[ral] Toxohu2

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Toxohu2

Post by Mad Dan »

Toxohu2

Original track was part of Best of haq trackpack, it wasn't my favourite track so I decided to remake it :).
I'd say it is set in semi-winter landscape somewhere on the north :). I hope you guys will like it and maybe leave a comment :goodvibes: .

Dan :hattip:
toxohu2.png
Toxohu2.zip
(88.66 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
:rally:
DuklaLiberec

Re: [ral] Toxohu2

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Nice remake, Dan. Thr AI line, however, was somewhat a madness using a skill of 100 as they drive against the trees, stones and barriers.... :P

Otherwise good work :bg:
Pablinho18

Post by Pablinho18 »

excellent!!!!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Thanks :). The AI really depends on cars you are using :D. I did it for my WRCs.

Any more comments? :)
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Still looks a little incoherent and confusing to me. The object placement looks too random.
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It should feel random, in nature there is not many places where trees grow in perfectely shaped and organized formations, same with bushes. (except places where humans placed them regulary). In top left and right the woods are getting deeper and in the middle there is kind of meadow. The fences almost protect you from falling to water, crashing into other cars on the other side of harpin and also on fece protects spectators from cars. Stones make it easier to place checkpoints, same as sunk tyres on tarmac circuits. But if you still don't like it, it's ok to me, I make tracks for me to enjoy, not to win prizes :D.

BTW by the DL count I guess you are only judging by the screenshot :shrug:. Why don't give it a try :).
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Mad Dan wrote:BTW by the DL count I guess you are only judging by the screenshot :shrug:. Why don't give it a try :).
Fair point -- I gave it a try and I have to give it to you: it's a good drive.
Mad Dan wrote:It should feel random, in nature there is not many places where trees grow in perfectely shaped and organized formations, same with bushes. (except places where humans placed them regulary). In top left and right the woods are getting deeper and in the middle there is kind of meadow. The fences almost protect you from falling to water, crashing into other cars on the other side of harpin and also on fece protects spectators from cars. Stones make it easier to place checkpoints, same as sunk tyres on tarmac circuits.
I know all about nature's randomness ;) That doesn't mean that it needs to be recreated faithfully in a racing game. You're the track maker, you can do whatever you want. And nature can be surprisingly well organized, in it's own way.

But I was also referring to the 'human' aspects of this track: the dirt road, the houses and (especially) the fences. They seem to have fallen from the sky. If your aim was to faithfully recreate a (fictional but realistic) tundra village, I'm still not convinced.
Mad Dan wrote:But if you still don't like it, it's ok to me, I make tracks for me to enjoy, not to win prizes :D.
That's the most important thing. It's my philosophy as well. I release pretty much everything I finish, in the hope that somebody else might like it, too. And again, this track is actually pretty nice to drive on. Just a little disorientating at first.
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

nielske wrote:If your aim was to faithfully recreate a (fictional but realistic) tundra village, I'm still not convinced.
I would not call it village or other quite organized settlement, rather a lake in spring time, on banks with few hovels and lodges with saunas, placed rather by where is best spot e.g. in view on lake and nature around and then loosely joined by few paths. :D

Good update, Dan. :up: