[cir] [rwl] Guaporé

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
MidnightRunner

[cir] [rwl] Guaporé

Post by MidnightRunner »

Autódromo Internacional de Guaporé.
This tracks hosts mainly the Formula Truck and local drag races.

P.S.: O.Wilson did the water texture and fixed the lines at the Esse turn.
Attachments
1.jpg
guapore.png
Guaporé.zip
(44.2 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Last edited by MidnightRunner on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
happy412

Re: [cir] [rwl] Guaporé

Post by happy412 »

Whoa, very nice one! The track is very good and - exspecially the last three corners - very hard to drive; a good layout. But I've got a little question: Is there only wood around the track? And is the infield just green? It maybe looks a bit, yeah, boring (no, that sounds to hard)...I don't know. I miss that special touch, You know? But I've to say, that I've never seen a picture of that track and so I don't know how it really looks like; therefore: 5/5, because of that fabulous layout! It make's fun to drive!
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

happy412 wrote:Whoa, very nice one! The track is very good and - exspecially the last three corners - very hard to drive; a good layout. But I've got a little question: Is there only wood around the track? And is the infield just green? It maybe looks a bit, yeah, boring (no, that sounds to hard)...I don't know. I miss that special touch, You know? But I've to say, that I've never seen a picture of that track and so I don't know how it really looks like; therefore: 5/5, because of that fabulous layout! It make's fun to drive!
Thanks for your comment. :D

I've added a pic to the first post, so people can see how the track looks in real life.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

I downloaded this one, and it is really good.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Areen

Post by Areen »

Whoa! This track looks very positive in every aspect. Good job! :bg:
Elit3noob

Post by Elit3noob »

:o this might be my new #1 favourite GR track! *might* because everything is perfect (especially the AI line!!! :bg: ) , except for the checkpoints. Some of them are a bit too small.

9.99999/10!!! :bowdown:
haha tricked you ;P
Andrea Tibiletti
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Andrea Tibiletti »

Great track... good fun.

I think that only n° 5 check is a bit (but not bit bit) small... and i like very much the tracks where racing the trucks... but i don't like the rotation of the screen (is usually a negative effect and do not need :bg: )

So, i put this track in my favorite.

Thanks and regards. Andrea.
Latest release:
Autodromo Gianni De Luca
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

I gotta put this out there, although it's nothing new or personal, but for once I have to say that world size 255 along with checkpoints that are narrow as hell just doesn't work at all for me. The visual side is really great, as is the polished AI line, but at the end it's more of a painting that you'd put on a wall and forget, rather than a track you'd like to race all over again. :shrug:

I don't mean to be harsh but this is just how I feel about most of the real world tracks that are implemented into GeneRally and this just happens to be the first time that I actually spit it out, but they just don't really work out when it comes to actually racing on them. :roll:

In the end it's a great track but undriveable. :ouch:
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Great track but red-white barriers doesn't look good
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think the track is perfectly drivable (3-cars-wide is enough for these smooth bends), in real it's a track where a mistake hurts (not a silly tilkedrome), in GR it should be keeping same spirit. :-) Also checkpoints aren't different from what other rwl tracks have, only sunktyres aren't bothering us here.
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

@Trigger Happy
Looking back at my post I think I chose my words badly and the mood I wrote it in clearly shows through making it seem overly negative, so I'd like rephrase myself a bit more clearly. I have nothing against the track width, the problem I have is the world size which makes it really difficult to properly see the alignment of your car when driving it since everything is so small on the screen. I understand that the max WS is probably necessary to fit a real track into the GR sandbox with even remotely keeping the perspective of the track reasonable.

What I don't like about the narrow checkpoints is that failing to stay on the track, whether it's a mistake of your own or you're being pushed out by the AI, results in missing a lap. I'd prefer sunk tyres over having nothing on the infield but still having checkpoints as narrow as if they were there.

Maybe it's just real world tracks being a bit overwhelming for me unless they come as a mini version. :shrug:
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Great circuit! WE WANT MORE SOUTH AMERICAN CIRCUITS! XD
M1KA

Post by M1KA »

Amazing & Funny!
15.51 after 40 laps with the F1 Chibi HP cars.
You have my vote :)
Easy English, please...
Hello, my name is Iñigo Montoya.