[rwl] [cir] Manfeild Autocourse

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Manfeild Autocourse

Post by XYY »

Hi all :wave: ,
I've finished another real-world circuit: Manfeild Autocourse is one of the most famous race tracks from New Zealand. There are three possible layouts, of which the international layout is the most commonly used one. The other layouts are also included. This is my longest track ever. In its longest configuration it's 1319 GRm :D And the Driver Training circuit makes a nice fullscreen track (on all resolutions except 16:9 ones). For better racing I added a fictional pitroad there :)

This track was started somewhere mid-2012 IIRC, but I'm happy to have it finished now (for me it's still quite a short building time :mrgreen: . Thanks to following testers who spot some mistakes and gave me some helpful tips: BBA, Emil the ZZW, Crowella, Black Rebel and Trigger Happy (I hope I didn't forget any :taped: ).
Have fun and please leave a comment :yummy:
manfeild.png
Two more pictures in the spoiler:
[attachment=1]manfeild_int.png[/attachment]
[attachment=2]manfeild_dt.png[/attachment]
Attachments
manfeild_int.png
manfeild_dt.png
Manfeild.zip
(188.78 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Kikwik

Re: [rwl] [cir] Manfeild Autocourse

Post by Kikwik »

Great track, as usual ! :bg:
If this circuit is in New Zealand, where are the kiwis ? :D
And there is a little RC circuit at the left ! Many details on the grass, very good !
It's looks a little empty but some tracks are like this in real world so... :|

One question, since how long do you make tracks for Generally ? (I'm not sure if this sentence is in an appropriate english...)
Because I see you upload tracks regularly like others and you don't let it down.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for your commment ;)
There are no kiwis, but I could at least have placed sheep on the grass areas in top left :D
Well, this one looks quite empty in reallife too. Just take a look at this photo.

I started trackmaking in 2007. Back then I only made TE tracks which basically sucked :D My first tracks with help of external editors were made in 2008 (they remain unreleased) and my first more professional tracks were made in mid-2009. You can find them on planetgenerally.de. :)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Well, this one looks quite empty in reallife too. Just take a look at this photo.
Wow, ok it's really empty ! :rofl:

And you make tracks since 2007 ? It's impressive, 6 years of trackmaking ! :o
Keep up the good work and yes I know planetgenerally.de, I go sometimes and found several very interesting tracks ! Thanks anyway ! ;)

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

It's really great track. It's empty, but it is OK, because it's empty in Real world too. Upper part of track remind me RallyX track Sosnova, which i want to make to Generally. :scared:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

I don´t think a real life circuit can get much better than this. 10/10
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Guys above (except BR), I must say I don't understand, why empty. Here the place is supposed to represent something (grass) so it isn't empty IMHO, empty (at least for me) is when an area of map is left/ignored/abandoned with no sense/care/idea/purpose/function (sorry, I'm not sure how to define it precisely). Often a texture (even simply a plain one) may be enough, track doesn't need to be stuffed by objects to be ''full'', XYY even made very nice texture of grass to point out the genius loci. :shrug:

BTW perfect work in pit line entrance, XYY. :up:

5/5 :bowdown:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for your comments, FRUKIS, BR and TH :)
I'm glad that you like it a lot. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it too. :cool2:

Talking about the emptiness, of course this track is not crowded by objects, but as Ivo said, I tried to fill it up with a nice texture. I think it looks quite good in the end :goal:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

You misunderstand us I think, we are not bothered by the emptiness, don't worry ! It's the fact that most of real tracks are empty but it's normal. And like I said and like you said, you made a great work on dithering with the grass.
So again, don't worry about it ! ;)