[cir] [rwl] Nasu Motor Sport Park

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Daro05

[cir] [rwl] Nasu Motor Sport Park

Post by Daro05 »

Hi people, i want to show you my newest project: Nasu Motor Sport Park
Unfortunately, the track is ugly but i hope that someone will like it :)
Have fun :bg:
Attachments
Nasu MSP.rar
(79.13 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
shot0000.png
DuklaLiberec

Re: [cir][rwl] Nasu Motor Sport Park

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I believe your track does not look as bad as you would think :D However, the forest around the circuit is somewhat not really my cup of tea (and perhaps not yours, either, that might be the reason why you don't like it), so I would reduce the number of trees a bit.

Anyway, no bad work at all. :star: 3,9/5
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

I would agree with DuklaLiberec about the forest perhaps being a bit too dense with too straight an edge.

I too reached a point in my trackmaking like this I think, looking back what I was doing wrong was over dithering, too much on the gravel traps, too much on the tarmac and sand. Reducing this may make you happier with your tracks. There is always a lot of emphasis on dithering to make your tracks look good which I found led to my tracks having far too much, look at Maciej's best tracks, he uses little dithering, but just enough where essential so it doesnt look like blocks of colour.

A couple of other tips. The gaps in the barriers on the longest straight are facing the wrong way, also when taking a screenshot, use F12 not F11 to get a screenshot that is the same as your PC resolution, then reduce the size to 800px in photoshop or gimp whilst mainting a high pixels-per-inch (I always use 150 rather than the default 72).

The track is good however, do not be downheartened!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I must say I like it a lot and don't think the dithering (fields, tarmac) here is too heavy or heavier than mentioned Maciej1 does (compared to e.g. Nueve de Julio; actually IMHO he was the one, who introduced systematic use of complex dithering textures into rwl tracks as more-or-less standard if compared to other rwl trackmasters like BR, AndHu, G. Kozma etc, previously it was rather characteristic of fic tracks like by Gr8player). Also the trees seemed to be less crowded in-game than expected from screenshot. Overall I think it's quite naturally looking landscape and quite amusing track, maybe somebody will miss some people here or there or pair of lmap cars in one of parkings, but no problem for me. :-)

5/5 :up:

Edit: @ Daro05, keep a gap between individual tags as Uploading handbook mentions, please. :cool:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

It is a good track. Bring more like this!

I am only missing some more info about the circuit. Where is it at, for what is it used, etc.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Tracvk very good but I would like see cars at parking and person objects.

@Black Rebel:
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Spacethingy

Re: [cir] [rwl] Nasu Motor Sport Park

Post by Spacethingy »

Pretty much what everyone else has said - beautiful track, but feels a bit un-lived-in - no people exact one stadium! The lmap is great - nice fields. The hmap makes quite a challenge too with the crests. :bg:

4.5/5 :blackfg: :blackfg: :blackfg: :blackfg: :blawhifg:
mikeact

Post by mikeact »

For that I cannot play with the track I her come out and cannot play
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ mikeact: Are you sure, you are using GeneRally 1.2c (latest version)? If not, download it. ;)