GeneRally Career 2 [excel]

Miscellaneous worthy stuff, which will make your GR experience even more special.
ivaneurope

Re: GeneRally Career [excel]

Post by ivaneurope »

Bouncebackability wrote:Keep your eyes peeled, I'm about to start testing the new version in earnest. Then just some finishing touches :taped:
If there is a chance to edit the whole thing(Levels and XP) I'd implement this into WEC or Touring cars themed gamepack.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

ivaneurope wrote:
Bouncebackability wrote:Keep your eyes peeled, I'm about to start testing the new version in earnest. Then just some finishing touches :taped:
If there is a chance to edit the whole thing(Levels and XP) I'd implement this into WEC or Touring cars themed gamepack.
:shhh: I'm a man with a plan
Except the XP, yes you could change it, but then you could just cheat and it would remove the whole point, and destroy one of the new features.
...and actually the levels too, there are less this time, as the structure has changed. It's 90% I would say.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Bouncebackability wrote:
ivaneurope wrote:
:shhh: I'm a man with a plan
Except the XP, yes you could change it, but then you could just cheat and it would remove the whole point, and destroy one of the new features.
...and actually the levels too, there are less this time, as the structure has changed. It's 90% I would say.
Man, My plans are ruined. But anyway I'll try to adapt somehow the levels for WEC classes(LMP1, LMP2, GTPro, GTAm)
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Ah I see, are you trying to implement multi class racing?
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Bouncebackability wrote:Ah I see, are you trying to implement multi class racing?
I've got 2 plans for gamepack:
1.Touring cars: Starting from the bottom championships all the way to the Big 4(V8SC, Superstars, DTM and WTCC)
2.WEC: The idea for using the XP for determine the class eligibility(similar to the way FIA/ASO cathegorised the drivers in the 24 hours of Le Mans). By progressing in the races you can be eligible to drive later in GT Pro, LMP2, privateer LMP1 campaign(Pescarolo, Rebellion, Strakka etc.) and works LMP1 campaign(Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Peugeot) In other words the player climbs on the XP ladder until you get works entry in the LMP1.
I don't know which plan will suit the Excell career better.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

You could probably do the wec method fairly easily, I'll test it out
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Another example will be the F1 ladder - for example Formula Ford/F3/AutoGP/GP2/F1
puttz

Post by puttz »

Any update yet? Also, I think I have run into a bug, it appears as if it does not update past year 5. I've run a couple of seasons past year 5, and it does not appear to be updating at all.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

funny you should mention, I've been working on it for the last few days trying to iron out bugs on the new version.

Have you tried pressing F9 on the relevant pages to try and give the formula's a kick :compko:
puttz

Post by puttz »

I've pressed F9 on the classes, personal, and the series screens, and none of those seem to do anything :vsad:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Man, I don't know what to suggest, I will try and find some time tomorrow to find the issue.

Perhaps you could send your file to me at rdw_93 :) hotmail.co.uk
puttz

Post by puttz »

Whoops. I already overwrote it to start over :doh: I thought maybe I somehow goofed something or another up somewhere. I'll have to run up to year 6 again, and see if it happens again or if it was just a freak thing :shrug:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

BBA, please consider the Formula Racing ladder for the next version - starting from F4 all the way to F1.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Aha! I just figured out something that needs to be addressed: ties. You can't account for ties in the races, because you cannot repeat finish positions in the spreadsheet. That would explain why a couple of times when I got to the end of a season, the points in the spreadsheet didn't match up with what the game said. The new version should be able to allow multiple drivers to have the same finishing position.

Edit: Also, I just finished a 6th season, and it seems to be working fine. Must have just been some freak thing. Do you know if it would mess it up by changing class names after you start your career? And also, something seems wrong with the "best season" thing, it is displaying what was probably my worst season as my best season.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

I've release GeneRally Career 2.

All the details can be found in the first post!

Cheers, BBA!
puttz

Re: GeneRally Career 2 [excel]

Post by puttz »

After an initial look, it looks very much improved. Highly customizable! The only thing I miss from the first version is the multiple classes in the different tiers, I liked having options as to which series I wanted to run at a given level. Now I have to go through a progression with no choices :worried: Other than that, looks great. I like being able to customize the schedules much easier, it was a pain to change tracks around in the old version with having to make sure they made sense for all the classes that particular track would be used in. Now I can put any track in any slot and in any order. I'm going to test it out now. There goes an hour or two of exam study time :P

Edit: Ah, looks like the AI values can't be edited, either. :sorry: I was hoping that would be available in the new version. Although, for some reason the AI value of the 112 level driver can be edited, don't know if that's supposed to be able to happen or not.

