[cpk] [tou] Cars for DTM 2012

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cpk] [tou] Cars for DTM 2012

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello guys.

This pack contains models of three cars entered by Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz respectively in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters since season 2012 - Audi A5 DTM, BMW M3 DTM and AMG Mercedes C-Coupé.

This small carpack was created for a competition called GeneRally DTM 2012. Because so far nobody has released any these DTMs, I had to make my own. :taped: Due to the purpose I had neither an ambition nor an interest to cover liveries of cars entered in real 2012 DTM season, each of the three models is available only once and in a user-defined color scheme. If you're by a chance interested in the series, you can try to entertain yourself by this try while waiting for somebody, who will make/release some more proper carpack dedicated to DTM. :shrug: BTW All three models in the carpack share equal performance and driving characteristic. :-)

Few technical details too:
DTM cars are silhouette models loosely resembling serial production of mentioned manufacturers. As base a carbon fibre monocoque with steel roll-cage, around a bonnet, doors, side panels and wings in carbon fibre - a mix, which guarantees safety for driver together with weight around 1100 kg. Aerodynamic modifications to front splitter and side panels, flat bottom, front and rear diffusers and a rear wing produce high down-force. Atmospheric V8 engines of capacity 4.0 l provide approx. 500bhp and torque around 500 Nm, transmitted by a 6-speed gearbox on rear wheels in size 13x18 in, front wheels 12x18 in. Brakes consist of a carbon braking system without ABS.
Thanks to XYY and Mad Dan for testing and advice. :up:

Enjoy, comments are welcomed! :hattip:
Attachments
TH - DTM 2012.zip
(42.03 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
TH - DTM 2012.png
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cpk] [tou] Cars for DTM 2012

Post by Bouncebackability »

I really enjoy racing these cars, the main reason I chose to sign up to the competition. How accurate they are I'm not completely sure, but theyre really nice to drive so I will be using them in my GR game for a long time to come!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks, BBA! :bsmile: BTW Credits for nice handling to Mad Dan's feedback of an early test version, which wasn't at all as ''user-friendly'' as the final cars. :mrgreen: And XYY gave some good hints too, like about Audi's front. :)
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

These cars are just incredibly smooth to drive! The balance between acceleration and top speed is perfect for my taste and the handling is just super sweet. Just like BBA, I too will enjoy these cars for a long long period of time. :goal:
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for comment, Niko! :goodvibes:

I'm not sim-racer, so it's not based on an experience from another game/mod, but at least in TV the cars look like having some sort of ''super-sweet'' handling, so hopefully the driving impressions are similar to yours. :mrgreen:
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Since you made the DTM cars, can you make these cars:
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Strictly to say, you're off-topic, so it was quite wise by you to post it rather in requests too.

To reply you, as you can read on top, release of these DTM cars was just a side effect of some other effort, not a primary objective on its own, so I don't think I'll be devoted to creating another cars of this type unless I'd have again a similar desperate need to make them. So I won't make those, at least not in foreseeable future, sorry.