New World Tour Track Project

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
puttz

New World Tour Track Project

Post by puttz »

Hello, fellow GR players! I have decided to start a new kind of track creation project in the spirit of UOTP, but with a different objective. In this project, we will create tracks for countries that didn't have a track in the original game, or create some different tracks for some of the countries. Also, it might be allowed to create a track from a city or state/province, like if you want to create a GR-stylized version of a real track, for example, but there will be a maximum of 2 tracks from the same country regardless of if they are designated as a city or state/province. The goal is to create between 10-15 tracks which will then be bundled into a single pack and released into a thread for the NWTP tracks. I will keep a running list of tracks that are up for consideration, and anyone who has signed up to do a specific track. Anyone can suggest a country for a track, or a circuit to base the track off of. You may only sign up to do a track that is listed here in the first post. I may remove some that don't seem to have any interest as other people suggest additional countries. Further rules below:

Rules
1.Track specifications
1.1 Tracks should be a [cir], [stc], or [roa] track.
1.2 Can be made with any version of GR, 1.2c is preferred, but any other version is okay.
1.3 Should have a worldsize between 120 and 200.
1.4 They don't have to be too fancy, something done after the original GR style is accaptable, but Trackmaster quality tracks are also welcome. Anyone from a total newbie to Trackmasters are welcome.
1.4a I (puttz) reserve the right to deny a track due to very low visual quality. Spend some time making it look good, don't slap something together in TE in 5 minutes and expect me to accept it. As long as you put good effort into a track, it will be accepted.
1.4b Also, try to make it somewhat feasible. I reserve the right to refuse any track that is not at least somewhat feasible as a real track. For example, don't make a track with jumps, please (e.g. Italy from the original world tour. Don't do that). These are supposed to be like GR versions of tracks you might find in a real life racing series. But of course playing around with the hmap is acceptable and encouraged :bg:

1.5 Any theme is acceptable as long as the track would fall into the categories listed in 1.1.
1.6 All tracks must have pitmen.
1.7 Some tracks may be based of off real circuits, or combinations of circuits from that country.
1.8 You can also create a track that is not based on a real circuit, just make something that represents the country.

2. Project Rules
2.1 You must book a track before beginning work on it. Tracks that are not requested and confirmed as booked will not be considered for the final pack. A tracks is confirmed as booked if your name is listed next to the track in this post.
2.2 You should try to complete a track within a month of booking it. I will be a lenient with this limit, however.
2.3 You must release the track in this thread, don't release it in it's own thread.
2.4 There will be a maximum of 3 tracks booked for any one location. If you lose your booking, someone else may take your place.
2.5 A track maker may book a maximum of 2 tracks at the same time.

3. Release Pack Rules
3.1 The final pack will have no more than 2 tracks representing a single country, even if they are supposed to be for a city in that country.
3.2 If there is more than 1 version of a track for a location, the forum members will vote for which track to include in the pack. In this case, a person may vote for only 1 track.
3.3 In the same manner, the forum members will vote for which tracks to include in the event there are more than 2 tracks located in a single country. In this case, a person may vote for two tracks, but the two votes must be from different locations.
3.4 Authors may not vote for their own tracks in the event of a vote.
If there are any questions, ask away. I'm sure there are details that I missed :roll: I'm hoping to get some interest in this project, so go ahead and join. Feel free to suggest a country/place that I may have missed :bg: I'm trying to at least get tracks for countries that are high in GWR, and also that there are a lot of people from on the forum.

Volume 1
Full pack available here.
Argentina- 1.Dragon
Australia (new version)- 1.puttz 2.aussie_generallier
Austria- 1.Trigger Happy
Brazil (new version)- 1.Cocney
Croatia- 1.cocney
Hungary- 1.andrew2209
Italy (new version)- 1.Ol7hYa
Netherlands- 1.WouterVL/puttz
Slovakia- 1.eMeR
Spain- 1.AeroWiewiur

Bookings for Volume 2
China- 1.cocney
Czech Republic- 1.sartalas
Great Britain- 1.marinator
Greece- 1.np2003
India- 1.Spacethingy
Monaco- 1.Rendy
Poland- 1.Milek
Russia-
Saudi Arabia- 1.puttz
South Africa- 1.YoNnie
Last edited by puttz on Sat May 10, 2014 1:58 am, edited 37 times in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
MercyMurcie

Re: New World Tour Track Project

Post by MercyMurcie »

So, if I can make any country, can I make Monaco? (Not the circuit, the place.) Is that a country actually? or is it a city?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sure, I'll put it in the bookings :bg: I think Monaco is the country, but any way, doesn't matter, it fits the project.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Monaco is a principality, not a real country...
I like the project, i had some plans for making tracks on some of these places, but very vintage like, and the WS would be 200... the WS200 part dont fit the project though...
cocney

