[stu] Crossing

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Glen

[stu] Crossing

Post by Glen »

Hey Guy's,

Back with a new track.
I like it :D just done a 100 lap race, to check the crash ability of this track!
Race begin to be serious when the last one get hit by the first one! (take 5-6 laps maximum)
Crossing.jpg
Crossing.zip
(9.84 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Dithering? yes of course, look narrower, I did the finish line with some "Tarmac 1"
Kikwik

Re: [stu] Crossing

Post by Kikwik »

Oh, the starting place is great, I never saw that before !

Great work with the HMap too !

But there are a lot of tracks in clover ... Anyway, I will download it because I love crashes ! :twisted:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Another great track of you :bg: Interesting to have a tiny exception concerning the dithering also :D
Glen

Post by Glen »

DuklaLiberec wrote:Another great track of you :bg: Interesting to have a tiny exception concerning the dithering also :D
A tiny one! Thank you for the comment.
Kikwik wrote:But there are a lot of tracks in clover
I didn't found any track like this one, I searched all [stu] and [oth].

Anyway, race begin to be serious when you are like those guy's (I was the black one, and I nearly sh** in my pants)
Crash.jpg
Nobody was hurt!!!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I like the track itself, but I'm not very keen on the surroundings of only dense vegetation. The infield are quite nice (grid, arrow etc), but outside it's not very creative, there are many options what to do (e.g. the high banks can be with boarding and a crowd on top like ancient dangerous wooden ovals in USA or anything simplier), just something to break the uniformity, because I have lot of time to look around track while driving these big loops. :mrgreen: If you do some nice update (like of the duel track in past), I'll enjoy it much more. :-)

3,75/5
Glen

Post by Glen »

I wanted to create a soft wall for cars, because the cars are enough maltreated during the race, and I wanted a high enough wall to prevent the car to jump over. So bushes were for me the best soluti... wait a minute!! Cactus!!

I will try with that object.

EDIT: Cactus are like concrete walls, they hurt!

And I like my track, you don't have to be in love with all my tracks, you can simply drive on it, crash some AI's and have fun! :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Basically I don't talk about the bushes, but rather about all the trees behind bushes. :-) It looks like you lacked patience and wanted to have it finished in 3 minutes. :shrug:
Glen

Post by Glen »

Took me 4 hours to knew, how to make the pits, and what to put into the 2 other circles.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

No doubt about this, Glen. :up: I meant it about the patience in relation to the surrounding after placing bushes in the time, not whole track.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Seriously, what can I do with that?
Example.jpg
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Firstly I think this clean base with only grass outside is better than when drown in dense forest.

Secondly if you want few ideas, for example if wall should not be in front of bushes, then can be behind them - or fence or a wall, path and fence or a short alley of a tree type around one of loops, if the stuff will a bit differ around each other loop, it'll be better;
then e.g. some small tower, maybe instead one of booth in pits (or something more complex by booths) in the middle or on center of a track-edge and then when we'd see, how it looks like, we could play with smaller objects like lights, cones, people (e.g. a marshal post by telephone poles ''above'' the bushes like on oval tracks) or other details (more zoom maybe). Even the forest is good idea, if in just a part and not everywhere.

But why am I saying this about the track? Because you're capable of it better, just look on your older tracks. :)
Last edited by Trigger Happy on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: .