Vista + widescreen = Help?

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

Vista + widescreen = Help?

Post by Qurpiz »

Sooo, as the title says, I'm running Vista with a 16:9 (or whatever 1920x1080 is) screen, and haven't been able to run GR correctly. I can only get it to 640x480 and it's all stretched from the sides.

Egamad's thingy fixed the colors. The resolution and the stretching is still an issue.

Thanks for any attempt at help.
thegreatfalcon

Re: Vista + widescreen = Help?

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Qurpiz wrote:Sooo, as the title says, I'm running Vista with a 16:9 (or whatever 1920x1080 is) screen, and haven't been able to run GR correctly. I can only get it to 640x480 and it's all stretched from the sides.

Egamad's thingy fixed the colors. The resolution and the stretching is still an issue.

Thanks for any attempt at help.
It actually is 16:9 :nod: And I've heard something about putting your monitor to a certain mode where it does not stretch the image somewhere... If that helps...
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

try Virtual box, which also worked at a Vista PC... (http://www.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=205)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I've never worked out why people have problems with GR and Vista, I don't notice the stretching (as its always been like that for me) and I'm able to run up to 1280x960 (I think) without issue.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I had to switch in settings of my graph. card to keep 4:3 on my monitor :shrug:

I´d like to ask you if there is somekind of virtual box for XP because on my notebook I have better monitor connected but GR runs only at notebooks screen and not at that monitor :really: