[ovl] [for] Cute Series by Haruna (GeneRally-style cars)

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

[ovl] [for] Cute Series by Haruna (GeneRally-style cars)

Post by Haruna »

After seeing Masa make a plethora of cute WRC and road cars, I felt a strong urge to make "cute-size" cars of my own.
I played a bit too much Heat Online, so this set of cars is primarily oval-focused.

Post 1: Thunder Alley Cute Series - Download

1970 Scarlet Devil Motors Stirge (Thunder Alley Rookie Racer)
cs-ta-rookie.png
cs-ta-rookie.png (2.9 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
This is a fairly standard stock car from the 70's. Under the hood of its steel body is a small-block V8, making 425 horsepower. Despite being basically an old muscle car with safety equipment, the Stirge is a fairly predictable car most at home on short ovals or small circuits.

Specs and Stats:
Type: Class 3 Race (RWD)
Power: 425 bhp
Weight: 1260 kilograms
Turn-in: Mild Understeer
Corner Exit: Mild Oversteer
Downforce: Least
Pro tip: The Stirge is fairly slow to get up to speed; run those turns as wide as possible and let the engine roar. Momentum is key to success in this car. Try not to trade paint too often as even with damage off, you'll still kill your momentum crashing into other cars.
1976 Scarlet Devil Race Works Modded Shorty (Thunder Alley Semi-Pro Racer)
cs-ta-semipro.png
cs-ta-semipro.png (2.88 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
The Stirge's bigger brother. With 600 horses on tap (also from a small-block V8), the Modded Shorty is hardly short on power. Its massive tires make the Shorty grip the road immensely, and it also has a fair bit of downforce for high-speed road racing.

Specs and Stats:
Type: Class 4 Race (RWD)
Power: 600 bhp
Weight: 1180 kilograms
Turn-in: Moderate Understeer
Corner Exit: Neutral
Downforce: Lesser
Pro tip: As with the Stirge, use wide lines to maintain speed through corners. Although the car is a bit more powerful and a bit lighter, it still punishes you heavily for losing too much momentum.
2010 Gensokyo Motors Yukkuri Pick-Up (Thunder Alley Pro Racer)
cs-ta-pro.png
cs-ta-pro.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
Now we're talking serious. 850 horsepower and a curb weight that makes GT cars anorexic in comparison. The phrase, "Take it slowly" has never been more apt for a race car than this one; with the most severe understeer of all the Thunder Alley Cute Series cars, you will need to take corners with great caution, lest you end up in the wall. Needless to say, its habitat tends to be large ovals and the fastest, biggest circuits.

Specs and Stats:
Type: Class 5 Race (RWD)
Power: 850 bhp
Weight: 1450 kilograms
Turn-in: Moderate Understeer
Corner Exit: Mild Oversteer
Downforce: Lesser
Pro tip: The understeer is obviously somewhat bad; but the car is also very good at holding its line. Commit to a driving line ahead of time and make overtaking moves exactly timed and precisely spaced.
2013 Moon Motors NECO-ARC CHAOS! (Generation 6 Thunder Alley All-Star Racer)
cs-ta-allstar.png
cs-ta-allstar.png (2.89 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
Ignore the fact that this car resembles a super-deformed cat boy. Underneath its adorable appearance lies the ultimate stock car for just about any tarmac-based application; short ovals, big ovals, road courses, street courses, circuits of all shapes and sizes... this sixth-generation Thunder Alley Cute Series racer can race there. It has a twin-turbocharged big-block V8 making 1250 horsepower, enough power to propel this cat-shaped network of tubes and sheet metal to speeds of over 310 kilometers per hour!

Specs and Stats:
Type: Class 6 Race (RWD)
Power: 1250 horsepower
Weight: 1450 kilograms
Turn-in: Neutral
Corner Exit: Major Oversteer
Downforce: Medium
Pro tip: Even though the Neco-Arc has super sticky tires and a lot of downforce for a stock car, it has a staggering amount of horsepower! Keep sliding to an absolute minimum on hairpins and other low-speed corner sections, or you'll burn the tires.
2000 Scarlet Devil Race Works Lightning (Ultimate Thunder Alley Racer)
cs-ta-ultimate.png
cs-ta-ultimate.png (2.47 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
The greatest deity of Thunder Alley. With 1350 horsepower, under half the Neco-Arc Chaos G6's weight, and a top speed of 360 km/h, the Lightning is truly the ultimate cute-sized oval racing car.

Specs and Stats:
Type: Class 8 Race (RWD)
Power: 1350 horsepower
Weight: 710 kilograms
Turn-in: Very Minor Understeer
Corner Exit: Moderate Oversteer
Downforce: Greatest
Pro tip: The Lightning is insanely fast! There's no need to drive this car at 110 percent, so curb your instinct to go faster until you know the car's full capabilities!
Some notes:
Class is a general indicator of a car's performance. There are 10 classes, ranging from 1 to 10 (10 being called "X" in the car files and the Stats above). 1 is the slowest class of cars.
There are four categories a car may fall into as well, they are: Street, Race, Off-Road, and Insane.
Download
Done to get around the arbitrary 5-files-per-post limit :/
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
puttz

Re: [ovl] [for] Cute Series by Haruna (GeneRally-style cars)

Post by puttz »

You could just post the zip(s) in a separate post :shy:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

I tried that and it doesn't work.

Can we have comments on the CARS, please?
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Haruna wrote:Can we have comments on the CARS, please?
:D

They're great. Stirge and Shorty gets my heart! I'll try 'em soon
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
puttz

Post by puttz »

The x and z values appear to need a little bit of adjustment- the cars can partially drive through each other! :shock:

And also, the Lightning is crazy!! Super fast and grippy. Driving around small ovals is like watching a clothes dryer spin :rofl:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Haruna wrote:I tried that and it doesn't work.

Can we have comments on the CARS, please?
Cars look really nice, but haven't tested on track (will do).

But more clever idea is to upload here the zip and elsewhere some of those pics (if you really need each of them a separate 200x200px one), because those are the expendable. :shhh: Or to wait 15 mins and then you could post a reply bellow the post. :)