[cir] [ovl] [rwl] Monza Historic

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] [ovl] [rwl] Monza Historic

Post by Bouncebackability »

Hi All!

Based around the 1960's I present a few layouts of a Historic Monza, many may remember me posting a preview of the oval over the track technique I chose to use.

I have still yet to have two cars collide because of it, and I haven't hit the ends of the barriers either, so it doesnt seem to affect racing too much :ouch: Also the new objects came in very handy, such as the movable cone on the full track. For that reason, its a v1.2b track...

5 Layouts, full circuit (61), gp (67), Florio, Pirelli and Oval included.

Have fun, comments welcome!

Cheers, BBA!
Attachments
Monza Historic.zip
updated version 2. 38 previous downloads
(304.75 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
Monza Historic.jpg
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] [ovl] [rwl] Monza Historic

Post by Black Rebel »

Awesome! :up:
Areen

Post by Areen »

It looks completly unbelievable! I understand that there is no bridge to avoid the collisions, and this is lmap masterpiece! This is my fav in this month so far <3
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Utterly gorgeous, a whole lot of great things has been made here that it's almost impossible to pick the most impressive one. Everything fits so perfectly, each and every object takes its part in shaping this remarkably natural scenery, characteristic to all of your creation, being the main reason for that your tracks are the most awaited by me in this forum. And... oh, this will sound trivial but - it drives great. Better than any Monza I tried before.

One thing that bothers me is that although gaps in blue barriers are valid in the better part of variants included, they should be filled in oval course to avoid falling out the track.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Many thanks for the comments!

@ moonchild, you're right about the barriers, why didn't I think of that, I shall sort this in a bit!

edit: and done!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

This is almost perfect, but at same time max. which is in human power do at this track! :bowdown:

Am I wrong or the oval was run on few occasions also turn-left in late 50s or early 60s? It can be also nice addon to the pack. :-) On other hand are you sure, that Florio was used at 1955+ configuration? AFAIK it was used only on pre-WWII version (with old central straight and south banking elsewhere). Similarly for the Pirelli. :scratch:
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

@BBA: It was after 20-30 laps when I posted my first comment. Now it's more than 100 on my counter and I've found another glitch to be fixed. To put it in a nutshell - trees. Arranged beautifully, but sadly, sometimes hiding parts of the road where 100% visibility is crucial, mainly inside the second corner of Pirelli and the entrance to second curve at oval. I hope that my notice would be considered if you were to plan any updates.
Bouncebackability wrote:edit: and done!
Too late... :(
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

ok, i will look into it further, i did delete some trees already, particularly around the lesmo's.

@ Ivo, I had originally made the Florio track circa 1938, with the little chicanes, in the end they weren't that great, it was only a last minute decision to include this layout variation, although not that accurate, it was just included to add another layout.
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

Looks and drives great, MANY thank you BBA! Have waited for this a long time.

But I have to agree that there's still trees that block the view too much :(
The main problem is the second corner of the oval, when you come into the corner at a high speed,
I always can't see the inner border of the tarmac.
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by CamrosX »

Is that a real curved bridge or just an optical illusion that the cars run over?
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

I have deleted some trees, updated tracks in 1st post
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

Thanks, it drives a bunch better now!

@CamrosX: It's an illusion, a very good one ;)
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

My comment is simple:
AMAZING! :D
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast