Formula 1 (very fast )...
simply because I do not know what the user will choose about the vehicle
to use on my tracks ...but i repeat i'm a maniac who spent hours on this :eyes:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think it's quite good way, but personally I consider only default cars, which all have and ignore particular add-on cars (including those, which I made), which usually just dozen(s) of people have - too many of them to create one universal line fitting all physic models. :hot:

And a small window to how terribly time-ineffective I am while making tracks - here normal AI line took me 3-4 evenings of tuning, two more for playing with AI line for pits and one more to tune starting positions (to eliminate - as much as possible - crashing into pit wall on entrance and pileup in hairpin while start). :doh: