[cir] Kirkby

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Kirkby

Post by Dragon »

Hi all! :wave: Here's my newest track!
As I already showed in the Track Ideas, W.I.P. Previews and Teasers thread, it's a "chibi" version of Mallory Park.
I was inspired by Bro's Hatch, Salzburger, Zandfaart, Minza, Little Melbourne, Prejon-Dinois so I decided to make this track keeping only the original layout and make everything else fictional (although there may be similarities with the rwl). :D
There are two version of the track, the normal and the oval one. :)
I hope you like it, enjoy and please leave a comment! :bg:
Attachments
Kirkby.zip
(92.75 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
kirkby.png
Martyn

Re: [cir] Kirkby

Post by Martyn »

Looks awesome, will test later.

Anyone in the UK might want to look at this link. It's a petition to stop the closure of the track this is based on http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I really like this circuit. Nice and simple, quite a lot of fun. The scenery is really nice and what you did with the wall in the hairpin corner looks very clever. I can't say too much more than that. Great job :)
View my archived circuits/cars here
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

:iagree:

This is perfect! :banana:
Shame you're the only one in presence, who at least a bit regularly makes some fictional or (semi-fic like this) smaller ovals. :drive:

BTW Martyn, the petition seems to be closed 3 days ago unfortunately. :worried:
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank everyone for the comments. :)
Trigger Happy wrote:Shame you're the only one in presence, who at least a bit regularly makes some fictional or (semi-fic like this) smaller ovals. :drive:
I noticied it, maybe it's for this reason that my tracks aren't popular as longer [rwl]/[ral] tracks, but I prefer to create smaller circuits because they give me more satisfaction in creating and driving them. ;)
Do you have any advice on some circuit to be remake in a mini/chibi style?
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Despite not being a [mic], your track does remind me of some mini-/chibi-ish characteristics, possibly due to the quite generous road width. ;) I also like the nice and neat atmosphere, so therefore your circuit is (imo) certainly worth to check out. :bg:
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you DuklaLiberec for the comment. :)
Any other comment or advice?
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

This one looks nice, it has its own style :). I might try to do a tiny RWL too :). It could be interesting type of track to do.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you Mad Dan, glad you like it. :) There aren't many "mini" rwls so I hope you can also make this type of tracks. ;)
Any other opinion or suggestion?
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

Simply wonderful. I like those small chibbie tracks a lot more, because you can see the cars better, its great fun to drive and it fits the GeneRally style of "small racing" :) I like those a lot more than real life circuits where the cars are hard to see. Great track!
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you NICO1, glad you like it. :)
I'm thinking of making other tracks in this style, any suggestions on which circuit do?