[rwl] [cir] Aintree

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Aintree

Post by Bouncebackability »

Hi All!

I started this track around the time of the British GP after there was a pretty decent article about the circuit in that months F1 magazine.

Here is a also a fantastic video of the 1955 British GP, which helped massively...

In the end, I will admit, I'm not completely satisfied, I think its a bit boring to race on, but maybe that's just me as a few of the tracks I have in the WIP folder at the moment I feel aren't good for racing :scratch:

Anyway, see what you think, comments welcome!

Cheers

BBA
Attachments
Aintree.jpg
Aintree.zip
(72.92 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Glen

Re: [rwl] [cir] Aintree

Post by Glen »

So, I saw the all video, very nice footage, but i forgot to look after all the details you had to notice for your track.
But the layout is clearly the good one.

The track itself look's very good, and old to. Well done.
For the fun factor, your right, but only during the first lap. I was like : (9 more laps and i'm done)
But in fact, I did three 10 laps races and will certainly do another one later.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

This is amazing. :jawdrop:

Only two details - the wooden pieces under rails look bit big. And I wonder if the hedges behind pits are at some places bit messy on purpose, it's too visible place PoV-wise to not notice it. :scratch:

Now I'd just need a decent pack of front engined F1s. Not sure, why the car sets are either pre-WWII or mid-engined from 60s and younger, these cars are also beautiful. :|

5/5. :up:
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

aaa.png
I have some of those cars here somewhere, this track will be perfect for them.
Thanks BBA :bg:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Nice circuit! Impressive.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Trigger Happy wrote:Only two details - the wooden pieces under rails look bit big. And I wonder if the hedges behind pits are at some places bit messy on purpose, it's too visible place PoV-wise to not notice it. :scratch:
Do you mean the hedgerow by the house inside the circuit? It is supposed to be uneven as it isn't a neat hedgerow, but now I look again, it probably should have been neater. Also yes, the wooden peices could have been narrower, and perhaps the shadow under the control tower a bit better too.

Thanks for all the comments :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Bouncebackability wrote:Do you mean the hedgerow by the house inside the circuit?
Yes that place. The other option would be use of bushes instead of hedges to create that impression, but there's not enough room for them anyway, so this is best how you could make the effect and in that case it's perfectly OK. :up: