[tou] Prospect.R

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Rendy

[tou] Prospect.R

Post by Rendy »

Because I've made a new track, I've made a new car as well to signify my return to the world of stuff-making in GR! :)

...but enough with my self-exposition already, because my new car is in the way!
PROSPECT.R
Prototype Sportscar Project Type-R
This car is heavily influenced by Formule France (just google it, but trust me, you will find NO English results of it, if they are, they might be irrelevant/obscure...), having a sporty and streamline design, but this car is more inspired by Ford Puma. This car is also a different car of its kind as it is powered by a very powerful electric engine to ensure that the car not only is compete-able on circuits, but also ensures that it's eco-friendly, Though eco-friendly, its performance, amazingly, isn't degraded. The car is able to rev up to 10,000rpm, and is fitted with 4-gears transmission (the options here are H-Shifter like that of some arcade racing games or a convenient Sequential Shifter. Either way, it doesn't affect performance).

TECHNICAL DATA
Dimensions (LxHxW): 3,70m x 1,75m x 2,22m
Weight: 580kg
Top Speed: 225kmh / 10,000rpm (0-100kmh: 4,1 seconds)
Transmission: 4-Speed Sequential/H-Shifter Manual Transmission
Engine: PROSPECT-XXXG01 Electric Machine (replaces Ford Puma's original engine)

Side note: This car is also heavily inspired by Masa's cars. I'm happy that Masa's creativity is contagious and infects me that I created a car influenced by both his Chibi cars he recently made and Formule France :D

Part of Rally The Master project...

Enjoy the car! :drive:
newcar.png
Attachments
ProspectR-v2.zip
Now with correct lighting! Please DL for your pleasure!
(1016 Bytes) Downloaded 295 times
Last edited by Rendy on Wed May 08, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Rendy

Re: [tou] Prospect.R

Post by Rendy »

Any comments?

Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Looks good to me, although having the headlights be the same colour as the grille strikes me as odd. Definitely a hint of 370Z and the Puma about this.
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Very cool model design. I like the front bumper and the side air-intakes. Maybe the midship Eegine layout. :D

But I thought, its car wants another two pieces of polygons, because for headlights. (40 + 2 polys needed :weep: )

p.s. You should click "Normals" (the switch). It sticks to "the 3D display of the Edit Model" ;)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

^ Thanks Luke and Masa.

I spent all the polies for the rear wing alone and I had to sacrifice the headlights, but it's okay though since I had to make it look like a Formule France car. (Actually there are more models than Puma, but I'm intrigued at the Puma models), hence the air intakes on both sides. Glad you liked it :bg:

Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Updated the car! (Now that I've used the Normals function...) :D

Rendy

[tou] Prospect.R - Road Version

Post by Rendy »

The road version of Prospect.R is created after a good reception of the public ever since the car is used in Rally The Master project. Its F2 kit car-like performance behind its exclusively-tailored electric engine of PROSPECT-XXXG01 has lead a new development of the coupe car, with [R]Garage planning to make its road-going version. The same time they try tailoring the car to the public's needs, [R]Garage carefully considered the choice of either emphasizing the performance that they had to make the car accelerate as fast as the competition spec has or emphasizing the "eco-friendly" driving so the car's electric power can last longer for long-distance driving.

Enter the road-going version, a road-friendly car with even more capacity of electric power for longer driving needs and a performance that matches both Tesla Roadster S and Citroen Xsara. The road version has 390 bhp of electric motor and a one-speed transmission. Despite its less power against Tesla Roadster models, its lightweight nature convinces the car to be in the equal footing with Tesla, despite having different drivetrain layouts. The RG-EXL39 engine developed with [R]Garage proved to be a good success after countless trial and error. The engine also comes with 85 kWh Lithium Ion battery found in the higher-spec Tesla, with the driving range up to 495 km.

TECHNICAL DATA
Dimensions (LxHxW): 3,70m x 1,75m x 2,22m
Weight: 1880 kg
Max Power: 390 bhp @ 8,000 rpm
Max Torque: 325 lb-ft (440 Nm)
Top Speed: 194 kmh
Transmission: 1-speed fixed gear
Engine: RG-EXL39 Electric Machine (includes 85 kWh), runs up to 495 km

Long time no update, but somehow I have an urge to release a road-going version... -_-
Attachments
roadgoingprospect.png
ProspectR-roadspec.zip
(996 Bytes) Downloaded 243 times