[rwl] [cir] Mugello Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Mugello Circuit

Post by Sartalas »

Mugello Circuit
Hello!!
This is my new track !! Mugello located in Italia. Download them and I'm wait for comment ;) .
Have fun ;) ...

Re-made track:
Click!
Mugello.zip
(135.7 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
shot0023.PNG
Last edited by Sartalas on Wed May 17, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Glen

Re: [rwl][cir]Mugello Circuit

Post by Glen »

Nice track, even the small details are well made, maybe the big TV screen on the bottom left is a little bit strange.
What I don't like (like in every [rwl]) is than i never know if my lap will be counted or not.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Looks good, but you need to space out the track tags. :)
happy412

Post by happy412 »

I really like this track. It's very nice to drive and even the details are very good replaced! Congratulations, I mean, that is a very good 5-star-circuit!
Von Mantov

Re: [rwl] [cir] Mugello Circuit

Post by Von Mantov »

the track is very good but now you should work on hmap....you can realize a great work .....mugello is an hill circuit ...arrabbiata 1 e arrabbiata 2 are not flat like these ...take a look at the real track
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Is it me or looks like the real dimension of the circuit have not been respected? I mean in here Mugello is using the whole square, ehwn I think Mugello is a kind of "long circuit".
Attachments
Circuit_Mugello_(test).png
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by CamrosX »

@Black Rebel: Yeah it does look a bit funky. The track needs to go on a diet :D
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

I don't see why that's a problem at all; plenty of trackmakers don't always keep the EXACT shape and proportions of the real-life track, me included.

Remember, this isn't Rfactor or anything that requires a faithful reproduction of the real thing, it's all down to what each particular trackmaker feels is best or is needed to make the best version of the track that they can.
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

For me, sartalas has made a great job playing with the "right" dimensions. If I converted a real life track in to a GR one, I would pay major attention to the corners so that a left-hander followed by a right-hander does not become a chicane you can blast through in a straight line (e.g. Turn 2/3). I don't care so much about the exact length of various straights. You can find a similar but less extreme approach in Maciej's work when he slightly alters the curve radius to make a specific corner more demanding - just like its real counterpart (e.g. Monza: Seconda Variante, Variante Ascari).

Therefore, I would say this track is not to fat in width, it just lacks the long straights of his real life version. :)
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:it just lacks the long straights of his real life version. :)
Exactly, because dimensions are wrong.

Adapting one corner or two is one thing, adapting the whole circuit is diferent. No offense of course, just my view. I see an excesive separation between the straights making the corners widder than they are in real life and straighst shorter than in real life.

Check the "fast and bad" adaptation I did in a copy and paste process on photoshop. The chicanes and corners are not loosing the shape (...of course the harpins should be done again...), but the track looks more like the real thing, and not a square ciruit:
shot0023.jpg
I like the circuit, the athmosphere, everthing is well done. And that is why I am telling the dimensions could be better, as to me is the only down point.
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

Thank You for posting, maybe one day it will improve, at the moment I took the Circuit Zolder. I'll try to apply to the council at the next track. Also, once again thank you, and I look forward to the next ;).