[stc] [oth] Cilandak Town Square

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Rendy

[stc] [oth] Cilandak Town Square

Post by Rendy »

The first in GeneRally tracks innovation: [Inside the] Mall racing!

Yup, you're seeing the new generation of a GR track. A track loosely based on one of the shopping malls I visit. The only times I visit them is to play some arcade games, including the one whose name I already mentioned in several posts way back on certain threads, checking whether there are Gundam kits / Kamen Rider belts / cars, especially miniatures and Choro Qs that amuses me, and some culinary visits where I sometimes had an urge to try new foods, whether it's fast food or not.

The first track pays a visit to Cilandak Town Square, one of the malls located in South Jakarta. It is opened in 2002, doning a Town Square concept. It only consists of two floors, where both floors are dominated with restaurants and diners. However, there are also a department store, a game center, two book stores, a food mart, and some others.

The construction of this track is started as I gathered enough references for surroundings, including the inside part, the flooring, the mall's map, and the buildings. It turns out that I've made this into a big project as I work on this track, and had frequent visits only to see the surroundings, that is to make sure that it feels like you're racing in the mall itself, complete with supporting sceneries.
citos-showcase1.png
The track itself is characterized as a "Long, sweeping, focus-demanding" course, having two long straights with sharp turns waiting. The course also has lots of sharp turns (there are three hairpins) and a long right hander, known as "Timezone Corner", which might be the most prestigious and spectacular section you'd drive. There are two configurations: GP, with all the sharp turns, and Short, with portions of course shortened but not forgetting its "Focus-demanding" persona. It's like Norisring / AVUS, but with that artsy flooring and such.
citos-showcase2.png
The course also tributes to its now-closed Timezone center. To make you guys believe that it is closed, better check out my blogpost for the full story. It'll be missed forever in the heart of fans and arcade gamers alike...

Drive, comment, enjoy!

PS: 2010 version will be coming soon...
citostrack.png
Citos.zip
(59.24 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [stc] [oth] Cilandak Town Square

Post by Haruna »

Not bad, but I feel like the track could be expanded further into the right side of the screen; you got a whole lot of layout there sitting around doing nothing.

Also, the land map cars are far too huge.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Rendy

Re: [stc] [oth] Cilandak Town Square

Post by Rendy »

Haruna wrote:Not bad, but I feel like the track could be expanded further into the right side of the screen; you got a whole lot of layout there sitting around doing nothing.

Also, the land map cars are far too huge.
I know. Actually, the racing takes place inside the mall and the right side of the track is the road access; how could a vehicle go to the parking spot not featured when the road access to the parking is closed for an additional layout? The access to parking goes one way by rounding the mall actually

Then the Lmap cars, they're small in other side and big in another. There's a point though: emulating elevation.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog