[cir] Enu

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Snorxal

[cir] Enu

Post by Snorxal »

Well guys, here's my first upload Enu :D
Been working on it for a while (it happens when you got nothing else to do over summer holidays :P ), and I'm fairly happy with it myself (and the two short versions of the course), but I'm interested to hear what the rest of you think.
(Oh, and btw, that little spot of water in the middle is designed to be a pool/mini beach, which is handy to help spectators cool down on a hot summer day at the track :bsmile: )
Hope you guys like it :bg:
Attachments
[cir] Enu.zip
(56.21 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Enu Screenshot.png
ivaneurope

Re: [cir] Enu

Post by ivaneurope »

The layout is nice, but there are 2 fundamental flaws:
1.The kerbs look terrible. You should made them smaller in width.
2.I reconmend you to not use soft walls. It doesn't look good
The layout is great, but IMO because of the kerbs I'd give 3.5/5
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

In addition to Ivan's opinion:
- the scenery is kind of... messed up due to the somewhat illogical positioning of the office buildings and the weird placement of the surfaces for the run-off areas. :worried:
- writing on the track is not everyone's cup of tea, I believe you intended to place the circuit name somewhere, but personally, I am not really fond of it :|
- regarding the road, the width is quite unbalanced in some sections, e.g. the road of the straight at the left is apparently narrower than the first right-hand corner.
- moreover, the positioning of the stands is some sort of messy, and some of them, like one at the top and two at the bottom are (slightly) protruding out of the map, which appears in my eyes pretty bizarre. :o
- adding grass and palms between the pitlane and the grandstands seems illogical to me - like the office buildings I have mentioned earlier on.

I have to consider it is your very first track released here, though, thus I am tolerant with my rating: 3/5 :star:

You can check the tutorials section in the forum to look for tips if it helps you ;)
Last edited by DuklaLiberec on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
puttz

Post by puttz »

I disagree with the soft walls thing here, it seems like some people automatically see soft walls and say "ugly" without considering how they actually look. If used well, they can look quite good, and I think they were put to good use here, it doesn't looks bad to my eye.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

puttz wrote:I disagree with the soft walls thing here, it seems like some people automatically see soft walls and say "ugly" without considering how they actually look. If used well, they can look quite good, and I think they were put to good use here, it doesn't looks bad to my eye.
The soft walls actually don't look bad to me, either. ;) Not excellent, but also not horrible. :bg:
Snorxal

Post by Snorxal »

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll try to keep this stuff in mind for the future :bg: