[rwl] [cir] Queensland Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Queensland Raceway

Post by XYY »

Hi all :wave:
I'm finally able to release an rwl track: Queensland Raceway in Willowbank, Queensland, AU.
Theoretically I should hate this track because it took away the ATCC/V8 Supercars from Lakeside International Raceway, which was a cool track, to the more or less boring Queensland Raceway. I still decided to make it as it's the successor to Lakeside and as there are only two versions of this: Whozig's version is quite old and preetzertrain's version is inaccurate on some places. I went for an accurate replication, but if anything is wrong, tell me and I can see if I get it fixed. Several members of the community helped me to make this my best looking rwl track (at least it's better than the Nashville Speedway :sweatdrop: ).
This one was almost ready theoretically in March, then it somehow found the way to my archive of WIPs, but I knew it was pretty enough to be dug out. :rofl:
Queensland Raceway (also called the "Paperclip") was opened in 1999 and holds a V8 Supercar event since then. To honour one of Australia's best race drivers, the front straight was named "Dick Johnson Straight". The track has got an overall length of 3.12 km (900 GRm) in its longest configuration and 1.89 km (540 GRm) in its shortest configuration. There are 4 configurations: V8 (National layout, looks like during V8 Supercar race), Sportsman, Clubman, Sprint. The surface of the track was very bumpy, so it got a repavement in late 2011.
I hope you enjoy this track, so please rate and leave some comments :)
queensland_grif.png
Attachments
Queensland (v1.1).zip
Thanks for 10 downloads of the original version!
(349.9 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Arrow#17

Re: [rwl] [cir] Queensland Raceway

Post by Arrow#17 »

possibly the most catastrophically boring race track in all of human creation. the only vaguely interesting part about the track were the huge bumps under brakes that made pulling up a little difficult. but they resurfaced it and took them out. Crap track, provides crap racing and crap viewing.

looks ok in GR form though, you did quite an awesome job.
If you can't race it, eat it, or screw it, its a waste of your time.
Check my latest tracks!
> [cir] Kmin
> [stc] Ezik Rd
Arrow#17
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

I see you like this track Arrow#17 :mrgreen:

To me it is a very good recreation of the circuit and it will go straightto my Aussie track folder! Thanks XXY! :up:

EDIT: I found a problem with the sprint version and a wall entering pits. The AI cars use to hit that wall when enterig pits.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Finally. :heyea:

I'm enjoying these big smooth bends much more than some sterile broken straights of Tilke, at least here in GR. :D

Great work in every each element. 5/5 :up:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for your comments guys :goodvibes:
Arrow#17 wrote:possibly the most catastrophically boring race track in all of human creation.
I quite agree, but I think that many US-ovals aren't so much better... :yawn:
Black Rebel wrote:EDIT: I found a problem with the sprint version and a wall entering pits. The AI cars use to hit that wall when enterig pits.
I fixed this by shortening the wall, you can find the download of the updated version in the first post ;)

Some more comments :yummy: ?
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Like others said, it's not the most thrilling track for Generally but it's full of details : the hotdog stand at the east, the starting player line which are erased a little at the end, the cars, the marshland at the north (Welcome in Australia !), the dithering on the center, ...

A professional track ! :bg:

One question ... As I'm a beginner in track maker, how time did you spend on this track ?

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for your comment :yummy:
Kikwik wrote:how time did you spend on this track ?
I think it took me probably 15 to 20 hours working time. But especially for the layout, my method takes a very long time :P But I haven't looked on the clock, so I can't really tell you :roll:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

15 to 20 hours working time
:shock: Wow ... It's short, I think, in comparison of what you've done !

Maybe for my 1st track, I will do it in 1 week ... :scared:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

That is 15 hours over probably a month or two :shhh:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Exactly, BBA is right. The time is the absolute working time excluding breaks. Some of my tracks have taken maybe 7 years but at the same time about 4 hours or so when not including breaks.

Looks good, btw. ;)