[evo] [cir] Atma (by Emil & Pahkasika)

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[evo] [cir] Atma (by Emil & Pahkasika)

Post by Emil Patanen »

Hi, everyone :hattip:

Having started to work on this over a year ago, finally got it ready to be released. It's an evolution track that is based on Pahkasika's abandoned WIP. The pack includes three versions, 1991, 1995 and 2003. The 1991 and 1995 versions have been ready for a long time, and this week I started to continue on 2003 version. I had to bit force myself to finish the pack, thus the latest version might not be as good as it could be, if I had been making it in relaxed mood. But I wanted to get this ready, I really hated to have two finished tracks lying in my WIPs folder so long. I tried to keep the style of these tracks somewhat close to Pahkasika's style.

AI lines has been designed for original Formula. They might not be very good, because I was pretty much finished with making these tracks, when I was tuning AI lines today. I just couldn't care about them more.

I hope you like these tracks and enjoy driving on them :)
Attachments
Atma Evolution.zip
(184.58 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Atma 91.png
Atma 95.png
Atma 03.png
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
The Noose

Re: [evo] [cir] Atma (by Emil & Pahkasika)

Post by The Noose »

The -91 and the -95 versions look really good. But the 2003 version looks a bit... Unfinished. I don't know that if it's just me but it looks a bit unfinished and rushed.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Pasketi

Post by Pasketi »

I like the look of them all, but my favorite is that -95 version: great mix of green and gray, if you know what I mean. I like how you used the empty area up with forest. It gives the track some color, as well as does the Tarmac #2 in the middle of the track. -91 looks a little too simple, and -03 looks a little too long and gray, but -95 looks nicely balanced.

I should playtest these, so I could give you more accurate information about the track width, corners' object-placement and AI lines...
Never let GeneRally die!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Yeah, all versions are not too bad, and I like the '95 one most. Just the lamp posts look imho.... annoying.

@The Noose: I am having somewhat the same feeling about it as well, possibly due to the tarmac run-off areas, which "kills" the beautiful scenery of '91 and '95.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

DuklaLiberec wrote:@The Noose: I am having somewhat the same feeling about it as well, possibly due to the tarmac run-off areas, which "kills" the beautiful scenery of '91 and '95.
I think it's because of the extended layout, it replaces forest and hill in top-right square, only bigger/dominant part of landscape. The beach or lake in middle are too small to take over the role of the hill, so the track looses its face a bit.

I also prefer '95, best mix of layout and landscape, the first layout is bit too simple on my taste. :)

Anyway, good job of both! :up:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Interesting and a good track. Just like Trigger Happy, I prefer the version 95 '
ALL TRACKS
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks everyone for the comments :) I'm bit surpised how everyone tends to like '95 version most. I personally prefer the '91 version.
DuklaLiberec wrote:the tarmac run-off areas, which "kills" the beautiful scenery of '91 and '95.
Tarmac run-offs aren't the most beautiful thing in the world, but you know, they have been adding them to all real life tracks, so I also had to put them here to really make the '03 version feel modern ;)
Trigger Happy wrote:I think it's because of the extended layout, it replaces forest and hill in top-right square
I was thinking about to make the '03 layout even more shorter from Pahkasika's original one, but then I thought that it would have been taking away the very twisting nature of the original layout made by Pahkasika, which wasn't the intention with this version of the track :)
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

I like the track but have those boats really been standing there over the 12 years? :p
Listen to my favourite song here

And subscribe to my YouTube account here

aka. Inca4life
Elit3noob

Post by Elit3noob »

incredible tracks to master lap times, especially the '03 version, but can get a bit out of hand with the AI on the many chicanes
haha tricked you ;P