[cir] [ovl] [rwl] [roa] 5 previously unreleased tracks

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] [ovl] [rwl] [roa] 5 previously unreleased tracks

Post by Bouncebackability »

Hello :wave:

i have released a track in a while, and although im working on something i hope will be decent i have a LOT of wips in the pipeline, let alone those ones i abandoned the other day, so here im releasing 5 tracks that were from that pack that ivo told me to take out, and a couple of others ive done but wasnt really satisfied enough with to release them before, so a group thing makes sense to me...

Aujeurres
This was in the abandoned pack i put up, but ivo told me to take it out and i had a little tinker with it. It was originally meant to be a evolution pack, (similar looking layouts are in the abandoned zip ;) ) but like all my other attempts at an evo pack, it didnt work. Anyway, i touched this one up a bit and i dont think the results are too bad, a historical style track, with people at the roadside etc etc and even though it only has 4 turns, i think it can be an enjoyable race.

Castle Combe
Basically the problem here is i made it a bit small in my opinion, especially when compared to other UK tracks i made in the past, i also did this quite a while ago, but just thought i would actually release it now...

Culmhead
Another attempt at a historical evolution pack, again, didnt work :lol: so just the 1st one, im still not fully happy with it, so may update it when i know what to do with it to make it a bit more interesting... based upon an airfield near where i go to uni.

Nahel
The reason i hadnt released this one was becuase i wasnt happy with the idea in it. I just find it very difficult to work with a track in a desert area, ive tried a few times, but just added a few bits from the version i abandoned and boom, released.

SANAIR
This was requested by TGF many many moons ago, but found it really difficult, also aerials arent that great, which didnt help. sorry TGF its all i felt i could do with it, and it took a while :shrug: Includes the circuit (watch out for the last turn), the oval and the mini-oval

below are the zips. i hope you enjoy them anyway, and feel free to comment...

Cheers, BBA!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] [ovl] [rwl] [roa] 5 previously unreleased tracks

Aujeurres

edit: added a slightly modified hmap version
Attachments
Aujeurres H.zip
(68.66 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Aujeurres.zip
(67.71 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Aujeurres.jpg
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Castle Combe
Attachments
CastleCombe.zip
(62.65 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Castle Combe.jpg
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Culmhead
Attachments
Culmhead.jpg
culmhead.zip
(66.72 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Nahel
Attachments
Nahel.zip
(134.17 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
Nahel.jpg
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

SANAIR
Attachments
SANAIR.zip
(200.31 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
SANAIR.jpg
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

SANAIR is just awesome :bg: It's very nice for something you didn't really saw for real... :) Another canadian track to add to the G-TRACK :D

Others look good too :D
JQ77777

Post by JQ77777 »

Nice Tracks :bg:

PS.You one of the best track makers!
Sorry for my English
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Castle combe looks good (the others too), but IMO there should be some walls dividing track and landscape...
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Funny is, that there aren't so many walls around Castle Combe, it's now closer to the reality. I think there used to be some corn in the middle of the track, I don't know it still worths to have it there... :mrgreen:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, they don't need it there, because you'll not crash to anything, even spectators aren't there in field. And the track surprised me very much, I had impression, that's quite ugly from screenie, but it's very nice and the layout (mainly chicanes) & WS work perfectly, the impression of real track is excellent. It's very short track, isn't it (under 50 seconds/lap)?

SINAIR is exciting too, pity that it wasn't available for Atlantic Champ few months ago, it would have one more round in Canada. :bg: And great job to place independent circuit and oval into one map, both is working for game-play. :clap: Only the oval have few sharp teeth in external walls.

Aujeurres is very strange track, maybe longest straight I've ever seen in GR. :scratch: In final it's nice, even if whole layout is in top part and part of it is very close to edges of map. Nice track reminding me old Le Mans and Reims. :goodvibes:

I don't agree with worries about Nahel, it's good not-overstuffed circuit, the facility's details are enough with minimalistic landscape made by coast and few objects. :bg:

The airfield would need imho something inside little bit one small hangar or primitive control tower or grandstand near pits. :scratch: Still enough good for races of '50s. :)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ivo Porc wrote:SINAIR is exciting too, pity that it wasn't available for Atlantic Champ few months ago
IT's SANAIR :shhh: And the problem is not the track, it's if yes or no, the cars have winter tyres... :misch:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

DXTR wrote:I think there used to be some corn in the middle of the track, I don't know it still worths to have it there... :mrgreen:
Ivo Porc wrote:Yes, they don't need it there, because you'll not crash to anything, even spectators aren't there in field.
Yeah, theres are no walls at all in the center, thats why i didnt put any there :mrgreen: and well, maybe the corn hasnt grown yet :sherlock:
Ivo Porc wrote:It's very short track, isn't it (under 50 seconds/lap)?

not quite it seems, lap record is 59 seconds, so it is a bit longer than ive made it i would say.
Ivo Porc wrote:Aujeurres is very strange track, maybe longest straight I've ever seen in GR. ... even if whole layout is in top part and part of it is very close to edges of map.
yeah, i think think the length of the straight may have been an original idea i had, it was a while ago :roll: and as for it being at the top, i just preferred it that way around...

and as for culmhead, i reckon i may edit this one in the end anyway

thanks for all the comments
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

Nice tracks, but can you tell me in which contries the tracks are, SANAIR is in Canada and Castle Combe is in the UK but in which countries are the other circuits?

Greetz and thanks, CaLu.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Other are fictional. ;)
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

Aha okay, very fun to drive though. But I guess it can be confusing for someone who's thinkin that there's only [rwl] circuits in posted in the thread.

Besides that, as I've already stated, they're absolutely fun to drive. Especially Aujeurres, as it has got a nice straight and after the right turn afterwards got some nice change in elevation. Good job :bg:

Greetz, CaLu.
dead14vii1640

My 2 cents

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Culmhead is clearly based on Thruxton and Aujeurres is just some kind of version of Reims-Guex.
I think that's why you failed when you tried making their evolution packs. To make a evolution pack you just have to start with one of these 3 possibilities:
· A club circuit. So you can expand it
· A "perimetral" circuit. So you can make things inside and make it longer
· A "decadence evo pack". You start with a long, unsafe track and finish with a smaller one, which just doesn't have the glory of the previous versions.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: My 2 cents

die996 wrote:Culmhead is clearly based on Thruxton and Aujeurres is just some kind of version of Reims-Guex.
I think that's why you failed when you tried making their evolution packs. To make a evolution pack you just have to start with one of these 3 possibilities:
· A club circuit. So you can expand it
· A "perimetral" circuit. So you can make things inside and make it longer
· A "decadence evo pack". You start with a long, unsafe track and finish with a smaller one, which just doesn't have the glory of the previous versions.
yeah i had kinda figured that was why, and yes aujeurres was based loosely around reims, but culmhead was based on an actual airfeild by me. But someday i will manage to make one, ive tried 4 times so far :doh: :D

any more comments?

also i will probably add a slightly tweaked aujeurres in the next few days, with suggestions from Ivo ;)