Edit2: Just found another thing that you might want to think about. On the setup sheet where you choose the tracks to be run in each series, the class names do not automatically change to reflect customized classes. They remain as the default names and have to be changed manually. I changed it in my copy so that it'll update manually. It's a very simple fix, just have it reference the class cells. Looks like also the drop down boxes described in the about page don't exist for selecting tracks.

Edit3: Another annoying thing I just found after running a season: If you get enough XP to jump up 2 or 3 levels, you can't race the series that are in between if you want to. No matter your XP, you are locked into 1 and only 1 series. I have to say that this is a little bit disappointing and a good bit of a downgrade from v1. :down: Still fantastic, though. There are just a few things that bug me about it. Just giving some constructive criticism for improvements :done:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks for the extensive feedback puttz
puttz wrote:The only thing I miss from the first version is the multiple classes in the different tiers, I liked having options as to which series I wanted to run at a given level.
Understood, I felt that the pyramid was one of the main negatives about the old version, and that a linier (sp?) progression through a genre of categories made more sense. Plus you can edit the categories as you wish beforehand anyway
puttz wrote:Ah, looks like the AI values can't be edited, either. :sorry: I was hoping that would be available in the new version. Although, for some reason the AI value of the 112 level driver can be edited, don't know if that's supposed to be able to happen or not.
No the 112 was not supposed to be edited :P Could I ask why you think it needs to be edited. The range covers a lot of skill levels and if you do the first category in 'M' you dont have to do all the rest in 'M' too?
puttz wrote:On the setup sheet where you choose the tracks to be run in each series, the class names do not automatically change to reflect customized classes. They remain as the default names and have to be changed manually.
Will fix, hadn't thought of that :sweatdrop:
puttz wrote:If you get enough XP to jump up 2 or 3 levels, you can't race the series that are in between if you want to. No matter your XP, you are locked into 1 and only 1 series. I have to say that this is a little bit disappointing and a good bit of a downgrade from v1. :down:
Originally all the ones between the last competed category and the top unlocked category were available when you jumped ahead, but it was causing all sorts of oddities and I could not get it to work properly (a big part of the delay). In the end I had to compromise with what I have here (my logic being that you received an 'offer' to compete in the class). But perhaps it would be better to be allowed to revisit all lower categories at any time? :scratch:

I'm moving house this weekend so will probably not be able to fix/update the docuement until the middle of next week.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Bouncebackability wrote:
puttz wrote:Ah, looks like the AI values can't be edited, either. :sorry: I was hoping that would be available in the new version. Although, for some reason the AI value of the 112 level driver can be edited, don't know if that's supposed to be able to happen or not.
No the 112 was not supposed to be edited :P Could I ask why you think it needs to be edited. The range covers a lot of skill levels and if you do the first category in 'M' you dont have to do all the rest in 'M' too?
I suppose that does make sense, although I would have liked to be able to edit them since I'm a terrible driver and in the higher classes even on easy level I generally have trouble doing well. No biggie, though.
Bouncebackability wrote:
puttz wrote:If you get enough XP to jump up 2 or 3 levels, you can't race the series that are in between if you want to. No matter your XP, you are locked into 1 and only 1 series. I have to say that this is a little bit disappointing and a good bit of a downgrade from v1. :down:
Originally all the ones between the last competed category and the top unlocked category were available when you jumped ahead, but it was causing all sorts of oddities and I could not get it to work properly (a big part of the delay). In the end I had to compromise with what I have here (my logic being that you received an 'offer' to compete in the class). But perhaps it would be better to be allowed to revisit all lower categories at any time? :scratch:
Okay, that is understandable. It would be nice if you were able to figure out how to make it work with this version (since it was available in the old version). That was one of the things I liked in the old version, that you were able to race in any unlocked tier and not just in the highest tier.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Looks like I found another bug. This is the first time I've taken on a sponsorship, so I haven't had any other tests. When I selected it (Gtracks was the sponsorship), in the sponsorship cell in the driver profile instead of the sponsor's name it had my name. It appears to be tied to the driver name, because I tried changing the driver name and the name in the sponsor cell also changed to reflect that.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Do you mean the cell in the top left? Above your your progression
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Ok, How to continiue in the same tier for Season 3?
puttz

Post by puttz »

@BBA, it is cell H13 in the personal tab.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Better late than never, I've done a bit of an update. Basically...
  • I fixed the locked cell on the ai list
  • you can now change the lowest ai level, so the rest change as a result.
  • previous tiers remain available after a new tier has been unlocked.
The cell H13 on the Personal tab does display part of the users name. This is intentional.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Oh dear, the new update seems to have broken the ability to copy and paste an entire preset into the file due to protection of some of the cells. Now you have to do it section by section :weep:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

:doh: I'll fix it

edit: all fixed