Post by cocney »

You destroyed my 500th post!! I wanted to release my river battle as that post but I couldn't resist.
Book me for Croatia.
I really like this concept. It should attract some people that aren't very good at trackmaking.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Can I book Czech Republic? Or if Trigger Happy or Mad Dan want to do it too, I can make Slovakia.
Last edited by FRUKIScze on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Otto Wilson wrote:Monaco is a principality, not a real country...
Monaco is independent therefore a real country.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I wouldn't mind doing Great Britain. I like my airfield circuits. ;)
View my archived circuits/cars here
puttz

Post by puttz »

Great! I'll get bookings updated later today, but consider all requests as confirmed :bg:
@cocney: That was part of the idea of this project, I figured that the lesser trackmakers would be attracted to this project more so than veteran trackmakers, thus giving them a chance to show their stuff.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MercyMurcie

Post by MercyMurcie »

Awesome, I can start this weekend :)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

I really hope, puttz, you can defend your decision to leave out Hungary from New World Tour Project... :angrywait:

joking :jester:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
puttz

Post by puttz »

Herbal wrote:I really hope, puttz, you can defend your decision to leave out Hungary from New World Tour Project... :angrywait:

joking :jester:
I just knew I was missing something :hide: I'll add it to the list.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

While I have no time at the moment to make tracks, and wont participate right now, what made you choose the countries you did? I thought the purpose was to add to the list we already have, yet some are repeated like Australia, Canada, USA...?

Just my :2c:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Bouncebackability wrote:While I have no time at the moment to make tracks, and wont participate right now, what made you choose the countries you did? I thought the purpose was to add to the list we already have, yet some are repeated like Australia, Canada, USA...?

Just my :2c:
The reason for the repeats is to give some less odd tracks to that country, such as with Italy which really made no sense with the giant jump and didn't seem to have any reason to be located in Italy, could have been anywhere on the globe. Brazil and Australia for similar reasons (so that they can have a more normal circuit). USA and France are a bit questionable, I may remove those since they already have decent tracks in the original game, although it might be nice to have tracks that are a little different for those countries.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

I was checking the forums on my PSVita yesterday (mods, please update everything so that all the buttons are zoomed in pls? I hate having to zoom in constantly to check a link). SURE IM BOOKING NETHERLANDS!!!!!!!

Also, does it have to be in GR style or can it be anything? I mean, it's still the World Tour...
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
puttz

Post by puttz »

The rules for tracks are in the first post inside the spoiler. I think you will find what you need to know there :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by CamrosX »

I want Germany please! I have a few ideas :misch:
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
puttz

Post by puttz »

Hmm, I'm having a hard time deciding whether a new Germany track fits in this project. There is already a good track for Germany in the game, and the idea is to create tracks for countries that either didn't have one or had weird/strange layouts. Would you be able to make your ideas work in some other country? Maybe one that isn't on the list in the first post yet?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Can I take Poland? :)
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

Sorry for editing so often, :sorry: is that I saw after commenting rules. :bsmile: I have many ideas for a track in Italy! I can not register for Italy? Please :bsmile: :bsmile:
Sorry for my bad english!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

puttz wrote:The reason for the repeats is to give some less odd tracks to that country ...
Or you simply didn't understand the idea/inspiration, for example when you talk about Montreal, the WT Canada is somewhat resembling rather Mosport or maybe St. Jovite a bit too (both are previous hosts of Canadian GP). Similarly France, which was famous for road courses. It's not very clear to me, why a karting track on parking lot sounds you as odd idea for Brazil? I feel it quite OK. And what's the idea behind italy, I'm personally not sure, if idea of similar nature or something entirely different, but it's there, so why not, since when odd is equal to bad? ;)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

I agree ivo, while Australia, italy and brazil are odd, I think these should be in addition to the existing, Egypt would be another example yet hasn't been included in the list?
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by CamrosX »

puttz wrote:Hmm, I'm having a hard time deciding whether a new Germany track fits in this project. There is already a good track for Germany in the game, and the idea is to create tracks for countries that either didn't have one or had weird/strange layouts. Would you be able to make your ideas work in some other country? Maybe one that isn't on the list in the first post yet?

Fine! ...Luxembourg :haha:
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
puttz

Post by puttz »

Well, okay, maybe odd is the wrong word :sweatdrop: I was thinking more along the lines of getting tracks that you might see in a racing series such as F1 or a touring or GT championship. I didn't include Egypt because there aren't any Egyptian members of the forum afaik, and I don't really think it could be considered as a major racing country, either. After reconsidering, I took out France, the US, and Montreal because, like you said Ivo, there are already tracks that were inspired by other famous tracks in those respective countries.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by CamrosX »

Or how about nothing? I heard Nothingland is nice this time of year. :vsad: