[rwl] [cir] "New" Masaryk Circuit - Brno

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] "New" Masaryk Circuit - Brno

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello guys.

Now is the moment, when I finally finished and 'd like to release my own version of so-called "New" Masaryk Circuit (Nový Masarykův okruh, Neuer Masaryk-ring). I recall quite correctly, when I started this track, because BBA released his own very decent version only a week later (June 2009). :rofl: It obviously had pretty devastating impact on my working pace. :D Now in Decemeber, when I saw Areen's try, I got taste to continue, so I revised the wip and here the result is for my and also your pleasure. :) Unfortunately neither of those two mentioned versions (or even older Jimmy's) was somehow satisfying for me in relation to own experience and memories on the place, so that's why this try. The zip includes two trks, one with starting grid for cars (C) and one for motorbikes (M). Although the track is IMHO not one of the easier pieces, I hope you'll like it. And ...

:feedback:

And a bit of facts:
"New" Masaryk Circuit is located on South-Western edge of Brno (Moravia, Czech Republic) in the middle of forest surrounded by roads of ancient road circuit of the same name, which was used with modifications since 1930. Because of traffic difficulties and safety concerns, fourteen layouts of permanent track in the area were proposed since 1974 (only 1st and final proposal are publicly known), but the really serious effort began with relegation of Czechoslovak GP from World to European Road Motorcycling Championship for season 1983. Plans of primarily motorcycling track were finally completed and track was built also thanks to remarkable effort of local enthusiasts, who volunteered on the construction site in their spare time. New circuit was ready for season 1987, since then not only keeps solid place in the ''MotoGP'' calendar but also hosted various other international racing events (WSBK, World Sports Car Championship, FIA GT, DTM, WTCC, A1GP etc). The second equally important target was also fulfilled, in this new era of racing in Brno no fatal injury have occurred.

More stats about the track in comment inside trk.
Attachments
New Masaryk Circuit - Brno.jpg
New Masaryk Circuit - Brno.zip
(185.3 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Buka

Re: [rwl] [cir] "New" Masaryk Circuit - Brno

Post by Buka »

Fantastic track as always, Ivo. :bg: The AI line is smooth as silk and probably too good for usual GR player.

BTW, does your "new" remark mean you're making an "old" one too? :)
Areen

Post by Areen »

Much better than mine! Superb track, Ivo! :bg:
akouk

Post by akouk »

that's fantastic, lets set a bike race here :trampo:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for comments, guys. :bsmile:

Buka, the ''New'' is mainly there to give clear clue, which of those you'll find inside the thread, also the track is commonly mentioned in that extended fashion at least in Czech media etc, however it occurs less and less often as awareness about any older course slowly vanishes away among general public. But about GR, yes, I still keep a hope I'll finish once the oldest layout, however it's not a matter of foreseeable future. :-D

Some more ideas, impressions and opinions, please? :yummy:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Man, awesome! Personally, it is hard to decide for me whose version is the best - either BBA's or yours. I'll get my fingers crossed that you will finish the old circuit. :bg:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

You already know that I like this track :D Without a doubt, :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I remember the time you started making it :D. It's very nice track :bg:. It really resembles the original, well you've been there and it looks like that :D.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks, guys! :trampo:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Really nice! :bg: