[rwl] [cir] Circuit of the Americas

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Maciej1
GeneRally Wizard

[rwl] [cir] Circuit of the Americas

Post by Maciej1 »

Hello everybody.
Newest track: Circuit of the Americas in USA.
Have fun. :wave:
Attachments
Austin.jpg
Austin.zip
(96.86 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
"Genius does not argue, it creates"
Please visit my GeneRally website.
GeneRally World Tour
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Circuit of the Americas

Post by Trigger Happy »

Try rather chequered 1px-1px red-dark tarmac / ice-dark tarmac / white-dark tarmac in the run-offs and red stripe all around the layout, it may be bit more better, now it's somehow messy. :shrug: And it'd also look better, if next to map borders would stay 2-3px of runoff in the corners, not immediately white line.

Otherwise everything seems to be on right place. :up:
ExiooPL

Post by ExiooPL »

I was expecting something better. It's probably your worst track recently. hmap could be richer, the environment goes, but the track is not on your level. :worried:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Ivo is spot on, you need to loose the sharpness of the red. And the track the the edge of the map is nothing new for your tracks, its always something I avoid in mine, but each to their own...
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Sorry Maciej, but as mentioned before, the colour of the coloured tarmac run-off areas look somewhat poor. I believe the blue-coloured section has to be darker.

Only a 3/5, it was a slight disappointment after so many great tracks you released here, but do not take that personally, I know you can do far more awesome and epic tracks than that. ;)
cocney

Post by cocney »

I will defend him.
It think that he can not make darker blue.
It is very hard to make long and narrow tracks. I tried to make Moscow Raceway and it was total disaster.
But it is still your worst track from F1. 4/5 from me.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

No doubt it is a master piece.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Not excellent but I never said that you aren't track-genius :)
9/10 :D
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

As some of you may have noticed, I'm not always the biggest fan of Maciej's tracks, but I have to defend him. I don't understand why everyone thinks this is remarkably worse than all other tracks, because it's as close to the borders as usually and has got the not-so-good looking rounded Snakeditor walls as always.
And why do you all hate so much the red lines? In Halama's Le Mans it's at least as wide as here, if not even wider. And in Maciejs Abu Dhabi it's of the exact same width, just not in such a striking colour. Btw, talking about Abu Dhabi, it uses the same colour for blue like here in the runoffs, also I'd like to see anyone of you doing it better :doh: And did anyone complain about his Buddh/India track to be too powerful in the top-left? I don't remember it. Sure, the red may be very striking at the beginning, but at least it's a difference from the mainly grey and green tracks he always makes.
So, for me it's just as usual, and I think it deserves at least 4 stars... :? Calling it the worst track would be like... I don't have a good comparison. But at least it feels wrong to say this is his worst work... :|
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Nobody says red lines/stripes are bad on they own and always in every case. It's said, that it doesn't work here well at all and suggest how the problem of conversion of the real track's appearance may be done better. Putting out any cases or examples, if it was or wasn't used in past, is pretty irrelevant, especially if there's an option, that it was not just used, but was also fitting well (e.g. the LM track). :roll:
Daro05

Post by Daro05 »

Babble guys, epic track I think :bsmile:
I've been waiting for this track :bg:
Areen

Post by Areen »

I think the problem is He used the white outline for the red borders, so it looks kinda striking. For me it's again very, very good work, though. ;)
Last edited by Areen on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Trigger Happy wrote:It's said, that it doesn't work here well
I at least think it looks great :D After all, this color "issue" is not an issue for me at all. ;)
Areen wrote:I think the problem is He used the white outline for the red borders, so it looks kinda striking
Exactly the same colour combination was used at his Sunlake Ring which got a :tom: at least. Of course I know that Sunlake is not the same as COTA, but the style of having 2px of red by a 1px white border is VERY similar.

And also it's useless/stupid to argue about one's opinion. :yawn:
Areen

Post by Areen »

Where you have on the Sunlake this type of borders? I don't see it: http://forum.generally-racers.com/downl ... &mode=view
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

XYY, Sunlake Ring has tons and tons of details, which weaken the red striking effect (not to mention there's only marginal detail on small one part of layout and mainly it HAS the stripe in the 1px-red 1px tarmac in chequered order like me and BBA mentioned, so you're very wrong with call it's same like used here).

Similarly like with soft wall, it's nothing bad about using it of course, but it needs to be balanced with rest of objects and lmap. And here, contrary that one, is basically nothing else enough strong, just walls, few stands, 2 parkings and one road. Obviously I have nothing against your liking it, XYY, but your post was like the previous posts here were crucifying innocent one like only jesus is assumed to be.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Ok, I'm sorry about sunlake Ring, I remembered it wrong (I thought of the zebra crossings). Btw, I was just wondering, do you also find this contrast/missing balance in the real track or just in this recreation of it? :scratch: Same would also apply for a track like modern Paul Ricard.
Areen

Post by Areen »

Balance is a relative term. I mean you just feel it or see it. You need to find it out for your own.
Andrea Tibiletti
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Andrea Tibiletti »

I like this track. But the tarmac looks wet (maybe effect "sponge" in photoshop)... is a bit strange. But the track in very very good.

Regards, Andrea
Latest release:
Autodromo Gianni De Luca
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

As a reaction to the replies of others, I meant in my comment that Maciej's Austin circuit does not look as good as his other rwl tracks do. But I have never called one of his tracks or a part of it sloppily made.
DuklaLiberec wrote:Sorry Maciej, but as mentioned before, the colour of the coloured tarmac run-off areas look somewhat poor. (...)
Only a 3/5, it was a slight disappointment after so many great tracks you released here, but do not take that personally, I know you can do far more awesome and epic tracks than that.
Yeah, frankly, the red lines do look a bit poor in my eyes, but it does not mean the track overall is crap, too. And with disappointment, I mean Maciej's tracks are usually fabulous, however this work did not measured up my (and some person's) expectations. The expectations are generally high for a trackmaster like him, and because of that, I still respect him and his works.
BTW, I can retract my previous rating and change it to a 3,8/5 as a fair compromise considering my and the others' opinions. As a conclusion, the track was IMHO not excellent, but it was not terrible, either. ;)
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Maybe this track is not the best version of Austin in GR, but I hope you can update this for better version.

Anyway, I think it's not bad, but could be better ;)
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

His tracks are the best - no doubt...

Trackmakers should start doing tracks like him. He is the No1 TRACK MASTER

I visit everyday the forum to check for new tracks by this guy.

THANKS
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Put it this way. If myself or any other "regular" track maker had made this, it would be a 9/10 from everyone. Because Maciej1 made it, people automatically expect 10/10 tracks, and when they don't see it, they are disappointed and thus give very low scores. There is very little wrong with this at all - the blue bits are a GR limitation, not much Maciej could do about it. The red is exactly like the real track. This track is technically 100% accurate in GR terms - so people shouldn't be crucifying him for it!
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

As I see everybody complaining here I will add some complaints aswell, just for fun... :D ...I don´t like the lake, seriously, this lake is too wet and there is too much water on it compared to the real one. In the race broadcast last week I saw some ducks walking around it, where are the ducks supposed to be in the track recreation????? I can´t believe you failed to add theses ducks here Maciej1... :mrgreen: ...about the red lines, I don´t find them that bad, maybe because I am green&red blind (LOL) but if the others say, I will agree with them and say these are the worse red lines ever draw in a generally circuit. But the ducks... the red lines might be a fail, but the ducks are a massive fail. Please add them next time.

0,2/5 from me, and you might say thanks for the 0,2...

:mrgreen: Hope you laughed a bit!

@ jefcam: Now being serious, if you visit the forum so often you will find out that there are many guys doing very nice tracks.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Black Rebel wrote:@ jefcam: Now being serious, if you visit the forum so often you will find out that there are many guys doing very nice tracks.
Like me :)

I know were is the exit ---> [] :rofl:
Lukeno94 wrote:This track is technically 100% accurate in GR terms - so people shouldn't be crucifying him for it!
:iagree:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Lukeno94 wrote:This track is technically 100% accurate in GR terms - so people shouldn't be crucifying him for it!
Technically correct can be anything, but it's not contradicting that still may be hand-crafted better. Technically 100% correct is also e.g. aged Black Rebel's Autopolis and it doesn't contradict the track was worthy another try, which Maciej1 successfully did recently (as BR admitted himself btw). You should more distinguish random mocking from constructive criticism. I admit, both is here mixed in the thread, but on opposite I'd rather say, if something ridiculous may be found in this thread, it's also the part of some comments in style ''how dare you to say loudly, that Macej1 didn't do something superbly?''.