[stc] Costiera

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Costiera

Post by Dragon »

Hi guys! :)
Inspired by nielske's Suzu and by Trigger Happy's Akiram 1418, I wanted to create a small stc situated somewhere in Italy.
I have never created a circuit with such a small WS, I found some difficulties in making a good proper layout for the landscape.
I think this is a challenging track where it needs to find the correct line to be able to go fast. ;)
I hope you like it, enjoy and please leave a comment. :bg:
Attachments
Costiera.zip
(32.92 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
costiera.png
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stc] Costiera

Post by nielske »

Fantastic attention to detail. I love the walls made out of concrete posts. They look nice and Spanish. Also love the flower bed made out of hedges.

When it comes to racing, though, it's a little too narrow for my taste (or skill level :P). The road texture, as nice as it is, also makes me a little dizzy. I found it really hard to drive a clean lap. But then again, I'm not a particularly good driver.

Great looking track though! Glad I could inspire you to create this
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you nielske for the comment! I hope you continue to inspire me in making tracks. :)
You're right as regards the racing, the track is narrow because I wanted to add some difficulty in finding the correct racing line and you have to take advantage of all the track.
Maybe this circuit is more suitable for hotlapping but I think it's also fun to race with 3-4 cars due to the small WS. ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think only the yellow lines make ''too narrow'' optical feeling, but the real width is OK. :bg:

About the same texture on road and around in lower half Nielske is maybe right. :scratch:

Anyway, 5/5 :clap:
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thanks Trigger Happy, glad you like it. :)
Any other comment or idea/hint for my next tracks (type of track/layout/landscape/etc.)?