[stc] Silhouette City

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Silhouette City

Post by TuomoH »

Silhouette City is a short fast and tight street course with a low POV and night effect. It's been designed as full screen for 4:3 resolutions but I've also included a 16:9 POV which unfortunately doesn't preserve my full vision. Use Formula.

As usual, feel free to comment and criticize. :cool2:
Attachments
silhouette.jpg
silhouette.zip
(55.06 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Buka

Re: [stc] Silhouette City

Post by Buka »

This is awesome. :bg: Very difficult track due to low PoV, but very interesting to race. And the night city... WOW! :bowdown: This is one of the best track of yours, IMO.

But I have also some things to criticize:
- I would prefer anticlockwise direction: it would be easier when racing with AIs.
- the 'building' in the third curve blocks the braking point. this track isn't easy itself as I mentioned above and I don't think you needed to make it harder
- and why so many mechanics in pits? for better looking?

Anyway, cons are miserable comparing to the brilliance of the track. Great job. :clap:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Buka wrote:This is awesome. :bg: Very difficult track due to low PoV, but very interesting to race. And the night city... WOW! :bowdown: This is one of the best track of yours, IMO.
I totally agree with Buka. How do you do it? I am a little bit disappointed, that we don't have this smile. :awesome:
5/5* and :tom: nominate.
Btw. Generally is NOT msPaint :D Are you artist?
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I had to think for a moment if you were using a night pallete or something. The background is very clever :)

Is it the best circuit to race? Probably not with that POV but I'm certain you get used to it later. I have to agree with Buka about that building on the corner or rather, both the buildings in the centre. I understand its for the city effect but they do get in the way. I can see though that you carefully placed them to be before the corner rather than on it.

:up: Great work as always.
View my archived circuits/cars here
ACM

Post by ACM »

This is quite possibly the best concept track I've ever seen. :up:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

The buildings look quite bizarre, and kind of artificial, but they give you an adequate and amazing feeling to the atmosphere. Besides, your track is imho more suitable for capturing eye-candy screenshots than proper racing, probably even an ideal one due to the scenery and PoV. :cool:

All in all, keep it up. :up:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, mates. :goodvibes:
Buka wrote:- I would prefer anticlockwise direction: it would be easier when racing with AIs.
- the 'building' in the third curve blocks the braking point. this track isn't easy itself as I mentioned above and I don't think you needed to make it harder
Hmm, I through about anticlockwise at some point but it was before I had settled with this layout. It's for artistic reasons mostly but you might be right. Then again, in that direction we would again have a building blocking the braking point for the third corner. :D
Buka wrote:- and why so many mechanics in pits? for better looking?
Yes. I thought that just one pit crew looked dull with such a low POV.
Crowella wrote:I had to think for a moment if you were using a night pallete or something. The background is very clever :)
That's nice to hear, tells me that I really succeeded with what I was trying to achieve. :)
Crowella wrote: I have to agree with Buka about that building on the corner or rather, both the buildings in the centre. I understand its for the city effect but they do get in the way. I can see though that you carefully placed them to be before the corner rather than on it.
Yeah, I know they block a lot but as you said, I was careful with showing what I thought is enough. And the main idea was to have them blocking the way anyway. :D
ACM wrote:This is quite possibly the best concept track I've ever seen. :up:
Wow, that makes me humble. :shy: Thank you very much!
DuklaLiberec wrote:The buildings look quite bizarre, and kind of artificial, but they give you an adequate and amazing feeling to the atmosphere.
I was aiming for making them look like movie props in a certain artificial way so I guess I succeeded in that. :D

More opinions?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

TuomoH wrote:Yes. I thought that just one pit crew looked dull with such a low POV.
I thought you did so to repel us from going wide off the track in exit of the hairpin. :D
Buka wrote:- the 'building' in the third curve blocks the braking point. this track isn't easy itself as I mentioned above and I don't think you needed to make it harder
I like the approach, which Toumo used, not only visual scene, but also something to interact with gameplay itself. :bsmile: Also without these tiny traps the layout would be soon too boring IMHO. :yummy:

Overall: :bowdown: .
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, Ivo. :)
Trigger Happy wrote:
TuomoH wrote:Yes. I thought that just one pit crew looked dull with such a low POV.
I thought you did so to repel us from going wide off the track in exit of the hairpin. :D
Actually I originally had the pit crews closer to the track but moved them further to give a bit more space there. ;)
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Awesome concept! Difficult to drive but (like I just said in a response to a different track) I thought I'd seen it all ;)

Shame my zoom doesn't work (no idea why), so I unfortunately can't really experience it like it was intended.
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, nielske. :) Wonder what's wrong with the zoom. :scratch:

Still something else?
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

One of those "difficult to master" tracks! Racing againts Ai couses headache! :ill: Driving in the upper section is kinda frustrating, but when you show up at the end of the street and jumd a little because of the little bump... It feels so relaxing! Very original and it's fun to drive on! I would only change the landmap next to the road. But that's just nitpicking. Awesome work, TuomoH! :bg:
:star:5/5 :star:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§