G-TRACKS Discussion thread

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Please use this thread to talk about the GTRACKS thread, if you spot a mistake for instance or something that i have missed, alternatively you can PM me!

You can get to the GTracks thread here

Most of the tracks in the GTRACKS thread are a bit unavailable at the moment, but Ivo asked me to upload it, and i was planning to do so anyway, and i can make updates bit by bit as the restore forum is updated which is easier for me ;)

Cheers, BBA!
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thegreatfalcon

Re: G-TRACKS Discussion thread

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Just a minor (stupid) thing: Could you write "Montreal" without accent please... Looks really better :bg: And if anyone got my St-Eustache would be really cool to re-up...
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

The Great Falcon wrote:And if anyone got my St-Eustache would be really cool to re-up...
Just by yourself, sir... :D
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

DXTR wrote:
The Great Falcon wrote:And if anyone got my St-Eustache would be really cool to re-up...
Just by yourself, sir... :D
Thanks to hangman who send by e-mail so I had to re-up myself :P http://gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?p=3547#p3547
Halama

Post by Halama »

If you have tracks RWL then I can send it to Bouncebackability, or make new topics?
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Halama wrote:If you have tracks RWL then I can send it to Bouncebackability, or make new topics?
you still make new topics for your rwl tracks, just like any other track.

gtracks is just there to make it easier if you are looking for a specific real life track made by someone else. hope this helps.
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

BBA, I'd like to make a proposal:

Please insert a link to the Gtracks-thread in your first post here, because in the main tracks-subforum, the two Gtracks-threads aren't always next to each other.
Often enough, there are a lots of other posts between them, causing unnecessary searching.
The same goes for a link in the Gtracks post, linking tho this one here. :D

The best thing would be to make 'em both sticky, what do the mods think about it? :shrug:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Will not be directly sticky. We try to have as less stickies as possible (about 5 is my wish), we don't have enough rwl on forum to worth IMHO. And in fact both topics already are in stickies: Links to some important, but non-sticky topics. ;)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

ive added the link, although i thought id done that already, i certainly did it in the other thread :doh:

also il add a link in my signature.
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Thanx BBA!

@Ivo: I can understand you want as less stickies as possible.
I also understand that you don't want to make this one stickied, because there aren't enough RWL tracks here.
But why did you ask BBA to upload it here then?
Maybe for the future to come? :D
Last edited by The lost Ninja on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

It wasn't sticky on RSC too, so I don't understand, what is problem. And as I said, in fact it is sticky. :shrug:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

well i was going to upload it here before Ivo asked me, but thats not really the point, technically it is stickied as its in the stickied thread 'Links to some important, but non-sticky topics', without that thread you would have to go down half the page to get to the 1st non-sticky thread... i see why its done that way, but i do see your point to TLN... :shrug:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Anyway I'm thinking on a subsection for reallife tracks... Nothing's sure yet, but that could be still possible, but after discussions only...
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

What about more subsections? Off-road etc? Not sure if is necessary, but :shrug:
Paw

Post by Paw »

I think, that making more sections for track type may be problematic, because where would you post your road track with other layout going through muddy forest road? In 'road' section or 'rally'? But 'rwl' is okay for me as it's quite obvious.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Paw wrote:I think, that making more sections for track type may be problematic, because where would you post your road track with other layout going through muddy forest road? In 'road' section or 'rally'? But 'rwl' is okay for me as it's quite obvious.
I agree with Paw. But it won't be necessary for the cars section in example since there's not much traffic there... Good idea, do it now! :D
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

Just discovered a small mistake in typing namely the Swedish circuit of Linkpoing should be Linköping as can be seen here
http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/Europe/S ... oping.html

With regards, CaLu.

PS: I think you should use all the accents etc. because it's something lingual and clarifies the pronouncuation.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

changed the name, thanks :bg:

also updated a few other things i forgot to do :doh:
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

Just scrolled through the G-tracks thread again and I must say that there's a lot of circuits missing... I know I stated this on RSC before but I think we should use more sites which contain databases of real life circuits i.e. Motor Racing Circuits Database http://theracingline.net/racingcircuits/racingcircuits/. The problem with this kind of websites is that they seem to go defunct like there's no tomorrow... As both E-tracks and the here above mentioned website are both defunct nowadays.

Perhaps it is an idea that one of us goes searching with Google Maps or something similair for circuits and post them on a website of his / her own. That it keeps updated and not going defunct.

Greetz, CaLu.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The G-Tracks list is list of GR-done tracks + only most important tracks from missing tracks - otherwise it would be endless - check as source http://www.gdecarli.it/ or http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/. Thousands of tracks and many additional info. :twisted:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

im well aware that many tracks are missing, however of course none of these missing tracks have been made in GR yet. when they are made i add them too the list, otherwise as Ivo said the list would be endless.

however i am having a thought wether to look at the italian forum, and german etc etc to see if there are any that can be added to the list and create a universal g-tracks. any thoughts, is it worth it?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

It would be little bit messy - now we have - Available tracks, Available at ToM, Lost tracks and now to add the the minor forums? Mess. Maybe to make independent lists in one topic - ToM's rwl, GRITA's, GRFF's, Lost at RSC etc etc. :scratch:

I must say I rarely found an interesting rwl on national forums - obviously there are well known tracks only (F1 obviously) and I already had them in equally-good or better version from RSC, obviously they are now at ToM, but not all of them, so it could worth.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

well actually i was just thinkin of adding the creators names like i do now.
Are there similar things to gtracks on other sites?
Although i understand how it could be a bit overcrowded, also same people have different usernames on different forums. it was just a thought....
Paw

Post by Paw »

Imo most of the best quality tracks are here, so no need to link to other forums. We should encourage them to come here instead.
jotb

Post by jotb »

Hi there :wave:

you still can find my tracks (including Dijon-Prenois and Fiorano) on my old web site : http://jotb.free.fr.